• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

There is still a long way to go and there is plenty of time for him to catch a old Gen fire type even if he doesn’t catch a Gen 8 fire type. Let’s not rush to this thinking until we get close to the end of this series.

tbh, Fire is a type we don't have a lot of in general. In reality, all the starters out for Ash, but so are Talonflame and Torkoal, but also Turtonator and Alolan Marowak. And obviously, every Fire type of a line Goh will catch and since Ash didn't catch Centiskorch, its out as well and he possibly isn't gonna catch the Gigamax Coalossal next episode either, which means that line is also out.

Cptnmac1

tbh, Fire is a type we don't have a lot of in general. In reality, all the starters out for Ash, but so are Talonflame and Torkoal, but also Turtonator and Alolan Marowak. And obviously, every Fire type of a line Goh will catch and since Ash didn't catch Centiskorch, its out as well and he possibly isn't gonna catch the Gigamax Coalossal next episode either, which means that line is also out.
There's still plenty of fire types that are still open. Arcanine, rapidash, houndoom, blaziken(imo the only fire starter that ash doesnt have that has a chance), magmortar, chandelure, volcarona, etc. Some aren't as likely as others but the point is that there are still a good number of fire types still on the table.

nickdt

There's still plenty of fire types that are still open. Arcanine, rapidash, houndoom, blaziken(imo the only fire starter that ash doesnt have that has a chance), magmortar, chandelure, volcarona, etc. Some aren't as likely as others but the point is that there are still a good number of fire types still on the table.

Some of them are extremely unlikely though. I can't see Ash with Rapidash, Houndoom (Its a hellhound, which i doubt they will ever give Ash), Blaziken (Is a starter and the main mon of a travelling companion - unlike Dragonite, who came post-league and the main mons were Axew and Excadrill anyways, i doubt Ash gets mons that are heavily associated with companions or are their signature Pokemon). Considering the mystical status surrounding Volcarona, i doubt Ash is getting that one as well - at least in this series, because he has Lucario.

Realistically, the only Fire type Ash can have are Arcanine, Ninetales, Magmortar, Chandelure, Pyroar and the gen 8 fire types (Of which Centiskorch is extremely unlikely, so that only leaves Coalossal).

Ibrahim Saidu

I have three questions.
1 What Ice Types do you think Ash should get?
2 What other Electric Types Ash can get
3 What Dragon Types do you think Ash should get

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
1. Mamoswine or frosmoth;
2. Luxray, alolan raichu or toxtricity (none of these are happening, though);
3. No captures, just give back goodra and evolve gible.

Ibrahim Saidu

1. Mamoswine or frosmoth;
2. Luxray, alolan raichu or toxtricity (none of these are happening, though);
3. No captures, just give back goodra and evolve gible.
Luxray and Toxtricity are possible now since this series has broken so many threads maybe it can finally break Ash can't get another Electric Types

Do you guys think Ash can get Zeraora since we saw one on the PM 2019 poster. Also is it possible for Ash to get Grimmsnarl and Coalossal

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The only type I really want Ash to catch one of is Rock. I think that Ash will have a rivalry with Gordie like he has with Bea, and he needs Rock-types in order for that to happen.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
We could see Nebby again next time Ash and Go visit Alola. Ash's Naganadel and some other Ultra Beasts as well.

if ultra wormholes are capable of appearing outside of Alola, then that means they could appear anywhere at any time.

Seems this will be the first series without Ash catching Fire Type.

maybe in terms of one from the current gen, but he could still get one from a previous gen.

Pokemon Power

You know, if they were ever to bring back James' Mime Jr. (I missed it since the end of the Sinnoh arc), as a way to contrast it from Mimey, they could evolve it into Galarian Mr. Mime. Mime Jr. liked to make people dance, and Galarian Mr. Mime are into tap-dancing, so I think it would be a good fit.

dman_dustin

maybe in terms of one from the current gen, but he could still get one from a previous gen.

Chandelure is the one I can imagine they'd give Ash. Galarian Darmanitan would work if we count Zen Mode.

As for Volcorona, not sure why they'd prefer it over Centiskorch, since Centiskorch seems like it would have more personality.

The only other choice is Blaziken but given what we've seen so far more than likely not.

None of the fire types look likely better to just have Quilava/Pignite come back and evolve in that cade.

i'm still unconvinced Ash is getting more than 5/6 given how they aren't using his Pokemon and decided to last give him Galarian Farfetch'd so a fire type would be unlikely.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokemon Power said:
You know, if they were ever to bring back James' Mime Jr. (I missed it since the end of the Sinnoh arc), as a way to contrast it from Mimey, they could evolve it into Galarian Mr. Mime. Mime Jr. liked to make people dance, and Galarian Mr. Mime are into tap-dancing, so I think it would be a good fit.

That seems like a very contrived way for them to showcase Galarian Barrierd when they could just have Dande showcase it the next time he appears since he owns its evolved form in the games, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he'd own one in the anime as well.

Red and Blue

That seems like a very contrived way for them to showcase Galarian Barrierd when they could just have Dande showcase it the next time he appears since he owns its evolved form in the games, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he'd own one in the anime as well.
I don't really see it as contrived. If they plan to bring back TR's older Pokemon at some point James' Mime Jr. evolving in Galar sounds reasonable to me.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't really see it as contrived. If they plan to bring back TR's older Pokemon at some point James' Mime Jr. evolving in Galar sounds reasonable to me.
Only Mime Jr. from Galar evolve into Galarian Mr. Mime. It's possible that Mime Jr. will become a normal Mr. Mime after evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.