• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Only Mime Jr. from Galar evolve into Galarian Mr. Mime. It's possible that Mime Jr. will become a normal Mr. Mime after evolving.
Any Mime Jr regardless of origin will evolve into Galarian Mr Mime if evolved in Galar. I can transfer a Mime Jr from an older game and it would still evolve into Galarian Mr Mime if evolved in SwSh.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Any Mime Jr regardless of origin will evolve into Galarian Mr Mime if evolved in Galar. I can transfer a Mime Jr from an older game and it would still evolve into Galarian Mr Mime if evolved in SwSh.
But still, the evolution might not happen in Galar, as this is not a Galar-centric series.

Red and Blue

Only Mime Jr. from Galar evolve into Galarian Mr. Mime. It's possible that Mime Jr. will become a normal Mr. Mime after evolving.

If you brought a Cubone and Pikachu from Kanto into Alola they will still evolve into Alolan Marowak and Raichu. The same should apply to a Mime Jr.

PsychoLogical

You know what, I’m gonna also bet on Dracovish on being an Ash capture for the time being since if that original promotional poster is anything, it’s going to get a focus ep sometime after the DD arc. I guess also another old gen mon but meh for now. And I’m also going to put down Dreepy as still a potential capture since I’ve noticed something about Leon’s Dragapult in the preview: It’s missing its Dreepys. Unless they’re offscreen, they’re nowhere to be seen. Not even in the scene where it’s using Dragon Rush. And since they aren’t debuting since they’re nowhere to be seen for the time being and if they really are missing when JN043 airs, Dreepy can still debut with a focus episode :3

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Hayashi’s general style of music is all kinda like that (modern, EDM-ish), so while I think it fits most situations, sometimes it does feel random lol
Honestly, Hayashi's style is great. I just don't think it fits this anime. Seriously, his My Hero Academia work is outright amazing

Cptnmac1

Pretty sure the best bet for Ash's next catch is my boi dracovish
I'm not writing off coalossal just yet. In the preview its shown gigantamaxing in the mountains which atleast leads to it being wild. Also leon uses dragapult against it instead of charizard(despite charizard being at a disadvantage I don't think that would stop leon from using it), which I think along with dragapult's attack seeming not to do anything that leon might struggle a little against coalossal. With ash meeting with rose, I get the feeling that he might show up midway through the fight with coalossal, showing up to give leon a hand alongside dragonite and Gengar. I'm not saying coalossal is a sure thing or even likely, but I don't think it's odds are zero

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
I don't really see it as contrived. If they plan to bring back TR's older Pokemon at some point James' Mime Jr. evolving in Galar sounds reasonable to me.

That's a big "if" considering that there isn't anything that strongly implies that we'd see their old Pokemon again. Satoshi's reserves have a much higher chance of appearing again from my viewpoint since there are more fans that care about them than there are fans of the Rocket-dan's old Pokemon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Can't see it happening.
You saying that makes me even more sure about dracovish now :p
I'm not writing off coalossal just yet. In the preview its shown gigantamaxing in the mountains which atleast leads to it being wild. Also leon uses dragapult against it instead of charizard(despite charizard being at a disadvantage I don't think that would stop leon from using it), which I think along with dragapult's attack seeming not to do anything that leon might struggle a little against coalossal. With ash meeting with rose, I get the feeling that he might show up midway through the fight with coalossal, showing up to give leon a hand alongside dragonite and Gengar. I'm not saying coalossal is a sure thing or even likely, but I don't think it's odds are zero

I mean it is possible yea but it has zero hints towards it, I'd say dracovish is more probable than a random coalossal in the preview, I wouldn't mind ash getting one though

Master Pikachu 11

tbh, Fire is a type we don't have a lot of in general. In reality, all the starters out for Ash, but so are Talonflame and Torkoal, but also Turtonator and Alolan Marowak. And obviously, every Fire type of a line Goh will catch and since Ash didn't catch Centiskorch, its out as well and he possibly isn't gonna catch the Gigamax Coalossal next episode either, which means that line is also out.
Some of them are extremely unlikely though. I can't see Ash with Rapidash, Houndoom (Its a hellhound, which i doubt they will ever give Ash), Blaziken (Is a starter and the main mon of a travelling companion - unlike Dragonite, who came post-league and the main mons were Axew and Excadrill anyways, i doubt Ash gets mons that are heavily associated with companions or are their signature Pokemon). Considering the mystical status surrounding Volcarona, i doubt Ash is getting that one as well - at least in this series, because he has Lucario.

Realistically, the only Fire type Ash can have are Arcanine, Ninetales, Magmortar, Chandelure, Pyroar and the gen 8 fire types (Of which Centiskorch is extremely unlikely, so that only leaves Coalossal).
First of all even though he may not catch Coalossal that doesn’t mean the line can’t come back. Ash can get a Rolycoly and evolve it into one. I mean did you forget that back in Kalos Noibat appeared in one of the Korrina episodes and chased Ash and his friends out of a cave and also Noivern appeared under Alexa’s ownership and Ash still ended up getting one anyway. Even if the writers don’t let him get one there are other fire types that he can still catch.

He could catch a starter of a companion that is no longer relevant anymore, just because its a former companion doesn’t mean he can’t catch a companion Pokémon. I mean even though Korrina isn’t a main companion, she still is considered a friend of his and she spent more then one episode with him and even appeared again in this series. Despite all of this they are still giving him a Lucario even though it is Korrina’s ace.

Again this is your opinion and not fact, just because you say something is realistically doesn’t mean that he is only going to catch those Pokémon. Still a long series ahead of us. And Blaziken and Volcarona have as much chance as those Pokémon that you mentioned.

Last edited:

Illusio

No words, only rage
Some of them are extremely unlikely though. I can't see Ash with Rapidash, Houndoom (Its a hellhound, which i doubt they will ever give Ash), Blaziken (Is a starter and the main mon of a travelling companion - unlike Dragonite, who came post-league and the main mons were Axew and Excadrill anyways, i doubt Ash gets mons that are heavily associated with companions or are their signature Pokemon). Considering the mystical status surrounding Volcarona, i doubt Ash is getting that one as well - at least in this series, because he has Lucario.

Realistically, the only Fire type Ash can have are Arcanine, Ninetales, Magmortar, Chandelure, Pyroar and the gen 8 fire types (Of which Centiskorch is extremely unlikely, so that only leaves Coalossal).

Why Pyroar? I like that lion and I would want to see it more, but it doesn't really stand out when compared to other Fire types they could choose.

PsychoLogical

Why Pyroar? I like that lion and I would want to see it more, but it doesn't really stand out when compared to other Fire types they could choose.
Yeeee it really doesn't... Why bother with something like Pyroar when they could just go with something way more attractive like Chandelure, Volcarona, Arcanine, or even Blaziken.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Apparently that "great impact" Grookey was supposed to have extends past the DD. Whatever it is I hope it's worth the wait

part of me wonders if that was a lie to save face for the thing.

because i'm still having a hard time picturing what "Great impact" grookey could possibly have at this point. Getting caught ain't really impactful in itself, since even if Ash doesn't get it, Gou probably will, and the last thing I want to see is any starter have what happened to greninja pulled on them.

I still want Heatran for fire myself but who knows.

I've been thinking about it more, and to be honest i'm starting to think maybe Ash should just use reserves when it comes to fire and grass types since he's had enough of them be successful, evolution or not.

In Water terms however he's had success sure, but only two of his water types have ever evolved, and the first one hasn't battled since it evolved in the indigo league and became somewhat of a joke since then (kingler) and Greninja's evolution was completely overshadowed by a fanfic level style transformation that in the end didn't help Ash at all, because the writers just couldn't give him a proper mega, and even then it was released.

That's why I would like to see something like Kubfu get caught and go the rapid style, so we can finally see Ash use an evolved water pokemon to great effectiveness, I don't care if it's a starter or not, just something to stand out from the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.