• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

Considering the focus on captures I think Ash will pull a BW, catching a good amount of Pokémon and rotating his team

Agreed, I'd like him to get at least 6 Galar Pokemon and 5-6 other region Pokemon. So he get's a Galar Team and an International Team. I'm thinking these plus reserves could be made into a rotating cast depending on the region Ash is in at the time.

I want Ash to G-Max Kingler! Give the king crab some love!

If Ash uses older gen Pokemon I'd rather be uses the ones he already owns instead of catching newer ones.

Semi-agree. Don't give him anything else from Kanto and Unova and at least 1 more from the other regions (namely Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola. Let him catch Larvitar in Johto and Aura Sphere Riolu in Sinnoh. If they're Pokemon Ash has met before I think it'd be okay.).

Thing here is the newest region is not the focus. Or at least it is not the focus as of right now. So people wanting him to catch only Galar Pokemon is weird unlike other series where the newest region was the main focus.

Well to be fair it might just be easier to focus and discuss the 81 lines of Galar then take into account the hundreds of other options from all 8 Regions?

Red and Blue

Thing here is the newest region is not the focus. Or at least it is not the focus as of right now. So people wanting him to catch only Galar Pokemon is weird unlike other series where the newest region was the main focus.
It's not really weird if some people just have a preference for the newer Pokemon over the old ones

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's not really weird if some people just have a preference for the newer Pokemon over the old ones

true but basing logic off previous gens isn't good reasoning, because we know this series is not focusing only on galar like previous gen's did with their regions so that Ash only getting pokemon from them made sense, that is not the case this time, so if Ash captures something that isn't from Galar, it's fair game.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
true but basing logic off previous gens isn't good reasoning, because we know this series is not focusing only on galar like previous gen's did with their regions so that Ash only getting pokemon from them made sense, that is not the case this time, so if Ash captures something that isn't from Galar, it's fair game.

The thing is, they can only do the region hopping so many times before it gets incredibly stale... and they need to have some story eventually - and a story over multiple regions just isn't going to work.

Meanwhile, you have a region that's virtually untouched as of writing and has enough story elements that are fresh that the writers can piggyback off..

@World Turtle, you're seriously contemplating a scenario where Ash is going to juggle 12 to 13 pokemon? Remember Palpitoad? Imagine that and 2 to 3 others extra. To entertain the thought is ludicrous. If he uses old pokemon there are plenty in his roster.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Considering the focus on captures I think Ash will pull a BW, catching a good amount of Pokémon and rotating his team
Do you...remember how "good" that was in BW, right? Of course, it depends if the writers learned a lesson about rotation or no. Ideally, if the world tour is "phase 1", let's say, he can have a mixed multiregional team (let's say, pikachu + 4 pokemon of different regions) and use his pokemon at Oak's/Kukui's sporadically as 6th members. All will depend on how will be the battles this time. "Phase 2" is Galar League, so he can focus more in a Galar oriented team, with the phase 1 team and reserves as support and coaching the newbies.

But, that's just wishful thinking. If I remember correctly, someone from the staff said PM 2019 will be more episodic, with less two parter and no multiparter arcs. It doesn't look like that's beneficial for lore fans or who want Ash's previous pokemon come back.

Red and Blue

The thing is, they can only do the region hopping so many times before it gets incredibly stale... and they need to have some story eventually - and a story over multiple regions just isn't going to work.

Meanwhile, you have a region that's virtually untouched as of writing and has enough story elements that are fresh that the writers can piggyback off..

@World Turtle, you're seriously contemplating a scenario where Ash is going to juggle 12 to 13 pokemon? Remember Palpitoad? Imagine that and 2 to 3 others extra. To entertain the thought is ludicrous. If he uses old pokemon there are plenty in his roster.
Why can't a story told across different regions work? They could easily incorporate SwSh's plot for the other seven regions. Or just do an original story entirely

World Turtle

Depends on how much type overlap there is. If its next to nil they might be able to make it work, but honestly I just want him to catch Galar Pokemon and rotate his reserves in right now.

ShadowForce720

Actually the region hopping things is more beneficial then trying to trap Ash down into a region until it's over, because with the way things were before it was basically trapped Ash in the current region of the current generation and then not letting him out until the league is over or letting him out briefly do to special circumstances, and then when the gen 9 games are coming out and Ash has to go to the next region. Suddenly drop existing plotlines that aren't the league and a evil team arc that may even though they were in progress or foreshadowed(like the evil Malamar plot line that was dropped in X&Y do to time constraints) then possibly be forced to rushed the league and evil team arc and other plot lines that are kept in and rushed. Rush any development for the main cast pokemon and even if main cast pokemon belongs to Ash if it isn't Pikachu, a starter, or the ace immediately rush it's development and give it less battles then the other pokemon because it's not going to be on the next regional team.

Where as now with the region hopping they can take there time and if they have storylines they want to do they don't have to rush them, because Ash can come back to the region and they can easily rotate future regions into the rotation. Also this help with the pokemon and it makes it easier to juggle a lot of pokemon even if it's 12 to 13 because unlike Unova they don't have to rush Ash's pokemon off his team and just keep them trapped in Oak's lab or somewhere else and not allowing them to come back. Where as now they can just take their time developing them and then for instance when gen 9 comes around they can rotate some of the more fully developed pokemon off and allow some gen 9 pokemon on the main cast and if a pokemon that was already on the team still needs develop they can keep it on the team for a little longer to finish off it's development to at least a satisfactory point before rotating it off and then bringing it back later.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't even think that Ash would challenge the Galar League to begin with.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I don't wanna turn to that guy who posts random Pokemon and make essays so I will put a spoiler ( which is basically all gen 8 Pokemon that I think are good/amazing design wise that should got to Ash and some to Go)
1.Rillaboom( amazing looking; should go to Ash because it's starter),2. Cinderace( go to Go but, since Scorbunny looks like it'd be Pikachu/Axew/Piplup it seems it will stay as Scorbunny( as of Scorbunny line it's ok , I am glad Ash didn't get it),3.Intelleon( amazing looking, should go to Ash,because it's starter.Drizzile on other hand is meh so I hope Ash is not stuck with second stage),4.Greedent( meh design, hopefully to no one),5.Corviknight( seeing how Ash always catches a bird, Corviknight to Ash also one of the best designs),6.Orbeetle( really good design but its previous forms are bad, idk I'd say go to Go but in last form),7.Thievul( this thing has grown on me tbh, I hated it in the beginning but now it's good, Ash should get one),8.Eldegoss( meh, should go away),9.Dubwool( better than Wooloo but tbh it seems kinda boring, no one should get it maybe the girl should get it),10.Drednaw( cool, way better than Chewtle, it should go to Go IMO),11.Bolthund( cool design, it'd be likely girl's), 12.Coalossal( unique,amazing design, Ash should catch it and evolve it all to way, I hope this is not like Boldore when he's stuck with Carkoal, 13.Flapple and Appletun( Appletun is pretty meh design, but Flapple is good, Appletun to no one and Flapple to Go), 14.Sandaconda( looks awesome, should go to Ash),15.Cramorant( looks good, but I don't think anyone should catch it,tbh), 16.Barraskewda( looks amazing but no one shoudl catch it because we all know how fish Pokemon in main cast were treated( Goldeen for example), 17.Toxtricity( Toxel was bad for me, but it grew to be ok, but evo form is amazing, should go to Go because Ash doesn't have electric types except Pikachu; I mean we all thought he'd get VIkavolt...),18.Centiscorch( amazing designs, should go to Ash or Go), 19.Grapploct( looks ok, but I don't think it should go to anyone, maybe to girl), 20.Poltageist( cool, but that will very likely go to TR),21.Hetterene( never fan of feminine Pokemon for Ash , so it shouldn't go to him, maybe to Jessie, and Polteageist for James),22.Grimmsnarl( Amazing design, should go to Ash in that form, likely it'd be one of the strongest expesially in Giga form, please Ash catch it),23.Obstagoon( look awesome, but I think Go should catch it),24.Perrseker(still bad design, no one), 25.Cursola( it's meh design, no one), 26.Sirfetch'd( really cool design to Go), 27.Mr.Rime( lol no one), 28.Runerigus( cool design but I don't think anyone will catch it,) 29.Alcremie( meh, no one), 30.Falinks( they're cute but I don't think anyone will catch them),31.Pinchurchin( meh, no one), 32.Snom( Ash should catch it and leave it as Snom, it's super cute and seeing how popular it's becoming at least on Reddit,it should be on the Ash's team),33.Stonjourner( it's ok, I hated it as first but now it's ok, no one, though), 34.Eiscue(lol no one),35.Indeedee( lol no one), 36.Morpeeko(lol no one),37.Copperajah( meh, no one),38.fossils(some are good, arctovish is meh) but still no one), 39.Duraludon( good, for Go),40.Dragapult(FOR ASH ASAP, ONE OF THE BEST POKEMON)
For Ash:10 Pokemon, from those I am rooting for: 2 starters, bird, Snom, Grimmsnarl,Dragapult and Coalossal( as fire), so that's 7 Pokemon + Pikachu as 8 in development that's enough.
Also as of Ash catching old Pokemon: I disagree because he had a chance of catching older mons. Why would you rather Ash to catch Rhydon instead of Gen 8 Pokemon like amazing Dragapult, that need some love.We have never seen Rhydon, Ash had a chance to catch it since 1997, let new Pokemon shine.And one more thing Gen 8 Pokemon can exist in other Gen's regions ;)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Why can't a story told across different regions work? They could easily incorporate SwSh's plot for the other seven regions. Or just do an original story entirely
I agree with you on that one, but they confirmed that they're doing less multi-episode arcs this time around.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
If Rose is eventually going to announce the Gym Challenge in the anime Ash can just fly occasionaly to the gyms instead of journeying through the entire region
Then instead of the "Road to X City" episodes we have the research episodes like the ones we know so far

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
So guys what do you think how Dyna/Giga will be in the anime? 1.Will Pokemon move around( because it's only stadium thing I think they will be like "tanks", I mean imagine them moving and destroying stadium and people and Pokemon,also they'd be too OP if they could dodge attacks.), 2. In game it's 3 turns IIRC, will it be like 3 minutes or 3 attack), 3. Will Pokemon will be behind trainers like in game? Or in front. 4. How big will they be, I mean how will non Dyna attacks hurt them?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm thinking that Ash might use Dynamax, but that depends on whether or not he decides to challenge the Galar League.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm thinking that Ash might use Dynamax, but that depends on whether or not he decides to challenge the Galar League.

it was said multiple times that dyna/gigantamaxing will be capable outside of Galar in the anime so they can use it whenever the writers deem fit.

however what I wonder about is Pikachu being able to gigantamax, since given how "specific" the details are on that, he and Meowth would both have to be "Tampered" with in order to do it.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Pokemon I want for Ash that are unlikely:

Any of the Galarian variants (except Zigzagoon), but especially Zen Mode Darmanitan
Eiscue
Frosmoth
Falinks
Grapploct

Zariful

So I'm wondering if we have an idea of which of the starters is the popular one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.