• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

It's prediction time! Here is my prediction for next year.
Goh
1. Scorbunny-raboot-cinderace- still the same but will learn fire punch and shadow ball for its battle with new in the future.
2. Sobble - wont evolve but will gain confidence and disappear less.
3. Scyther -scizor- due to past merchandise and with moves like shadow claw and fury cutter
4. Giant Magikarp-gyarados- will evolve and learn hyper beam . it also will still splash
5. Bisharp- another popular Pokemon he catches in Unova.
6. Farfetch'd - done
Ash
1. Pikachu- done
2. Dragonite- done
3. Lucario- will learn giga impact and focus punch
4. sirfetch'd- will evolve due to merchandise
5. Gengar- will learn sludge bomb
Possible catches vased on popular polls
Arcanine-refernce to show his old rivalry with gary
Umbreon- same as above
Sylveon- reference to serena
Chloe
1. Boltund - yamper will evolve to protect her from a tr attack
2. Eevee-done

No thanks, i want Bisharp for Ash.

Ash ain't getting an Eeveelution. Eevee is the marketingtool, so no way they are letting another Eeveelution on the main cast overshadow it, especially if those are Umbreon and Sylveon, who are both more popular than Eevee itself.

And while Koharu isn't on the main cast, Eevee is bound to appear in nearly every episode because for one single reason: Its secondary mascot status.

I don't think Giant Magikarp will evolve, i think regular Magikarp will. If Giant Magikarp evolves, there was literally no point in giving Goh a Giant Magikarp in the first place, since it will turn into a regular Gyarados anyways.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
Ash
1. Pikachu- done
2. Dragonite- done
3. Lucario- will learn giga impact and focus punch
4. sirfetch'd- will evolve due to merchandise
5. Gengar- will learn sludge bomb
Possible catches vased on popular polls
Arcanine-refernce to show his old rivalry with gary
Umbreon- same as above
Sylveon- reference to serena

I don't mind the idea of him getting a Windie since it would cover the Fire-type and it's fast, but I don't think it would happen as a callback to Shigeru since that would be pointless. Even on the off chance that Shigeru does appear, it would likely only be one time thing done for nostalgia baiting reasons, and I find the thought of Satoshi capturing a Pokemon for that purpose to be rather trite.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Um, does his name start with "Be-" and ends with "-a"?

I remember an interview where it was said someone on the staff like Bea so a better question would be:

"Does the staff like Allister?"

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Why is it that everytime I see the topic of wants for whatever Ash captures in this series since he’s no longer restricted to one region for them come up, I always at least see someone mention wanting something like Bisharp and Arcanine.

Mew29240

Why is it that everytime I see the topic of wants for whatever Ash captures in this series since he’s no longer restricted to one region for them come up, I always at least see someone mention wanting something like Bisharp and Arcanine.

Not sure about Bisharp, but I can always remember Ash running along with Arcanine in the original opening. Maybe it's because of that?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Not sure about Bisharp, but I can always remember Ash running along with Arcanine in the original opening. Maybe it's because of that?
I assume that’s the case for Arcanine. While for Bisharp, it was always on at least someone’s list of wants for Ash captures in JN throughout the months of 2020 after Dragonite got caught.

kickachu

Momentai!
Remember in the fourth episode of be everyone thought an umbreon was wondering in the battle club and ash wanted to catch it. Also remeber when ash caught scraggy it was the first dark pokemon a main character caught. So I was thinking it might be a little similar but different

Mew29240

I assume that’s the case for Arcanine. While for Bisharp, it was always on at least someone’s list of wants for Ash captures in JN throughout the months of 2020 after Dragonite got caught.

It might be a relic of fans wanting a Steel-type and Dark-type (before Scraggy showed up) for Ash that Bisharp conveniently covers.

ShadowForce720

It might be a relic of fans wanting a Steel-type and Dark-type (before Scraggy showed up) for Ash that Bisharp conveniently covers.

Well I think it’s probably also because Bisharp is perceived as a cool Pokémon some people want Ash to get one. Sure there are some people that don’t like Bisharp but I’m pretty sure for the most part it’s a fairly popular Pokémon.

Master Pikachu 11

Episode preview: Suicune will appear, Goh will try to catch it, battle it, fails. Moving on.....
You know instead of another Goh episode that focuses on him trying to get it, I would like it if Ash was the focus for the Suicune episode to change things up since we already had Goh doing the same thing with Zapdos and this would be another repeat of that if we just focus on Goh again and it would be boring as KenzeyEevee mentioned.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
Remember in the fourth episode of be everyone thought an umbreon was wondering in the battle club and ash wanted to catch it. Also remeber when ash caught scraggy it was the first dark pokemon a main character caught. So I was thinking it might be a little similar but different

I don't see what Zuruggu has to do with Blacky, though. Other than them both being Dark-types, the species aren't synonymous with each other. As for BW004; I don't think that Satoshi being interested in Blacky can be used as evidence that he wants to capture one now, especially since he's shown interest in plenty of Pokemon that he never ended up getting. It's the Nokocchi thing all over again.

kickachu

Momentai!
I don't see what Zuruggu has to do with Blacky, though. Other than them both being Dark-types, the species aren't synonymous with each other. As for BW004; I don't think that Satoshi being interested in Blacky can be used as evidence that he wants to capture one now, especially since he's shown interest in plenty of Pokemon that he never ended up getting. It's the Nokocchi thing all over again.
I know that I meant since ash was the first to catch a dark type this type he might be the first to own a pure dark type. Unlike dunsparce umbreon had more appearance in merchandise same with blazkien darkrai and lucario before ash riolu evolve.

BobbbidyBob

If Pokemon Journeys ends with Ash still not having defeated Dande and Goh not having caught Mew, I’m gonna flop sooo hard!

Red and Blue

I could see Mew deciding to join Go of its own free will if Go himself leaves before the Gen 9 games.

DuskAstral

If Pokemon Journeys ends with Ash still not having defeated Dande and Goh not having caught Mew, I’m gonna flop sooo hard!
I don't think so. None of Satoshi's companions have fulfilled their dream over the course of the series, as they are still striving to make it come true. As for Satoshi's defeat of Dande, I don't think that should be the case in this series, as the perfect time for that should be towards the end of the anime (and maybe even in the penultimate series).

Red and Blue

I don't think so. None of Satoshi's companions have fulfilled their dream over the course of the series, as they are still striving to make it come true. As for Satoshi's defeat of Dande, I don't think that should be the case in this series, as the perfect time for that should be towards the end of the anime (and maybe even in the penultimate series).
Problem is we dont know when the anime will end or if Ash will be replaced or not. Plus even if Ash does defeat Leon he can still do new things or focus on defeating another trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.