• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
I know that I meant since ash was the first to catch a dark type this type he might be the first to own a pure dark type. Unlike dunsparce umbreon had more appearance in merchandise same with blazkien darkrai and lucario before ash riolu evolve.

Would it really matter if his Dark-type in this series [assuming he gets one at all] is a pure Dark-type? Aside from the fact that people want him to get Blacky, I mean? Also while on the subject of Bursyamo merchandise: the fact that it received so much and won't be caught in the near future pretty much shows that popularity doesn't determine every Pokemon that Satoshi is meant to capture.

BobbbidyBob

I don't think so. None of Satoshi's companions have fulfilled their dream over the course of the series, as they are still striving to make it come true. As for Satoshi's defeat of Dande, I don't think that should be the case in this series, as the perfect time for that should be towards the end of the anime (and maybe even in the penultimate series).
Are you saying another 20 years awaits us until Ash defeats Dande now? NUUUUUUUUU

kickachu

Momentai!
Would it really matter if his Dark-type in this series [assuming he gets one at all] is a pure Dark-type? Aside from the fact that people want him to get Blacky, I mean? Also while on the subject of Bursyamo merchandise: the fact that it received so much and won't be caught in the near future pretty much shows that popularity doesn't determine every Pokemon that Satoshi is meant to capture.
Look at the lucario figurines we all knew riolu was going 5o evolve and it did or the dragonair merchandise from the bread in January they made it look like ash was going to get it and he did and it evolved into dragonite so it's possible that umbreon might join the main cast

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So it seems like the only eps left on the unaccounted for are Suicuine and Mr. Fish.
After they close out the remainder of this year presumably will probably get the next big update
which I hope contains plenty cause there’s a ton of sh!t I want and hope to see for year 2/“season 2”. Especially relating to what else is joining Ash’s JN roster, if any older characters could return, and any sort of arc foreshadowing.

desdar300

which I hope contains plenty cause there’s a ton of sh!t I want and hope to see for year 2/“season 2”. Especially relating to what else is joining Ash’s JN roster, if any older characters could return, and any sort of arc foreshadowing.
Grookey will probably be there since (I assume) the Vish thing will be in Galar which usually have more than one ep dedicated to them and we may even see a Bea rematch

nickdt

I don't think so. None of Satoshi's companions have fulfilled their dream over the course of the series, as they are still striving to make it come true. As for Satoshi's defeat of Dande, I don't think that should be the case in this series, as the perfect time for that should be towards the end of the anime (and maybe even in the penultimate series).

Brock is the closest at fullfilling his dream at the moment. Even closer at fullfilling it than Ash is.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Unpopular Opinion but I actually kinda find Gou centric Episodes a lot more interesting than Ash PWC episodes. Well at least until Bea showed up, Ash was just battling random one-off COTD.
I found it so boring because we always knew that he was going to win. Only Bea has provided him any actual challenge and I think the writers made a smart move to not focus too much on his WC battles outside of Major Characters like Bea lol
Agreed because his PWC battles are short and not that good except his gym battles. Remember Ash vs that girl with glasses? I think that fight was like 10 seconds...Not to mention that he always uses Pikachu. This is my major complaint about new series: CoTD PWC battles should have been better.

Last edited:

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
None of the battles are hype at all. Sinnoh and XYZ had the best battles. Not to mention that using Pikachu for every Battle with his Iron Tail and Quick Attack spam is boring. I miss Volt Tackle.

Look at the last battle, Mewtwo wasn't even trying and their strategy sucked so much that Sinnoh or XYZ Ash would have scolded current Ash.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Sinnoh and XYZ had the best battles.
Agree, though Hoenn also had some good battles, and was the point when Ash started to mature, which got carried forward to Sinnoh (and then it went downhill in Unova).
I miss Volt Tackle.
Atleast, "Electroweb" is much better than that waste of space "Electro Ball", which didn't serve any use other than a ball-type attack which is easier to animate.
Look at the last battle, Mewtwo wasn't even trying and their strategy sucked so much that Sinnoh or XYZ Ash would have scolded current Ash.
My biggest gripe is Lucario's moveset.
I mean what were the writers thinking giving it 3 Fighting type moves and a support Normal type move. There is no coverage at all, and Lucario didn't even get a Steel type move, or its other iconic move "Bone Rush".

This is a freaking Lucario we are talking about, which is famous for its huge move-pool and type-coverage which makes it a threat in any situation, even though its power is somewhat low, compared to current standards in the games.

Decidueye23

When do you guys think we will get a teaser for the 2021 Pokémon movie?
While a short teaser might be attached with the zarude movie i dont know when we ll get a movie in 2021. They could deviate from the standard july release as this movie got delayed. So i guess it depends on how they ll go about with the releqse schedule
Agree, though Hoenn also had some good battles, and was the point when Ash started to mature, which got carried forward to Sinnoh (and then it went downhill in Unova).

Atleast, "Electroweb" is much better than that waste of space "Electro Ball", which didn't serve any use other than a ball-type attack which is easier to animate.

My biggest gripe is Lucario's moveset.
I mean what were the writers thinking giving it 3 Fighting type moves and a support Normal type move. There is no coverage at all, and Lucario didn't even get a Steel type move, or its other iconic move "Bone Rush".

This is a freaking Lucario we are talking about, which is famous for its huge move-pool and type-coverage which makes it a threat in any situation, even though its power is somewhat low, compared to current standards in the games.
It just eveolved an episode ago. I think its moveset will change as the series progresses.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
It just eveolved an episode ago. I think its moveset will change as the series progresses.
Doubt it, considering the history of Ash's Pokemon's until now (remember, Scraggy, Oshawott, Snivy, Hawlucha).
For some reason, the Writers really try to avoid giving Ash's Pokemon (especially those that appear regularly) good movesets, or even give upgrades.

And even if it just evolved, we have had instances in the Anime before were a recently evolved Pokemon learns 2 new moves, so wouldn't it have been better if they had replaced Force Palm with something like Meteor Mash or Metal Claw or Bullet Punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.