• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Intelleon Toxtricity Hatterene don't even go with Ash's personality. Corviknight is yay. Grimsnarl is nay( may be its both pre evolved forms). Also, given the theme of first 2 episodes , on-team evolutions seem very unlikely. Apart from the regional bird, I will surprised and happy if Ash gets a fully evolved mon.

That sounds very similar to the logic people tried to use when they were trying to argue that Ash's Pokemon Sun and Moon weren't going to evolve because they didn't need to since Alola wasn't a "battle focus" series and yet by the end of the Alola all of Ash's pokemon on his Alola Team with the exception of Pikachu and Rowlet did fully evolve. So I don't really think you can use the theme of the 2 episodes of the current series say that it's somehow unlikely that will have on team evolutions. I mean heck were only like two episodes into the series there is plenty of time for the pokemon that Ash catches to fully evolve.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

That sounds very similar to the logic people tried to use when they were trying to argue that Ash's Pokemon Sun and Moon weren't going to evolve because they didn't need to since Alola wasn't a "battle focus" series and yet by the end of the Alola all of Ash's pokemon on his Alola Team with the exception of Pikachu and Rowlet did fully evolve. So I don't really think you can use the theme of the 2 episodes of the current series say that it's somehow unlikely that will have on team evolutions. I mean heck were only like two episodes into the series there is plenty of time for the pokemon that Ash catches to fully evolve.

Well I also said I will be surprised and happy if he gets a fully evolved mon. So there's that.

Also, evolutions (and unevolved Rawlett) in Sun and Moon were pretty obvious. I have never argued in the past that SM pals weren't gonna evolve because of lack of battle focus.

Coming back to Pocket Monsters (2019), look at Ash. He is even more childish. Series is clearly of slice of life genre. I think it will be combination of slice of life and battles. So my prediction is that Ash will not have that many fully evolved pokemons or Overpowered pokemon either. Instead, unevolved or middle stage guys will go more with Ash as well as current theme. By the time of league if Ash gets at least 2 fully evolved pokemons, I'll be more than happy.

ShadowForce720

Well I also said I will be surprised and happy if he gets a fully evolved mon. So there's that.

Also, evolutions (and unevolved Rawlett) in Sun and Moon were pretty obvious. I have never argued in the past that SM pals weren't gonna evolve because of lack of battle focus.

Coming back to Pocket Monsters (2019), look at Ash. He is even more childish. Series is clearly of slice of life genre. I think it will be combination of slice of life and battles. So my prediction is that Ash will not have that many fully evolved pokemons or Overpowered pokemon either. Instead, unevolved or middle stage guys will go more with Ash as well as current theme. By the time of league if Ash gets at least 2 fully evolved pokemons, I'll be more than happy.

What you just described is pretty much the exact same thing that people said about Sun and Moon Ash. So I don't really think that what your saying is can really be used as evidence to say that Ash would only have 2 fully evolve mons in this. Like the arguments your trying to make here is pretty much word for word what people tried to argue about Sun and Moon Ash and his Alolan team. Sure you personally may have never argued that the SM mons weren't going to evolve by because of lack of battle focus.

Look were only 2 episodes into the series, and let's not forget that Sun and Moon was similar to this series in that people said that Ash seemed childish and it had a combination of slice of life and battles and people tried to argue that Ash most of Ash's pokemon weren't going to evolve and or fully evolved basically the same things your arguing now about Pocket Monsters (2019) people said about SM and yet that didn't stop Ash from having a team where all of his pokemon on his Alolan team with the exception of Pikachu and Rowlet that could fully evolve did fully evolve.

So it's not really a convincing argument to say that most of Ash's pokemon won't be fully evolved or "overpowered" when we've only seen 2 episodes of the entire series. At this point even though it's not intentional your just using recycled arguments that people were using against SM Ash and just replacing SM with Pocket Monsters(2019). Sure it's not impossible that Ash's could only have one or two fully evolved mons on his team, however at the same time it's too early to till how his team is going to be handled, and it's definitely jumping to conclusion to quickly to say that based on two episode just because the series has slice of life element to it somehow that means that it's likely that Ash would only have one or two fully evolved mons on his team.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

What you just described is pretty much the exact same thing that people said about Sun and Moon Ash. So I don't really think that what your saying is can really be used as evidence to say that Ash would only have 2 fully evolve mons in this. Like the arguments your trying to make here is pretty much word for word what people tried to argue about Sun and Moon Ash and his Alolan team. Sure you personally may have never argued that the SM mons weren't going to evolve by because of lack of battle focus.

Look were only 2 episodes into the series, and let's not forget that Sun and Moon was similar to this series in that people said that Ash seemed childish and it had a combination of slice of life and battles and people tried to argue that Ash most of Ash's pokemon weren't going to evolve and or fully evolved basically the same things your arguing now about Pocket Monsters (2019) people said about SM and yet that didn't stop Ash from having a team where all of his pokemon on his Alolan team with the exception of Pikachu and Rowlet that could fully evolve did fully evolve.

So it's not really a convincing argument to say that most of Ash's pokemon won't be fully evolved or "overpowered" when we've only seen 2 episodes of the entire series. At this point even though it's not intentional your just using recycled arguments that people were using against SM Ash and just replacing SM with Pocket Monsters(2019). Sure it's not impossible that Ash's could only have one or two fully evolved mons on his team, however at the same time it's too early to till how his team is going to be handled, and it's definitely jumping to conclusion to quickly to say that based on two episode just because the series has slice of life element to it somehow that means that it's likely that Ash would only have one or two fully evolved mons on his team.

Well, no one's trying to convince you buddy. I'm only making my point.

Also, I don't get why are you comparing this series with SM. SM is the worst series to consider a benchmark. These are legitimately completely two different series. And I have different opinions on both of them. I never thought of SM as slice of life. Honestly, I can't define what genre that was. xD But this one definitely is slice of life . Only ignorant person will say no .

And yes, one can base their opinions on the first few episodes. If you have watched anime for a long time, you can predict. See Kalos and Sinnoh on one hand and see SM on the other.

All of the SM evolutions were pretty obvious. Rawlett was a marketing slave. Incineroar (the last minute evolution at the last minute league) was supposed to be the OP guy. And Rock dog and melmeltal(the last minute capture) evolutions happened due to promotions. Lets not forget that Ash had only 3 pokemons other than pikachu in SM(lets just forget meltan). So SM is the worst series to base your opinions on.

Just to give you my final argument . My opinion is that PM(2019) is multiregional slice of life with moderate battle focus arc. Also we have another protagonist. These are the reasons why I think Ash will capture more pokemon than SM but them evolving to their final stages is very unlikely.

dman_dustin

What you just described is pretty much the exact same thing that people said about Sun and Moon Ash.

The slice of life aspect was only because he was staying in a specific spot. But once the series started going, while it was clear they had no direction they were at least moving in some direction.

HOWEVER, they outright said that 8th generation anime was just going to be slice of life, focusing on individual episode, while barely focusing on story arcs. So it doesn't seem like there is a direction to go in Sword and Shield Anime.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
My idea for quick Galar League:
  • Battle Milo, Kabu, Opal, Gordie, Melony, Piers 1v1 using Gigantamax in a row (similar to Alain vs. Mega Evolution)
  • Battle Nessa, Bea, Allister, Raihan 3v3/4v4
  • Battle Leon 6v6

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Honestly, I'd like Go's Scourbunny to remain unevolved. The basic form is the best out of the three.

It's one of the rare times I'm completly ok with a pokémon staying unevolved.
I honestly wouldn't mind this. I like all 3 stages of Scorbunny's line so any form would please me tbqh

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
  • Battle Milo, Kabu, Opal, Gordie, Melony, Piers 1v1 using Gigantamax in a row (similar to Alain vs. Mega Evolution)
  • Battle Leon 6v6

Except Piers doesn't like dynamax'ing. At least in the games.

maybe switch him and Nessa since she has Giga-Drednaw

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I'm not even sure Ash will capture anything... the early tone set thus far anyway gives that impression.

I really don't think they would have go 3 years without Ash getting a capture or single team change, because if Ash and Gou aren't adding to their actual teams and having other team members then it will get boring pretty fast because then that means that all of Ash's battles will just be him using Pikachu and they wouldn't be able to do anything more then a 1vs1 unless Ash and Gou team up in a match.

Basically even if Ash doesn't get a capture as fast as some people would like they would likely give him a capture pretty soon because they need more pokemon they can use to bounce off each other more consistently.

I don’t doubt that Ash will catch something throughout this series, even if it doesn’t seem like the focus is him getting any Galar Pokémon or any Pokémon at all. Because what this show has taught me is that promotion for the games almost always rules. It’s why Ash got Dusk Lycanroc and Melmetal or why Lana got Eevee or just in general, why all the starters have been on the main cast.

So yes, while the show so far seems to be episodic, it doesn’t mean Ash can’t grab some Galar Pokémon here and there or somehow have a mostly Galar team in general (while Gou can focus on non-gen 8 Pokémon).

And if we go by the very least scenario, I feel like they wouldn’t let just Scorbunny be promoted and so at some point we’ll see the other Galar starters on the main cast and Ash probably would at least get one.

Zariful

If other Pokémon from other gens are free game, I’d like to see Ash catch a Araquanid or Rimbombee

World Turtle

I'm not even sure Ash will capture anything... the early tone set thus far anyway gives that impression.

In that case Ash better bring his Kanto-Alola Teams back because the idea of his only Pokemon through this entire series being Pikachu already sounds unappealing.

Ash's Possible Galar Team
The Usual Suspects (aside from Fire which I think is being skipped like Grass and Water were)
-the primary-
Grookey or Applin (the Grass Starter or alternate Grass type)
Sobble or Chewtle (the Water Starter or alternate Water Type)
Rookidee (the Regional Bird)
-the secondary-
Dreepy (the Gible or Goomy of the region)
Blipbug or Snom (the Bug Type)
Clobbopus or Farfetch’d (the Fighting Type)
Silicobra (the Ground Type)
-the tertiary-(the unlikely, but might be cool to see)
Zigzagoon: Dark/Normal-all of Ash's Dark types have been dual types with an anti-hero design to them (ninja, heel wrestler, delinquent). I think Obstagoon might qualify, but I'm not sure. Not helped by the fact it is Team Yell's leader's Signature Mon.
Toxel: It'd be the logical progression of Naganadel. A Poison type that can use an Electric attack to a Poison/Electric type, but well you know there is still Pikachu to consider here. Would they really go that extra step and give Ash a second Electric type?
Ponyta: If he doesn't get Blipbug it would get him a Psychic (and upon evolution)/Fairy type. Also the "Ash is a Brony" memes would be funny. Plus the Ponyta line was like the only Kanto Pokemon that Ash bonded with but did not catch so it might be a nice call back to that.

Last edited:

Domok

I wouldn’t be surprised if the reason Ash’s first catch/catches are delayed this season is purely so they can focus on Go catching things. That is Go’s entire goal, after all. It makes sense they might want to ease up on Ash capturing Pokémon so Go can be in the spotlight for a little bit.

Now, if we go 10-20 episodes without any sign of Ash capturing anything in the near future, that’s a bit more telling.

MissAngel

Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon
Regardless of what pokemon make the main cast (though I have favorites like Toxtricity or Inteleon), I hope they all have fun personalities. If Ash really does have to return to catching the regional bird, please let it have some quirks. Not as much as Rowlet, of course, but don't evolve it to Corviknight and have it suddenly be boring.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
  • Battle Leon 6v6

I do hope that we'll get to see Dande battle either Satoshi or Gou in a full battle. I was impressed by Satoshi versus Kukui-hakase at the end of SM, so I hope that we can see a battle that's just as well-written as that at the end of this series involving Dande.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MissAngel said:
Regardless of what pokemon make the main cast (though I have favorites like Toxtricity or Inteleon), I hope they all have fun personalities. If Ash really does have to return to catching the regional bird, please let it have some quirks. Not as much as Rowlet, of course, but don't evolve it to Corviknight and have it suddenly be boring.

Kokogara looks like the kind of Pokemon that might have a mischievous personality, and I think this is one of the few times where I actually hope that Satoshi captures the regional bird Pokemon since I like the Kokogara line a lot, especially Aogarasu.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
  • Battle Leon 6v6
I don't think that's gonna happen unless this gen is an extremely short one.

Status
Not open for further replies.