• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!
who you think will get a dynamax band go or ash

ShadowForce720

So by the end of episode 8 here is what Ash's and Gou's teams could possibly look like (in no particular order):
Ash's Team:
Pikachu
Piplup

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny
Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree, Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill, Paras/Parasect, Venonat/Venomoth, Scyther, or Pinsir

or

Ash's Team:
Pikachu

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny
Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree, Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill, Paras/Parasect, Venonat/Venomoth, Scyther, or Pinsir

or

Ash's Team:
Pikachu

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny
Piplup

or

Ash's Team:
Pikachu

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny
Piplup

or

Ash's Team:
Pikachu
Piplup

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny

or

Ash's Team:
Pikachu

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny
Now the reason I didn't take some other pokemon like Rookidee into account that Ash or Gou could catch is because we don't have any confirmation that those other pokemon that are being speculated on will be showing up soon. So that aside I think for the most part I've accounted for all the possibilities so far as to what Ash and Gou's teams could look like by the end of episode 8, although I guess there is a possibility that the Croagunk in episode 8 could wind up getting caught.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

since ash and go will catch Pokemon will they both rotate

Will in Ash's case it depends on if he catches more then 5 pokemon, if winds up catching more then 6 pokemon then chances are he will be actively rotating his team if he catches just 6 pokemon though then one might temporary leave or get oaked to make room for the new member, and if he winds up actively using his reserves that would also cause him to use rotation to some extant. Now in Gou's case it really depends on if he has a core team of more then 6 pokemon or not if his core team consist of just Scorbunny + 5 pokemon then he won't need to rotate, however if his team consist of Scorbunny + 6 or more pokemon then he will likely rotate his team.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You guys are giving up way too early on Ash catching anything. This happened in SM as well for some reason

Yes but at least he'd caught something already. I don't mind a drag between the first and second, but it's just freaking ridiculous keeping him with just Pikachu for this long! The AU movies are awful for a reason, we wanna see Ash with more than just Pikachu

World Turtle

Hopefully the yet to be revealed episode 7 will be Ash's turn to catch something. Heck let Ash go to the wild area and catch Rookidee and maybe even one other thing. Idk Chewtle, Blipbug, Zigzagoon... Some sort of early route capture.

ShadowForce720

So considering that the summary for episode 6 says something along the lines that Gou is going to catch all but one of the Kanto Bug type pokemon and is going to be trying to get the last Kanto Bug type pokemon he is missing, it seems possible that this last Kanto Bug type pokemon that he is missing may wind up actually become a member of his core team. So which of the Kanto Bug type pokemon do you think he will get for his actual team?

Also considering that all the other Kanto Bug type pokemon that he got are likely going to be sent to the lab the pokemon that would join his team would probably not be one that evolves into another Kanto pokemon. So considering that means that Gou's options would break down like this:

Butterfree(Bug/Flying)(Has a Gigantamax form)
Beedrill(Bug/Poison)(Has a Mega Evolution)
Parasect(Bug/Grass)
Venomoth(Bug/Poison)
Scyther(Bug/Flying)(Has a gen 2 evolution in Scizor(Bug/Steel), which has a Mega Evolution)
Pinsir(Bug)(Has a Mega Evolution and becomes a Bug/Flying type pokemon)

World Turtle

So considering that the summary for episode 6 says something along the lines that Gou is going to catch all but one of the Kanto Bug type pokemon and is going to be trying to get the last Kanto Bug type pokemon he is missing, it seems possible that this last Kanto Bug type pokemon that he is missing may wind up actually become a member of his core team. So which of the Kanto Bug type pokemon do you think he will get for his actual team?

Also considering that all the other Kanto Bug type pokemon that he got are likely going to be sent to the lab the pokemon that would join his team would probably not be one that evolves into another Kanto pokemon. So considering that means that Gou's options would break down like this:

Butterfree(Bug/Flying)(Has a Gigantamax form)
Beedrill(Bug/Poison)(Has a Mega Evolution)
Parasect(Bug/Grass)
Venomoth(Bug/Poison)
Scyther(Bug/Flying)(Has a gen 2 evolution in Scizor(Bug/Steel), which has a Mega Evolution)
Pinsir(Bug)(Has a Mega Evolution and becomes a Bug/Flying type pokemon)

I'd say Scyther. It tends to get up hyped a lot whenever it appears and it would probably be the hardest for him to catch. It can use its blades to deflect any balls Gou throws. This would be the Pokemon that would make Gou work for the capture.

MartínK

Hopefully the yet to be revealed episode 7 will be Ash's turn to catch something. Heck let Ash go to the wild area and catch Rookidee and maybe even one other thing. Idk Chewtle, Blipbug, Zigzagoon... Some sort of early route capture.

I would love to see Ash getting a Galarian Zigzagoon and evolve it into a Obstagoon but i remember that is a dark pokémon so is very unlike for Ash to catch it.

Red and Blue

I would love to see Ash getting a Galarian Zigzagoon and evolve it into a Obstagoon but i remember that is a dark pokémon so is very unlike for Ash to catch it.
I think it has less to do with it being a Dark type and more to do with Obstagoon belonging to Team Yell's leader.

World Turtle

They can just focus on its Normal-typing like they did with Scraggy's Fighting or Krookodile's Ground type. Or Greninja's Water and Incineroar's Fire.

I think it has less to do with it being a Dark type and more to do with Obstagoon belonging to Team Yell's leader.

This would be the bigger issue, but they could just keep it as Linoone till after the 7th Gym. Plus Team Yell aren't really villains but soccer hooligans. Team Skull are higher up on the evil ladder then they are.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My idea for quick Galar League:
  • Battle Milo, Kabu, Opal, Gordie, Melony, Piers 1v1 using Gigantamax in a row (similar to Alain vs. Mega Evolution)
  • Battle Nessa, Bea, Allister, Raihan 3v3/4v4
  • Battle Leon 6v6

Piers doesn't Dynamax.
I know the anime changes things but I'll be quite annoyed if they change that. It's awesome to have a character in the Pokemon universe that refuses to utilize the regional gimmick, I've always wanted that!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I wonder if another possible reason for the anime's shift in formula is because the writers want to wait as long as they can for possible Sword and Shield Sequels that will reveal the other eight Galar Gym Leaders?

4 will be in Sword and 4 in Shield.
That would be pretty genius unless it ends up crammed in a small season like BW2... oh man, I hate what they did to Colress.

Zariful

If they finally made a dark type gym leader, I think we could try to get Ash a dark type that focuses on its dark typing. Not all of the dark type moves are like evil in Japan.

Konja7

I wonder if another possible reason for the anime's shift in formula is because the writers want to wait as long as they can for possible Sword and Shield Sequels that will reveal the other eight Galar Gym Leaders?

4 will be in Sword and 4 in Shield.

I really doubt that is the reason.

I mean, the anime have "adapted" the games, but it isn't really so worried about accuracy. This adaptation is usually its own version.

Last edited:

Ash-Greninja4life

So by the end of episode 8 here is what Ash's and Gou's teams could possibly look like (in no particular order):
Ash's Team:
Pikachu
Piplup

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny

or

Ash's Team:
Pikachu

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny

or

Ash's Team:
Pikachu

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny
Piplup

or

Ash's Team:
Pikachu

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny
Piplup

or

Ash's Team:
Pikachu
Piplup

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny

or

Ash's Team:
Pikachu

Gou's Team:
Scorbunny
Now the reason I didn't take some other pokemon like Rookidee into account that Ash or Gou could catch is because we don't have any confirmation that those other pokemon that are being speculated on will be showing up soon. So that aside I think for the most part I've accounted for all the possibilities so far as to what Ash and Gou's teams could look like by the end of episode 8, although I guess there is a possibility that the Croagunk in episode 8 could wind up getting caught.

Why Piplup for Ash? Is there any reasoning behind it or is it just a Pokemon you’d like him to have? I think it unlikely considering Dawn has one and Kukui and Barry have an Emploleon. Maybe if it evolved and stayed as a Prinplup it wouldn’t be so bad because I’m not sure anyone has one atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.