1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. MegaSalamence05

MegaSalamence05 Well-Known Member

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10667036

I don't know if I can post links to official merchandise so if this gets me removed I apologize ahead of time.

But in this merchandise gathering

Pikachu
    Wooloo
    Yamper
    Alcremie
    Ditto
    Mr. Mime
    Dragonair
    Riolu
    Ho-oh
    Duraludon

2. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

The truly great thing about Dragonite is it finally means anything can happen.

He dodged and weeved Eevee for 22yrs but it could actually happen. Lucario too, and that's what makes it so exciting.

3. NeganTheSavior

NeganTheSavior Well-Known Member

My boi caught a Dragonite. Charizard's not gonna like that.

4. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why they put out a lot of Dragonair merch if Ash was going to get a fully evolved Dragonite.

Ash with Alcremie would be cool though

5. Snupiks

Snupiks Active Member

What made Eevee popular in the first place weren't evolutions, even though they are its thing.

It's the fact that it is very cute, pet like creature.

6. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Some of these Pokemon might also be Gou captures.

esquilo09 likes this.
  7. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

eliminated the obvious ones that have appeared.

Wooloo
    Alcremie
    Ditto
    Riolu
    Duraludon

I could see Go capturing the first three, hopefully Ash would get Riolu, Duraludon is the only one i'm not sure about, perhaps we'll see that dragon GL from Galar during the Leon episode with it?

8. RileyXY1

I think that Gou will get Riolu as well.

9. Almighty Zard

why because you don't want Ash to have it like other people?

it amazes me that despite Ash getting a dragonite today, people still refuse to relent on Ash getting Galar pokemon for the majority.

10. RileyXY1

Because I think that Ash will only use Kanto Pokemon.

11. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

If Ash gets Lucario, then it's full-blown marketing from here on out boys and girls. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm pointing out that Lucario basically prints money whenever it shows up

12. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Just because Ash caught a Dragonite, and used Mr.Mime and might get a Gengar doesn't mean that Ash will use only Kanto pokemon, as this series isn't just focus solely Kanto as it's focus on all regions as a whole and before this some people thought Ash would only get gen 8 pokemon so if Ash can get past gen pokemon like Dragonite then there is no reason to think that would limit him to one region, if anything it's likely he's going to get pokemon from a mixture of different regions. So it's pretty reasonable to think that Ash might get a Riolu.

Look just because the argument that Ash can only catch new gen pokemon died doesn't mean you create a new pattern or restriction and move the post, just to restrict Ash. So at this point it's most likely safe to say that both Ash and Gou are going to get pokemon from a mixture of the different regions.

esquilo09 and Zoruagible like this.
  13. Almighty Zard

just because his current pokemon are all from kanto doesn't mean he's locked in, because that's not too dissimilar from the thinking of people who only want Galar pokemon attention on Ash.

if he was to get Lucario i'd like to see Ash maybe try and build a "world" team since this series theme is traveling around the world.

Pikachu is obviously exempt from this as Ash's starter, and the jury's still out on Mr.Mime despite any logic brought to the for but I think it would be an interesting concept personally.

14. RileyXY1

I think that Lucario will become one of Gou's primary battle Pokemon.

15. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

You want him to catch his girlfriend?
    .......kinky

16. Almighty Zard

so what if Ash was to capture it, how would you feel?

17. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

I don't get the hate to ash capturing Lucario. If anything he SHOULD have caught it already. He has aura for god's sake. It makes perfect sense for him to catch it, I hope he catches it.

18. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Uh... what? Scizor will most likely be Go's battler

Lucario's literally made for Ash!

Right?
    Ash will likely start getting Galar Pokemon when he starts on his goal, I prefer the way he's catching Pokemon.... in the region they're supposed to be in. Not like May happening to stumble across a Bulbasaur in Hoenn or Iris' Gible

Much as I want Sobble I'd rather Ash catch him in Galar, not Vermillion City. We don't need another SM where Ash just happens to catch everything in his backyard, that was boring

esquilo09 and BabaVanga like this.
  19. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

I would love Ash to get Espeon but a thought occurs to me: How are they playing this exactly? Like Ash does already have Mr. Mime for Psychic (he only knows one Fairy move so he's mainly a psychic type) so he might not get Espeon though he could get Umbreon. However this really depends on how many pokemon they're planning on giving Ash.

If they're going to give him a lot... (20-30)

Mr. Mime can be the Kanto Psychic while Espeon can be the Johto Psychic type.
    Dragonite is the Kanto Dragon, Dreepy is the Galar Dragon
    Lucario is the Sinnoh Fighting type, Kubfu is the Galar Fighting type (because marketing)

Of course Mimey could also leave and return to Delia opening a spot for a new Psychic type to take his place.

I'm okay with Ash getting two teams of pokemon here: an international team that is basically the Dream Team of the fanbase (5-6) and a Galar Team (5-6).

Or maybe they'll give him a team of 18 Pokemon (Pikachu, Mimey, Dragonite, + 15 others) with each representing a different type regardless of type overlap.

2020 is looking to be a very interesting year.

esquilo09 likes this.
  20. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

Pikachu
    Ho-oh
    Mr. Mime
    Dragonair
    Yamper

Wooloo
    Alcremie
    Ditto
    Riolu
    Duraludon

The Merchandise has Dragonair because it appeared as Dragonair in the episode, and he evolved in the last minutes. Anyway:
    + Ditto: Definitely for Go, as Ditto can transform into any Pokemon and he want to capture all Pokemon. Suits perfectly.
    + Riolu: Definitely for Ash. And considering there was a Lucario in the promo poster with all the hints of future episodes, it could evolve too.

I don't find any interest in the others. Alcremie MIGHT be captured by the girl, Wooloo doesn't look like an important Pokemon, and Duraludon (although it's a Steel type that could suit Ash) doesn't convince me for either Ash or Go.