• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaRulez

So happy that Iris is coming back. I wanted Serena to return too but I can wait a while before that happens. I hope Iris will be a gym leader now. :)

Icy-Snowflake

Well, considering the bits with Leon, I guess the kids are taking a road trip with him? There were so much scenes that it doesn't seem like just a random hype opening thing.

I could this arc probably coming on Summer (japanese summer at least). Chloe kind of getting time off school and then everyone tags with Leon for a road trip. Maybe they can visit the Isle of Armor? Seems reasonable. He tells them about the place but since he is bad at directions, there'll be a lot of detours.
3 kids and the Galar's Champion are getting lost in Galar!:p But yeah, the opening clearly depicted that Leon is bad at directions; he did not understand what the map was showing and then sighed (in three scenes).

KKS-Lapras

So, I have a wild, and probably ridiculous theory on Koharu and her Eevee. This idea came to mind when I saw someone else bring up the idea of Gary Oak helping with Koharu's Eevee not being able to evolve. While I'm not sure Gary will have anything to do with Koharu and her Eevee, this did make my mind wander. I wonder if, the reason Koharu's Eevee wasn't able to or didn't want to evolve before, is the writers are saving Eevee for something down the road, perhaps a new Eeveelution that would tie into Gen 9 or a special event type thing.

ShadowForce720

So, I have a wild, and probably ridiculous theory on Koharu and her Eevee. This idea came to mind when I saw someone else bring up the idea of Gary Oak helping with Koharu's Eevee not being able to evolve. While I'm not sure Gary will have anything to do with Koharu and her Eevee, this did make my mind wander. I wonder if, the reason Koharu's Eevee wasn't able to or didn't want to evolve before, is the writers are saving Eevee for something down the road, perhaps a new Eeveelution that would tie into Gen 9 or a special event type thing.

That’s possible.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I do hope Koharu catches Yamper soon or is given his poke ball. I feel so bad for him because he clearly wants to be with Koharu all the time :(....

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Man I just Love Dracovish. I hope we get to see it in action soon. <3
But unfortunately first..... Sirfetch'd, Inteleon, Grookey, G-Ponyta, Opel, and Leon and the trio getting lost have to come before that.

FeelsBad.

Master Pikachu 11

Looks like they're keeping the current pattern of Ash only getting a new Pokemon registered to his Pokedex for whenever Goh gets at least 10 Pokemon registered to his. Goh's Arctozolt was his 70th and Ash's Dracovish was his 7th Pokemon registered to his Dex in this series. Interesting that they decided to have Goh catch Boldore just so they could have him hit 70 so Ash could get his 7th in the same episode. The only other time this happened was when Goh caught Dewgong as his 20th capture and Ash got Dragonite as his 2nd for the series. Maybe they're doing something special for their 100th captures.

Also, I can't believe that no one is pointing out that Goh was in a field FULL of wild Pokemon he didn't have and decided NOT to catch them except Boldore?!

Glad to see another old companion returning with Iris making an appearance. I wonder if Ash finding out she has a Gible means anything special for his own. Maybe we'll get a double battle with Gibles and Dragonites? Double evolution perhaps?

For Grookey, I really can't picture Ash catching it. He has too many Grass starters compared to his Fire and Water starters. I can see him wanting to catch it, but for actually catching it, it'll be going either to Goh so he has a complete set of Galar starters or Chloe so she can get something else to get her team put together.

As someone else pointed out, Ash's roster for this series each gave him a first for something:
Pikachu: first Dynamax/Gigantamax
Mimey: first Psychic and first Fairy types
Dragonite: first capture of a fully evolved pseudo
Gengar: first Ghost type
Lucario: (not yet revealed, but maybe first Mega evolution?)
G-Farfetch'd: first regional variant since the concept first came out
(Sirfetch'd: first regional evolution)
Dracovish: first fossil, first 100% Galar Pokemon

Another thing someone else pointed out: Dracovish's capture means Ash now has two Dragon types on top of him having two Fighting types. If Corviknight (as Rookidee is being hinted at) happens as Corviknight, it COULD be his first Max Raid capture (depending on how they debut it), but if Corviknight happens as Rookidee or Corvisquire, they'll represent Ash's first pure Flying type. Either way, Corviknight will mean that Ash will have two Steel types AND two Flying types. If Ash gets Toxtricity (since merch is hinting at it) it'll be his first Electric type since Pikachu as well as his first dual typed Electric Pokemon, which means he would now have two Electric types AND two Poison types. Lastly, since Ash got a Fighting type that becomes dual typed and then caught a pure Fighting type, perhaps since he got a dual typed Water Pokemon, he can get a pure Water type such as, oh I don't know... Suicune maybe? It would represent another first with it being his first Legendary, which also means he would have two Water types. If all of those things happen, he would have seven types in his roster where he would have two of each type.

Anyways, this speculation is just for fun, so don't take it too seriously.
Yes he was even next to a bunch of Wooloo that surrounded Chloe and he didn’t even bother to get one, instead for the second Galar trip he ends up catching a non Gen 8 Pokémon. Obviously he ended up getting a Gen 8 mon in Arctozolt, but I was still shocked that with a bunch of Wooloo right there, he didn’t even bother.

Man I just Love Dracovish. I hope we get to see it in action soon. <3
It is part dragon type and Iris is supposed to show up at some point so maybe we’ll get to see both Dragonite and Dracovish do something in the episode she appears in.

My hopes for how Ash’s team can be showcased in the future episodes:
- Farfetch’d learns Leaf Blade next episode
- Farfetch’d evolves to Sirfetch’d against Wikstrom
- Gengar focus (maybe learns Sludge Bomb?) against Opal maybe
- Dragonite and Dracovish spotlight when Iris shows up

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
But unfortunately first..... Sirfetch'd, Inteleon, Grookey, G-Ponyta, Opel, and Leon and the trio getting lost have to come before that.

FeelsBad.
I'm actually excited for all that stuff so this doesn't bother me as a Mr. Vish fan

The only thing that's in the way of all the good stuff is that Diglett Episode

Master Pikachu 11

given iris return i've gotta ask this.

we know she got a gible in that ova that aired after BW ended, which by now could be a Garchomp.

there is a part of me that would be slightly be annoyed by this since we know Ash has a Gible as well, but has yet to evolve the little bugger.

So i've got a question, while I don't mind up to 3 pokemon of the type being caught or used, if you had to pick between Ash getting gible and evolving it into Garchomp or capturing Dragapult, what would you rather see happen?

personally i'd prefer Gible come back and evolve so it'll no longer be a blatant promotional tool.
If I have to choose, I rather see Gible come back and fully evolve just because after we seen Ash with Ride Garchomp in Alola and then interactions with Professor Sycamore’s, I think it’s time for Ash to have his Gible come back plus it was his first ever Dragon type so I want to come back and get some development just for that alone.

diakyu

I do hope Koharu catches Yamper soon or is given his poke ball. I feel so bad for him because he clearly wants to be with Koharu all the time :(....
I feel like this has to happen at some point, especially if they want to use that Yamper to show off Boltund. Chloe already has the cutemon that will never evolve in Eevee.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
given iris return i've gotta ask this.

we know she got a gible in that ova that aired after BW ended, which by now could be a Garchomp.

there is a part of me that would be slightly be annoyed by this since we know Ash has a Gible as well, but has yet to evolve the little bugger.

So i've got a question, while I don't mind up to 3 pokemon of the type being caught or used, if you had to pick between Ash getting gible and evolving it into Garchomp or capturing Dragapult, what would you rather see happen?

personally i'd prefer Gible come back and evolve so it'll no longer be a blatant promotional tool.
As much as I'm a massive fan of Garchomp and want Ash-Garchomp to be reality, I'm actually gonna side with wanting Dragapult with Ash instead. Simply due to it being a new mon and how I often see it being able to match up to what kinda of mon they would typically have Ash own which is mainly well... marketability and versatility which Dragapult coincidentally manages to have both. Same as Garchomp, only new.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
I hope she mentions Drasna...

I suppose it wouldn't be strange if Iris idolizes her, and it might be a good way to introduce her character. Given that Dracaena wasn't shown in the Opening however, I somewhat doubt that she'd receive anything more than just a fantasy or memory cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.