• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

AsH KetcHHup

And once again the Pokemon-thread gets derailed by character-discussion.. :p

I don't get why people need to impose lovestories in this show when there (barely) are none, Serena and Kukui/Burnett are the only exceptions.
Yea. That's how I feel. Just leave a few moments and maybe a few hints and move on.

esquilo09

I also found out in yesterday's episode that Go's Mankey showed a bit of personality: When not being angry and mischievous it showed to be playful and friendly as(along with Bunnelby)it was inviting Drizzile to play with it and showed to be concerned about Drizzile, as it(again along with Bunnelby) was wondering what was wrong with the Water Lizard Pokémon.

Mythical-Moonlight

IRL Drizzile
Eh given how Pokemon "Arcs" have only been spaced apart a few episodes from each other. (Sobble meeting Inteleon was only 8 episodes ago)
I'm betting on Drizzile's next focus episode being somewhere between JN70-JN80

I also suspect Drizzile won't evolve until Ash catches another Pokemon that he can also Evolve. Almost every time Goh gets a new Evolution, Ash usually does too around that time.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

People who take Pokemon too seriously frighten me
It's not that shounen can't have a good romance, it's just everybody is ****ing terrible at it. Those who can prefer to write for shoujo and kyoani/ghibli studios since that's where you get the utmost creative liberty.

The only (shounen) manga that did romance right IMO is nanatsu no taizai.
Ooh Ill check it out someday then

BobbbidyBob

Does it really need to do anything?

It'll just be there if they ever do a heavy antagonistic plot but don't use.........Suicune.....
Maybe deliver “wisdom” or understanding? He strikes me as the pokemon whose arc is to be the quiet, sensitive, indecisive but most “wise” one.

Master Pikachu 11

I also found out in yesterday's episode that Go's Mankey showed a bit of personality: When not being angry and mischievous it showed to be playful and friendly as(along with Bunnelby)it was inviting Drizzile to play with it and showed to be concerned about Drizzile, as it(again along with Bunnelby) was wondering what was wrong with the Water Lizard Pokémon.
I took their suppose inviting to play with them as they were happy to see that it evolved just like with Poliwag and Goldeen. Anyway I really thought the episode was well done.
Eh given how Pokemon "Arcs" have only been spaced apart a few episodes from each other. (Sobble meeting Inteleon was only 8 episodes ago)
I'm betting on Drizzile's next focus episode being somewhere between JN70-JN80

I also suspect Drizzile won't evolve until Ash catches another Pokemon that he can also Evolve. Almost every time Goh gets a new Evolution, Ash usually does too around that time.
Well I hope that Pokémon is Corviknight, Ash can catch that Rookidee from the Dracovish episode as a Corvisquire.

Decidueye23

Alright. I have a question. What are some of the pokemon you think the past characters have missed out on and can have now when they re appear

I would say:
Haxorus and zweilous for Iris

Vivillon and Skrelp/Clauncher/Mudkip for Serena ( honestly i dont understand why they gave serena such few pokemon and dor some reason i always wanted her to get clauncher and Skrelp and Vivillon)

Vaporeon and Dewpider for Lana
Lurantis for Mallow ( imagine her getting a fomantis that loves chopping stuff, that would help her with cooking and the restaraunt so much!)

nickdt

Alright. I have a question. What are some of the pokemon you think the past characters have missed out on and can have now when they re appear

I would say:

Vivillon and Skrelp/Clauncher/Mudkip for Serena ( honestly i dont understand why they gave serena such few pokemon and dor some reason i always wanted her to get clauncher and Skrelp and Vivillon)

Lurantis for Mallow ( imagine her getting a fomantis that loves chopping stuff, that would help her with cooking and the restaraunt so much!)

Manectric for Clemont, Nosepass for Brock, Azumarill for Misty (At least she has Azurill now). Lilligant or Whimsicott are both elegant grass types, which would have fit right in with Cilans goal being a coinneussers (Or however you write that word). And then we have Altaria for May and Chatot for Dawn, both could have helped greatly with their contest goals. Spritzee or Swirlix for Serena would have worked.

Last edited:

Ragnarok4

カイリュー Kairyuu Master

I would say:

James : Swalott
Brock : Baby Abra -> Kadabra // Lunatone
May : Arcanine
Dawn : Bring Back Ambipom :( // Mismagius
Cilan : Chikorita -> Bayleef -> Meganium
Iris : Zweilous and Lairon
Clemont : Numel
Serena: Mawile and Mudkip (Egg)
Lillie : Ribombee
Kiawe : Magmar

Ragnarok4

カイリュー Kairyuu Master
...how is it a dumb goal? That's the goal of millions and millions of Pokémon games players, oh I see the Goh hate train is still going (and now people from toxic Bulbagarden joining here).
Ah yes, hate = criticism