• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

with the exception of Team Rocket (who like Ash leaving we'll never know when the writers will decide to take them out) we all know all other evil teams are doomed to fail in the anime, leagues are more important to a trainers growth anyway because most people don't even get involved with the evil teams, Ash only doing so because of his main character status and dragging his companions along for the ride by proxy.

You can spin it anyway you want but Greninja's form change not mattering when it really counted definitely undershoots the whole point of it (even more so given how fanfic based it was), look I get that gamefreak didn't have any gen 6 megas outside of diancie, but would it have really killed them to let Ash use one of his own? He definitely could've showcased Charizard Y better than Trevor could've, and if Sawyer had never appeared Sceptile could've worked as well (especially for ORAS promotion and him not having a grass type that gen), and it's not like I wanted Ash to abuse mega evolution either like he did with Z-moves the following region.

You know just as Pikachu should get a win against Gary since that's something that's never happened, perhaps Greninja should come back and take down Alain, maybe then it can prove that it's transformation was worth it.
So beating one single trainer was Greninja's sole purpose? Not defeating Mega Charizard X doesn't reduce all of its other feats prior to that. And I'd say stopping Lysandre was more important than winning the Kalos League since the Flare plot was the true finale of XY

Leonhart

Imagineer
Almighty Zard said:
once it evolved into Greninja I would disagree with that completely. What exactly was the payoff for the whole "Ash-Greninja" saga? It got him a badge and that was it.

His screen-time granted him many memorable battles, including arguably one of the most famous battles of the past decade. Aside from a loss here and there, his record was impressive overall. I'm not sure what more anyone could've wanted from Gekkouga in Kalos, unless people wanted him to sweep every battle in XY&Z.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I guess most water starters seemed to be very unappealing to the regular JPN base where the final form tends to be way unpopular which in turn have often likely been a factor of all the unevolved water starters with the exceptions of Greninja and Primarina which beat the expectations and have strong levels of popularity especially the former, only Squirtle and Piplup was the sole base form exception of not getting shafted despite getting shafted of evolution. Inteleon is there as well since it originally used to be the most popular Galar starter until Cinderace took over due to marketing and the anime. And then we head to Fire types, they're what I call one of the "cool" types which tend to have a very shounen feeling and portrayal, and how Fire types are portrayed as very powerful in the anime does technically or kinda validate this thought. Also tend to have way more appealing design with the exception of Emboar and Delphox. Grass is pretty much a mixed bag if you ask me.
I've also noticed that every Water Starter prior to Greninja has a very Bulky, Muscular, Tanky design and those types of designs tend to be popular with the West but rather unpopular with the Japan crowd.

On the contrary Greninja, Primarina and Inteleon were the only Final Staged Water Starters to rank higher than their pre-evos and they all have slender, less muscle, bulky designs (and anthropomorphic) designs in common

I don't know for sure but from my observation it seems like a lot of the Japanese crowd don't really seem to care for muscles? Idk but Incineroar is probably the only exception I've seen to this so far

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
His screen-time granted him many memorable battles, including arguably one of the most famous battles of the past decade. Aside from a loss here and there, his record was impressive overall. I'm not sure what more anyone could've wanted from Gekkouga in Kalos, unless people wanted him to sweep every battle in XY&Z.

what fight was that?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Era2hcFXUAAEWMg

I'm absolutely stupid regarding the red mons on the tree in this scene of the new OP, I thought those two were Ledybas until someone pointed out that they were actually two fking Applins.

Last edited:

Zoneman29

Seeing this new Opening make me thank Goh will catch that Gastrodon Dewpider Palpitoad Corphish Karrablast and Shuckle too and Chloe end up get that Garlarian Ponyta plus Ash will have Grookey and Rookidee.

ShadowForce720

Seeing this new Opening make me thank Goh will catch that Gastrodon Dewpider Palpitoad Corphish Karrablast and Shuckle too and Chloe end up get that Garlarian Ponyta plus Ash will have Grookey and Rookidee.

While I can understand the other Pokémon, I’m not sure what in the opening is making you think Ash is getting Grookey as the opening is pretty ambiguous as to who it will go to.

Now I’m not saying that Ash couldn’t get a Grookey, however there really isn’t anything that in the opening that specifically indicates which character will get Grookey.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Almighty Zard said:
what fight was that?

I was referring to his battle against Mega Lizardon X at the Kalos League. It was one of the most talked about battles in recent memory, even if it's for the wrong reasons in most cases.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
In the Future Ash should really catch in all 8 Regions

Kanto:
1.Fearow( same one who want to get back at Ash)
2.Drowzee
3.Kangaskhan( same one Pikachu knows as a Pichu)
4.Omanyte
5.Magnemite
6.Tangela

Johto:
1.Spinarak
2.Houndour
3.Girafarig
4.Murkrow
5.Elekid
6.Sneasel
7.Larvitar( same one Ash boud with)
8.Dunsparce

Hoenn:
1.Torchic
2.Munkip
3.Aron
4.Sableye
5.Spoink(same one Ash met few times)
6.Duskull
7.Meditite
8.Trapinch (Shiny)
9.Kecleon

Sinnoh:
1.Piplup
2.Burmy(male)
3.Shinx
4.Shello(West)
5.Skorupi
6.Bronzor
7.Cranidos
8.Budew

Unova:
1.Pawniard
2.Archen
3.Solosis
4.Trubbish
5.Jolkt
6.Bouffalant
7.Cubchoo
8.Maractus
9.Golett
10.Tynamo
11.Litwick
12.Deino
13.Larvesta
14.Zoura
15.Durart

Kalos:
1.Chespin
2.Fennekin
3.Greninja(returns)
4.Honedge
5.Clauncher
6.Espurr(female)
7.Skrelp
8.Bergmite
9.Trevenant
10.Klefki
11.Heliopiite

Alola:
1.Popplio
2.Sandshrew(Alola Form)
3.Oranguru
4.Grubbin
5.Geodude(Alola Form)
6.Jangmo-o
7.Drampa
8.Morelull
9.Toucannon
10.Wimpod
11.Crabrawler

Galar:
1.Grookey
2.Scorbunny(his own)
3.Sobble(his own)
4.Rookidee
5.Cufant
6.Blipbug
7.Meowth(Galarian Form)
8.Rolycoly
9.Toxel
10.Snom
11.Siliacobra
12.Sizzlipede
13.Clobbopus
14.Impidimp
15.Yamask(Galarian Form)
16.Kubfu
17.Duraludon
18.Darumaka(Galarian Form)
19.Dreepy
20.Slowpoke(Galarian Form)

No offence, but this is very ambitious.

More likely Goh will catch most of these, and while I LOVE the idea of a Swampert having a major role in the anime one day I just don't see Ash, Goh, or even Chloe getting past gen starters unless it's for an upcoming remake.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
For Ash i would like to see 3 things happen to his team
1. OG Larvitar come back in his base form so he can train it properly and gets a 3 stage pokemon

2. bring back his gible give it a quick evo to gabite and an arc given to it before Garchomp

3. while im imposed to him getting past starters or starters in general Torchic/Blaziken fits his style perfectly and i see them giving him a past starter

9 pokemon in total 4 spots to rotate seems good for this series

Decidueye23

Johto: Tyranitar, espeon
Hoenn: none
Sinnoh: None
Unova: zoroark, Volcarona
Kalos:None
Alola: None

Honestly i just want him to get more galar mons. Atleast 3 more. After that i ll be okay with anything more he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.