• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

LazySpy

OMW to set up some cameras
...how is it a dumb goal? That's the goal of millions and millions of Pokémon games players, oh I see the Goh hate train is still going (and now people from toxic Bulbagarden joining here).
Why do you keep bringing up people from Bulbagarden joining as if that's bad? Genuinely curious.

Because I think it's a good thing if the communities here and there will better understand each other.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Golden Queen

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Mudkip really need some redemption. Chespin too. Hopefully they'll get their chance at some point, wether here or on whatever comes next for this (thankfully) never ending show.

-------------------

Anyway, I've recieved my copy of the second volume of the manga based in this series. I've found funny how it "speedruns" episode/events. Like last volume ended with Scorbunny's evolution and the first chapter of the second was an adaptation of Raboot's farewell episode.

But what I really want to bring here is that it simply ignored Dragonite's and Gengar's capture episodes and just mentioned them in the passing through a panel for it. Only Riolu's capture episode got an adaption. Then, they adapt the first match with Bea and Ash has Farfetch'd already. I had to go back and check if I missed him in the montage but I didn't. I assume he probably explained it but I just flipped through the pages and didn't try to read yet.

I really wish they should had just let Machito Gomi tell some original stories between events/episodes of the show.

(By the way, the volume ends with an adaptation of Zapdos' raid episode)

Mythical-Moonlight

IRL Drizzile
Broke: Lucario/Cinderace as fast buddies
Woke: Inteleon/Cinderace as parents
Reminds me of when Inteleon/Cinderace was really big in the Japan Twitter shipping community last year. It's mostly died down now but I suspect it'll have a resurgence once Drizzile evolves

I'm a little lost. Anybody still has that Calendar picture with Goh and Ash's Pokemon which included Piplup and Absol?
Here you go! :)

Guys check this out

Anipoke Twitter account posted this!

It seems like Absol and Piplup might play bigger roles than we thought!

Otherwise it seems odd to group them in with Ash, Gou, Chloe, Leon and Raihan's Pokémon doesn't it?

Ash - Lucario, Gengar, Dragonite, Sirfetch'd, Dracovish
Gou- Cinderace, Sobble, Grookey, Scizor, Misdreavus, Skwovet
Chloe - Yamper, Eevee, G. Ponyta (?)
Leon - Charizard
Raihan - Duraludon
Morpeko - Team Rocket

So where do Absol and Piplup fit into this?

Get your Capture Speculations started!

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I think Dawn is close, I think the opening will change in the middle of the year and Dawn will appear, maybe that Piplup is hers
I certainly hope she does appear in the not too distant future. Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl is coming out by the holiday season this year and Legends Arceus, whose player characters look to be dead ringers for Lucas and Dawn, enough that there are some theories that they're either their ancestors or even Lucas and Dawn being sent to the past, so I think the animé would be foolish to not bring back Dawn in some capacity during the release window of BD/SP and Legends Arceus especially considering that she is still pretty popular.

Samurott

Alright. I have a question. What are some of the pokemon you think the past characters have missed out on and can have now when they re appear

Brock: Swampert
Misty: Kingdra
May: Ampharos, Sunflora
Dawn: Lopunny, Mawile
Iris: Haxorus, Dragalge
Cilan: Slowking, Furfrou
Serena: Pangoro, Milotic, Bellossom, Sneasel
Clemont: Eelektross
Lillie: Ninetales
Lana: Vaporeon, Mantine, Dewpider
Kiawe: Flareon
Mallow: Leafeon
Sophocles: Jolteon

Trainer Micah

Kinda made me wonder what if Dawn doesn't appear what if Goh captures both Absol and Piplup what then?
Makes me wonder..?

Also i think i'll keep a surprise on Ash's next pokemon reason eh i am thinking of a dark pokemon but it isn't Weavile or Absol so you all know..

Master Pikachu 11

Why do you keep bringing up people from Bulnagarden joining as if that's bad? Genuinely curious.

Because I think it's a good thing if the communities here and there will better understand each other.
There are some members here that have made an account over there anyway, so I agree that there is nothing wrong with those that have an account there deciding to join here.
Kinda made me wonder what if Dawn doesn't appear what if Goh captures both Absol and Piplup what then?
Makes me wonder..?

Also i think i'll keep a surprise on Ash's next pokemon reason eh i am thinking of a dark pokemon but it isn't Weavile or Absol so you all know..
rather not see Goh catch Piplup when he already has Drizzile which will eventually be Inteleon and all Piplup will do is steal Drizzile’s/ eventual Inteleon’s spotlight as he brings his starters with him during his travels to other regions more then any of his other Pokémon. Piplup would be better off on Ash’s team since he doesn’t have a starter on his team and they can finally change things up for a change and have Ash promote the remakes since he is usually the one that has promoted the new Gen games for the last few series.

Last edited:

DuskAstral

Piplup would be better off on Ash’s team

Well, it so happens not. There will be much stronger opponents in Hyper Class, so Piplup will be unnecessary for him. I think it is not for nothing that all of his traps in Journeys (so far) can no longer evolve, or only have one evolutionary form.
Piplup will be a Koharu Pokémon rather

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Brock: Swampert
Misty: Kingdra
May: Ampharos, Sunflora
Dawn: Lopunny, Mawile
Iris: Haxorus, Dragalge
Cilan: Slowking, Furfrou
Serena: Pangoro, Milotic, Bellossom, Sneasel
Clemont: Eelektross
Lillie: Ninetales
Lana: Vaporeon, Mantine, Dewpider
Kiawe: Flareon
Mallow: Leafeon
Sophocles: Jolteon

Brock: Definitely Swampert, Ninetales is a close second.
Misty: Definitely Kingdra.
May: Altaria
Dawn: Typhlosion, but I think it has a good shot of happening if she returns.
Iris: The Deino-line - that or that shiny Druddigon.
Cilan: Not sure really..
Serena: Something from Hoenn, I guess something Gen3'ish, like Milotic would've been cool.
Clemont: Honestly, that Tyrantrum.. Even if the researchfacility owned it.. :p
Lillie: Alolan Sandslash
Lana: Dewpider
Kiawe: I don't think he really missed out on anything. His team is well-rounded and there weren't any moment where I thought he was left out.
Mallow: Oranguru
Sophocles: Minior

Ash: Houndour in Johto - or shiny Phantump in Kalos.

Last edited:

Ragnarok4

カイリュー Kairyuu Master
James : Swalott
Brock : Baby Abra -> Kadabra // Lunatone
May : Arcanine
Dawn : Bring Back Ambipom :( // Mismagius
Cilan : Chikorita -> Bayleef -> Meganium
Iris : Zweilous and Lairon
Clemont : Numel
Serena: Mawile and Mudkip (Egg)
Lillie : Ribombee