• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
ı wonder Will Chole join ash and goh full time? Or stay just supporting charecter
I think the former. Now that she has started taking interest in Pokémon, and I think the new OP somehow confirmed that she will be joining the Main cast.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
ı wonder Will Chole join ash and goh full time? Or stay just supporting charecter

I'd rather she doesn't join the main cast. Currently we have two morons and one character. I don't see the benefit of making the only character a moron.

But the opening is pointing towards her joining the group. So I'll just have to be severely disappointed when the time comes.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Wonder when the next Alolan trip will be? I still want to see Go try and catch the Ultra Beasts

I do hope that he catches an ultra beast, though I wonder which ones the writers would actually consider him having given their natures? Probably something like Kartana or Stackataka.

He definitely needs more Alola and Sinnoh pokemon , as they are his most underrepresented regions.

Kanto pokemon still make up 1/2 of his total captures. Not to mention it looks like he may catch Diglett and Geodude in the upcoming episodes.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Iris was following Rayquazza, and if she didn't know about the Hoenn region at the time I think she found out about it after seeing the large dragon.

Have you ever tried following a bird? No? Just saying that she will have lost track of it sooner rather then later and to reach Hoenn you'd also need to get on a boat at some point, by which time she would've definitely lost sight of it. Unless she hopped on Dragonite and flew after it - in which case she probably would've caught up before even leaving Johto.

So no. Still isn't likely that she went to Hoenn. That's just fancanon. The likely conclusion is that she lost sight of Rayquaza rather quickly and that's it. If she'd ask native Johto citizens about a large dragon, they'd likely send her to the Whirl Islands, because they believed Lugia was a dragon. And if THAT wasn't the case, the more likely direction they'd point her to would be the Sinjoh Ruins, because that's also a place where there's a legend featuring big dragons as well that they might've heard about.

Impidimp as a species doesn't seem like the kind of Pokémon I can see Ash ever catching.

Okay, okay, explain why. And explain why he wouldn't capture an Impidimp, but has caught a Gengar this series.

Well he did buy a huge park to make it his lab so he must be quite rich

He probably has Kanto government subsidizing his researchprogram.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I could totally see Ash capturing an Impidimp, but I wouldn't want it to become a Grimmsnarl. I like Morgrem, but I find Grimmsnarl just absolutely awful to look at, it's heckin' ugly..

DuskAstral

Now that she has started taking interest in Pokémon, and I think the new OP somehow confirmed that she will be joining the Main cast.
In my opinion, the opening does not indicate anything. Even if being a schoolgirl doesn't exclude her from being the main character, how do you explain that she's not in the preview for the next episode?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I could totally see Ash capturing an Impidimp, but I wouldn't want it to become a Grimmsnarl. I like Morgrem, but I find Grimmsnarl just absolutely awful to look at, it's heckin' ugly..

I was going to make a 'yo' momma'-joke, but I'm going to pass.. :p

Ash has caught ugly pokémon before. It isn't as if Glalie is mommy's most beautiful creation ever..

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Cameos are highly overrated. Are you seriously okay with your favorite character returning for 23 minutes out of which 15 minutes are wasted on a battle to make the new eye candy look good? it's quite honestly very humiliating.
If they dont change their look like they did with Misty and Brock, I will be ok with it.
Misty, Ash and Brock are like Yu gi Ho monsters that went into Pegasus toon world

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Glalie is the “cool” type of ugly. Dracovish is the “oh my lord, kill that with fire” type of ugly. And grimmsnarl looks “a thing that emerges from the bottom of hell” type of ugly. Even a banette is cutesy by comparison.

I’d say even the anime staff have standards, but I’m ready to stand corrected.

Last edited:

DuskAstral

Neither was Ash in JN32. Not being in the preview doesn't mean they can't be the main character.
He wasn't there because it was a flashback episode, so those don't count. In my opinion, if Koharu will not go on every trip with the boys from now on, then her status as a supporting character has not changed.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
He wasn't there because it was a flashback episode, so those don't count. In my opinion, if Koharu will not go on every trip with the boys from now on, then her status as a supporting character has not changed.
That means there's no reason for Goh to be in Ash's flashback episodes.
And talking of Chloe she is literally traveling with the boys in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.