• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Ignition

Advocate for Froggy Chair Supremacy
Not just returning Infernape is battling moltres
This man just loves fighting the legendary birds: Articuno with Noland, Zapdos/Moltres in XY, and now Moltres again. Infernape’s the GOAT

Sarefan

Hylden General.
So do i, but i take a Glalie appearance at this point, especially since it was done dirty in both the Battle Frontier and the Sinnoh league.
Same here. I really like Glalie as a Pokémon for some reason. Also one of Ash's more unique Pokémon imho. Even a small cameo and him Ice Beaming Ash will make me a happy man.

Really wanted to use a Glalie back in RSE, but I already had a pretty stacked team and it was too late in the journey to add him in.

KenzeyEevee

RIP Kurama
Ugh Satoshi has fought the birds more than enough. Noivern with Zapdos, Talonflame with Moltres, Articuno with Charizard, together with Gou and Trio Zapdos and now Moltres with Infernape.

KenzeyEevee

RIP Kurama
You know I wish Satoshi got more attention in the pokemon world itself. Guy has stopped countless crisises,fought in many leagues

nickdt

So far
Lugia
Zacian and Zamazenta
Eternatus
Moltres
Zapdos
Ho-Oh
Urshifu

The legendaries in this series.

Edit: Damnnit, forgot Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It seems like the PV's shown all of the pokemon Ash left with Prof. Oak except Kingler, Muk, Tauros, Noctowl, Swellow, Sceptile, Torkoal, Glalie, Staraptor, Torterra, Gliscor, Gible, Unfezant, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, & Boldore.

While I'm hoping we'll see all of them, I'm not sure if drawing all of those pokemon would bee too much for the animators. Either way, I'm just glad they're coming back at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

nickdt

It seems like the PV's shown all of the pokemon Ash left with Prof. Oak except Kingler, Muk, Tauros, Noctowl, Swellow, Sceptile, Torkoal, Glalie, Staraptor, Torterra, Gliscor, Gible, Unfezant, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, & Boldore.

While I'm hoping we'll see all of them, I'm not sure if drawing all of those pokemon would bee too much for the animators. Either way, I'm just glad they're coming back at all.

Lol.

Whats so hard in drawing an Ice Face. Or a Snake with legs. Or a Bull, which we already got in this series (Same with Boldore).

Last edited by a moderator:

Panky..

Nobody
Our boi Infernape bout to remind us he's the original Greninja lol
Don't even compare Infernape to Greninja. The only thing Greninja has going for it is the Battle Bond gimmick, an anime only thing that they gave it because they didn't want to bother with giving Ash a Mega Evolution in an attempt to keep his team strictly Gen 6. Hell, it was completely devoid of any personality and characterestics upon reaching the final evolution. Infernape on the other hand is a far more wholesome and developed character with a proper story arc and conclusion.

Ragnarok4

Showcases Lover ~ Dragonite Trainer
Don't even compare Infernape to Greninja. The only thing Greninja has going for it is the Battle Bond gimmick, an anime only thing that they gave it because they didn't want to bother with giving Ash a Mega Evolution in an attempt to keep his team strictly Gen 6. Hell, it was completely devoid of any personality and characterestics upon reaching the final evolution. Infernape on the other hand is a far more wholesome and developed character with a proper story arc and conclusion.
Oh no, Infernape stans comparing that Pokemon with Greninja for 628939363838 time

Joltik-Kid

Simply Fantastic ಠ_ಠ
We've got too much Charizard already with Leon... Ash's doesn't need to remind us for the umpteenth time that it's one of his Top 6 Pokemon lol