• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
If she catches a Weavile, she will permanently lock it inside the Pokéball due that she doesn't battle much.
But we still don't know what her dream is. May she can become a battler in the future.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Am I the only one who's not excited for Sinnoh Remakes?
I'm not ready for another "BRING BACK THE NATIONAL DEX!" controversy :confused:

Anyways I think Lucario is enough Sinnoh representation for Ash anyways.

Goh can catch whatever idc.

I do think Chloe should catch a Buneary tho.
It's cute and it fits her quite well imo.
As shown by Buneary's Pokedex Entry, Buneary is the only Non-Legendary Pokémon who's Friendship meter starts at ZERO. And you have to build up trust with it.

It reminds me of Chloe herself who was cold towards Pokémon at first but grew to love them overtime.
Plus Chloe with a Buneary/Lopunny could also make a nice counterpart to Goh's Cinderace

Now I know Dawn's Buneary didn't follow that description but they are following Pokedex Entry a little more closely in this series. So maybe it could work?.

What do you guys think?

BlazingAsh

As shown by Buneary's Pokedex Entry, Buneary is the only Non-Legendary Pokémon who's Friendship meter starts at ZERO. And you have to build up trust with it.

It reminds me of Chloe herself who was cold towards Pokémon at first but grew to love them overtime.
Plus Chloe with a Buneary/Lopunny could also make a nice counterpart to Goh's Cinderace

Now I know Dawn's Buneary didn't follow that description but they are following Pokedex Entry a little more closely in this series. So maybe it could work?.

What do you guys think?
Given how many less Pokemon Ash's previous companions have been getting, I won't be surprised if G Ponyta is her last capture this series. Even if it's not, I don't see her catching more than 1 more Pokemon.

BlazingAsh

I'd pick Appletun for Ash and Flapple for Go. He can work with slow bulky Pokemon as shown with Melmetal and Snorlax
Ash represents Sword, that's why he got G Farfetchd. So if anything, his Applin would evolve into Flapple. Anyway I'd rather see Goh catch the whole line.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

What do you guys think?
Eh I might dump 1 more Sinnoh mon for extra promotion unless they decide to bring back something like Gible for the obvious :p

:>

ShadowForce720

So most of us are in the boat that Dracovish is not the last capture for Ash. But do we think he'll get a pokemon from every region?

It’s possible, although it’s hard to say although I do think it’s to early to rule out Ash getting more past gen captures just because he got two Galar captures back to back in terms of capture order wise especially when we’re not even half way through the series yet.

Also if we do get DP remakes then I don’t think Ash catching another Sinnoh Pokémon would be that unlikely, now I’m not saying that he will definitely get another capture from Sinnoh but I don’t think it’s unlikely as some people are trying to make it out to be.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit

What do you guys think?

Lopunny is one of the poster children of 'feminine' pokemon, though it could lead to funny interactions with Cinderace, in which case I wouldn't really mind.

If DP remakes do happen then I wonder what role Eternatus will play? They didn't resolve that situation and even teased future conflicts. Not to mention the RS remakes adopted gen 6 megas to remain consistent in the gen as a whole, so maybe Eternatus plays a role in the Sinnoh remakes which is how they get access to Dynamax.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

What do you guys think?
i don’t think there’s going to be as much controversy unless the remakes omit something as crucial to the region like ORAS’s lack of a Battle Frontier. Even if there is (there’s been one for almost every game since Gen 5), I’m most likely going to enjoy it because Platinum is my favorite game of all time and I’m easily pleased. I didn’t care for either side of Dexit and won’t care about this hypothetical/inevitable controversy. Just don’t bring Dynamax to Sinnoh please

As for Sinnoh representation:
Ash: Bring back Gible to evolve, get him a Piplup (would be yet another Water and Steel Type though), and just bring back his best team
Go: Don’t care either way honestly. Could see him doing Honey Trees to tie in both the Isle of Armor and Sinnoh so Pokémon like Vespiquen and Munchlax. Or Arceus idk
Koharu: Froslass ig? I’d be fine with anything though I hope she gets something that’s her equivalent of Dawn’s Mamoswine or Misty’s Gyarados

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
i don’t think there’s going to be as much controversy unless the remakes omit something as crucial to the region like ORAS’s lack of a Battle Frontier. Even if there is (there’s been one for almost every game since Gen 5), I’m most likely going to enjoy it because Platinum is my favorite game of all time and I’m easily pleased. I didn’t care for either side of Dexit and won’t care about this hypothetical/inevitable controversy. Just don’t bring Dynamax to Sinnoh please
Ye I'm inclined to agree, and Platinum happens to be my personal favorite as well and will always be such. Looking forward to the DP remakes, bs like dexit are just minor and aren't worth attention. If remakes have Dynamax incorporated in them and they exclude a certain something on the other hand tho.....

Oh and it'd be greatly appreciated if they did something with the 3 Sinnoh Mythicals and Giratina in the remakes.

Mew29240

What do you guys think?

Agree on Ash not catching anything new from Sinnoh. I'd either want them to bring back his Sinnoh reserves or do a Lucario-related plot with Riley if they want to give Ash something to do tying into the Sinnoh remakes.

I really dig the idea of Chloe catching Buneary because of the 0 friendship bit! I can see them pulling it off by making it a bit cold (with hints of warming up to certain people/Pokemon) to contast Dawn's Buneary like they did with Ash & Iris's Dragonite.

How about a Gallade for Chloe (ignoring that a PWC trainer already has one)? Gardevoir got plenty of attention already but we haven't seen Gallade all that much. They missed the boat to give it relevance with Wally not showing up in XY, so Chloe getting it gives it a chance to shine.
(Also it'd be funny if she catches it as a Ralts/Kirlia and later subvert people's expectations of a Gardevoir by evolving into a Gallade).

DuskAstral

If DP remakes do happen then I wonder what role Eternatus will play? They didn't resolve that situation and even teased future conflicts. Not to mention the RS remakes adopted gen 6 megas to remain consistent in the gen as a whole, so maybe Eternatus plays a role in the Sinnoh remakes which is how they get access to Dynamax.
I don't think Eternatus has anything to do with Sinnoh since he's from Galar. Even in the remakes of the 3 genes, there were no Pokémon from other generations.
Anyway, I don't want Dymax and Kyodaimax to be used in other regions, as the Galar will then lose its uniqueness. (not to mention that there would be a slight inconsistency since they were said to only operate in Galar.)

Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11

As for Sinnoh representation:
Ash: Bring back Gible to evolve, get him a Piplup (would be yet another Water and Steel Type though), and just bring back his best team
Go: Don’t care either way honestly. Could see him doing Honey Trees to tie in both the Isle of Armor and Sinnoh so Pokémon like Vespiquen and Munchlax. Or Arceus idk
Koharu: Froslass ig? I’d be fine with anything though I hope she gets something that’s her equivalent of Dawn’s Mamoswine or Misty’s Gyarados
I would rather they skip Piplup and have him catch it as a Prinplup just so it will be easier to evolve it into Empoleon as I don’t want the situation where it’s another Rowlet and the writers decide to not evolve it because of marketing. I really hope Gible comes back to fully evolve regardless. But yeah if Ash is going to get a second Sinnoh mon then I hope it is Empoleon.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Just don’t bring Dynamax to Sinnoh please

if we do get DP remakes i'm hoping they just go back to mega's and z-moves at least so the games have something. Perhaps finally give us some more on both accounts.

And they could easily allow combat between the games but omit the gimmicks if say sword/shield was used against a DP remake game, kind of like how certain megas in ORAS couldn't be used in combat with X/Y because their data wasn't included.

I agree though dynamaxing should stay away, and the only place they could really put it would be to retool the survival area, but it's not accessable until post game, and if they wanted to continue the current gimmick they would probably want to have accessable earlier on.

Granted they could use the underground, but if that was to come back i'd rather it get some enhancements but stay as it was for the most part.

As for Sinnoh representation:Ash: Bring back Gible to evolve, get him a Piplup (would be yet another Water and Steel Type though), and just bring back his best team

Aside from Glaceon and Heatran, there's not really much else i'm seeing as captures for Ash from sinnoh.

I mean if he got an empoleon it'd be neat, but i'm not really seeing it at this point (i know it's not impossible but i would've rathered he "liberated" the piplup who swam all the way to Kanto due to it's trainer being irresponsible), and if he did get one i'd rather he just get it fully evolved, though imo i'd rather they just let Buizel come back with and evolve alongside Gible.

Status
Not open for further replies.