• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Remember: Eevee Taxi>Showcases & Best Girl Dawn <3
Well if it's one episode (ash and Goh go to pallet town, meet oak and learn about project mew and Infernape missing, search for Infernape while meeting reserves (really hope we see them all even for a brief moment), meet with infernape and Gary and battle moltres and then set out for CT) then I'd probably not hold my breath for a Tracey appearance (hope we get a mention) or a Gary Vs ash battle. Just hope we atleast see all the reserves

Master Pikachu 11

Ok here is my predictions based on the trailer. Yes we see Ash’s reserves, but I don’t think all of them will be used. I think the guy with the Urshifu is going to be the reason that Ash and Goh go to IOA and I believe that Ash will catch Kubfu and evolve it to Rapid Strike Urshifu. I also still see Ash catching more pokemon because the writers still like giving Ash some new pokemon to work with. Now with Infernape, I think Ash bringing it back and showcasing it helps my case that I have been making in that Ash will be the one to promote the DP remakes. So since the writers like to make both Ash and Goh to be mirrors of each other like team wise, such as Flygon for Goh, Dragonite for Ash, Kanto Farfetch’d for Goh and G Farfetch’d for Ash; I believe that the Piplup that we have seen in merchandise has a chance to be captured by Ash to mirror Goh’s Galar starters because if he is using Infernape and I assume Torterra will be used as well then it makes sense for Ash to complete the Sinnoh starter set and have him capture Piplup.
If they do that then I'm going to become skeptical of Ash catching anything, especially considering that they are going to bring back his reserves.
we don’t know if he is going to use all of them considering, he hasn’t used his Alola team yet either. I think we may just see him use some of his DP team for promotion. But let’s not start jumping to conclusions just because he is using Infernape.

Morax

loli zombie
You don't seem to understand what your proposing in the first place... if Goku in base can't defeat an enemy, but Super Saiyan can, how is that not the transformations power?
The super saiyan transformation is only just a symbol of goku's hidden potential, it's something inherent to him. Similarly ash-greninja is greninja's true strength unleashed and given form. Basically you're opening the lid and letting the demon out if that makes sense.

Joltik-Kid

Simply Fantastic ಠ_ಠ
-Okay, it is not Type Advantage as such, my mistake, but at least it had an advantage
Okay that makes a little more sense. I mean Alain's Charizard had like only one effective move at the time in Dragon Claw.
-I don't know how strong that Gyarados is in the first place, that's why I didn't take it into account
Strong enough to make an E4 Pokemon struggle. Heck, it took Mega Chrizard X, Ash-Greninja, and Pikachu to finally take it down.
-HIppowdown vs Torterra? It's a joke?
Hippowdon literally crushes him, although the poor turtle at least held out longer than Infernape ever did, I only remember a vague leaf storm after a tip from Bertha, lol
I'm looking for clarification as to what makes Greninja an E4 Pokemon. It didn't defeat any so I assumed you were talking about being able to hang with one. I figured if damaging an E4 Pokemon was all it took, than the most outlandish might actually be Buizel vs Lucian's Bronzong.
"Ash" (in case Nickit has trouble differentiating it) Greninja is stronger than Infernape man, Just accept it
Ash-Greninja is indeed strong, probably stronger than Infernape... but the feats aren't entirely there to back it up. However, I'm keeping the open mind here.

Power Up

There's light at the end of the tunnel
This aged poorly lmao
Never liked being wrong this much before

Edit; Pretty obvious to me that AG is Ash's strongest mon besides Peakachu. Should have expected this reaction though lmao. It's been a while since I've seen nickdt go on rants about how AG doesn't exist as a Pokemon and his feats don't count

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Simply Fantastic ಠ_ಠ
The super saiyan transformation is only just a symbol of goku's hidden potential, it's something inherent to him. Similarly ash-greninja is greninja's true strength unleashed and given form. Basically you're opening the lid and letting the demon out if that makes sense.
I see what your going for... but the fact of the matter is Base Goku is an entirely different level of power from any one of his transformations. If someone beats him in base, it's not all to impressive as he's got more levels of power in reserve. If some beats him out of, let's say Super Saiyan Blue... Base Goku is F'd because he can't contend at that level.

That's what Nickt is trying to express here. Greninja, as a whole, is powerful sure, but it's only his Ash-Greninja form that reaches that level of power. If Greninja is losing, he can transform... if Ash-Greninja is losing, welp that's it for him.

TL;DR
Base Greninja isn't at the level Ash-Greninja is

Master Pikachu 11

Man I so hyped but part of me was gutted not to see Bulbasaur, I had hope he’d appear but then there was slight fear of what if he didn’t, what if he was off helping Tracey with a project or something......and then I looked closer and there he was, hugging Ash, right where he belongs.

now I just need Torterra to get some redemption and possibly Totodile evolve and then I’m satisfied. Oh and a Dawn arc later on this year where she becomes Top coordinator but hey that’s for a different thread!
Bulbasaur is there he is hugging Ash when we see the rest of the pokemon look behind Pikachu when we see Snorlax and Charizard and you will see him

Joltik-Kid

Simply Fantastic ಠ_ಠ
Bulbasaur is there he is hugging Ash when we see the rest of the pokemon look behind Pikachu when we see Snorlax and Charizard and you will see him
Bulbasaur remains the only Pokemon, other than Pikachu, to make an appearance through most of the regions (Damn you Kalos and you negligence for continuity)

janejane6178

Never liked being wrong this much before

Edit; Pretty obvious to me that AG is Ash's strongest mon besides Peakachu. Should have expected this reaction though lmao. It's been a while since I've seen nickdt go on rants about how AG doesn't exist as a Pokemon and his feats don't count lmao
I want Greninja back next. I want this power house in action again.

I’m so excited to see the reserves again! I’m hoping/guessing Ash ranks up after his match with Iris and in this class, he’ll use more reserves. Hopefully we’ll see more reserves that have more room to grow/evolve.

I think we can see the Alola Pokémon back since Incineroar should finally have a post-evolution battle, Rowlet helps showcase Legends, and Melmetal could potentially showcase its G-Max form.

Of course, there’s also the Sinnoh team to reflect on BDSP. We’re already seeing Infernape, maybe we can see Torterra get some winning matches and/or Gible evolving. And on a Legends note, we could see comebacks for Oshawott and Quilava. So much potential. I hope Ash’s Journeys team has a chance to meet his reserves.

KirliaToon50

Snivy.... SNIVY, SNIVY!
I know that's not gonna happen but... when can the Generation 9 of Pokemon happen in both game and Anime, if so, who is gonna be the protagonist of Pokemon Generation 9 Anime then?

janejane6178

I’m so excited to see the reserves again! I’m hoping/guessing Ash ranks up after his match with Iris and in this class, he’ll use more reserves. Hopefully we’ll see more reserves that have more room to grow/evolve.

I think we can see the Alola Pokémon back since Incineroar should finally have a post-evolution battle, Rowlet helps showcase Legends, and Melmetal could potentially showcase its G-Max form.

Of course, there’s also the Sinnoh team to reflect on BDSP. We’re already seeing Infernape, maybe we can see Torterra get some winning matches and/or Gible evolving. And on a Legends note, we could see comebacks for Oshawott and Quilava. So much potential. I hope Ash’s Journeys team has a chance to meet his reserves.
Before his current Pokemon team meet the reserves, they need to meet one another... :)