• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
At the end of the day though all opinions are subjective, and we can't change what the show is doing or has done, if you don't like it that's fine, that's your opinion and I respect it, but I would like in turn it if you respected mine in that I like the show currently, despite it's flaws.
That’s fine as long as you don’t feel the need to remind me on every post that you’re liking the show for breaking patterns and let me have my gripes with the show.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kawaii Emolga said:
I would prefer Archen, so she can have her own bird pokémon that sits on her shoulder (like Go's pidgey and the Pidove)

It seems cute enough to be on her team without it seeming out of place, in any case. Also if it means that Satoshi won't get it, then I'm all for Koharu catching it.

dman_dustin

I’ve heard your thing about liking broken trends countless times and I still don’t get it. I like when it’s just the new Pokémon being featured instead of the same popular Pokémon. To me there’s nothing interesting about him using Pokémon multiple Trainers have showcased. I’m more so watching for the Pokémon than the human characters so while I like Ash as a character, my priority is the Pokémon over anything else. This season has its moments but it’s mostly wasted potential IMO

I strongly disagree here for a few reasons.

1. Even if Ash showcases said Pokemon, it'll just show up later with another trainer making its tenure with Ash pointless and meaningless.

2. I'm really not happy with Ash's Galar Pokemon existing but it highlights the obvious problem as to why I disagree with the opposite side of the spectrum from the 1st point. Other (subjectively better) Pokemon end up with trainers and we're stuck with the potential stupid crop of choices plastered on Ash's team, which is made worse potentially if it doesn't evolve. So Ash getting Pokemon he should've or would've preferred to get is more than okay because of personal preferences.

The real problem is simple and its something the writers will never figure out or handle properly, giving Ash's Pokemon good focus and great battles, as they rely on bias towards Pikachu or main pokemon of the generation, and even if its more balanced someone is getting screwed.

So in context with gym battles vs Pokemon world championships, the latter should be better because its more than just 8 battles but at the same time gym battles are better because their more plot directed since PWCs are more scattered points leading to Leon.

But that PWCs would be better if they just allowed Ash to use his Pokemon.

I don't know if this is a budget issue, VA issue or animation issue but eomething needs to make it better. Otherwise even if we had gyms something would still suck about the series.

Morax

King of heroes
How are you supposed to go from there without “regressing” like with DP to BW
Just off the top of my head :
1) remove side characters and focus only on ash and his competition
2) give his rivals some development like the ME specials
3) give ash a rather personal reason to participate and make the plot thicker( winning for the sake of winning is blatant plot armor which i found abundant in alola )
4) increase the stakes ( take notes from Tournament of power in DBS )
Of course it can't be done without shaking things up. You can't eat your cake and have it too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I personally don't really care for Rinto, and I was mildly surprised that people in the recent episode thread really enjoyed his character. He seems like a better potential rival than some of the other options I suppose, but I can't help but feel that he's a pretty average character in terms of aesthetics, although I do like his Erureido.

Red and Blue

I personally don't really care for Rinto, and I was mildly surprised that people in the recent episode thread really enjoyed his character. He seems like a better potential rival than some of the other options I suppose, but I can't help but feel that he's a pretty average character in terms of aesthetics, although I do like his Erureido.
Personally for me his big appeal is his design. Which is my favorite one out of the PWC trainers

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Eh pity Impidimp is likely one of the last things that they'll prob give to Ash. And pity we won't know what capture 6 will be until months later :p

Decidueye23

Personally i dont mind the PWC ranks being skipped. In a series we usually get 8 gym battles.
So
1) with Visquez
2) with Korrina
3) with Bea and the Rematch as well
we are in the 50s or so, so we ll get another major one soon. usually this is when they do the 4th and 5th gyms i suppose.

Is Satoshi even gonna use Dracofish???

its been one episode since its capture. Just now his Kamoooon is getting its focus. Dracovish will soon follow fret not.

Status
Not open for further replies.