• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Master Pikachu 11

Hey correct me if I’m wrong but is that a new song playing in the new preview? Are we getting a new opening? I mean the current one does still show Farfetch’d and Sobble as opposed to Sirfetch’d and drizzile.

Anyways would be cool.

And where are we all now on the boys getting Kubfus?
I am still thinking that Ash and Goh could still get Kubfu as I don’t think these COTD that I feel will only be relevant for this arc only, will prevent them from getting it. Since they can have them go back to CT and go to IOA in a future episode when the focus is about Kubfu. Right now this arc is about finding Mew.

ChampioN One

Lonely!

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Regarding the preview my take:
Ok so ash old pokemons are seen so i dont want a cameo for one episode he should use some if his old pokemon.

Iris and Gary are returning where iris is a champion and Gary it seems it is still a researcher

I think now iris is a champion now it will be a great battle with ash and dracovish going to get use we will be able to see it's other moves as well

I like the fact that ash is commanding it's infernape to battle moltres and yes I don't want goh nearby it either let it go or give ash that moltres if you want to break the trend then why not break it with ash by giving him his first legendary pokemon

The two new characters which one has a one form of urshifu so what does it mean if ash and goh will get the kubfu to showcase both the forms of urshifu what form of urshifu does ash will get I wonder

So regarding the project mew I dont know what it is but I don't want this newbie trainer to catch mew even red who was the most powerful trainer was not able to catch mew how this newbie goh can catch mew let it be free and I will be okay if he never catches mew if he just bonds with it then it is okay if he ever throw a pokeball at mew and catch then this will be one of the worst episodes and for me it will be one of the most worst character of all time I am going to get really pissed

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Liked the idea that someone said that Infernape has run away from the lab because it senses Moltres’ energy at victory road! That would be cool, then it would be awesome if they bump into Gary there too who is there because of rumours of a disturbance there, so as a researcher he goes to investigate but only heard the rumours because he has been appointed Viridian City gym leader and that’s the nearest city.

nickdt

another question what made infernape go missing at oak's lab

We don't know yet. However, the thing KingMinun says is kinda interesting (Although then you get the question: Why Infernape. Doesn't Talonflame make more sense, considering it actually fought a Moltres).

desdar300

We don't know yet. However, the thing KingMinun says is kinda interesting (Although then you get the question: Why Infernape. Doesn't Talonflame make more sense, considering it actually fought a Moltres).
I think it's there because it's been a while since we've seen it and of course it's generation is being celebrated.
I also think it's kind of cool to see it take on a legendary Pokemon

Decidueye23

I think it's there because it's been a while since we've seen it and of course it's generation is being celebrated.
I also think it's kind of cool to see it take on a legendary Pokemon
Yep considering charizard has a W against articuno, pika has against regice And tapu Koko, and sceptile against darkrai, its about time Ash's best mon gets a W against a legend too.

Ryker101

I’m glad that neither Ash or Goh are getting Kubfu here. Ash already has 2 fighting types and surely I don’t have to explain why Goh shouldn’t lol. Though it would’ve been better to gave them to Mustard rather than OCs.

nickdt

I’m glad that neither Ash or Goh are getting Kubfu here. Ash already has 2 fighting types and surely I don’t have to explain why Goh shouldn’t lol. Though it would’ve been better to gave them to Mustard rather than OCs.

Mustard and Peony would both have been fine tbh.

I am even concerned both won't even be a thing in this series.

dman_dustin

Hey correct me if I’m wrong but is that a new song playing in the new preview? Are we getting a new opening? I mean the current one does still show Farfetch’d and Sobble as opposed to Sirfetch’d and drizzile.

Anyways would be cool.

And where are we all now on the boys getting Kubfus?
Sirfetch'd and Drizzle are in the very beginning with the goal section even if not in the opening proper.

But yeah I expect a new opening with project mew.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Not to mention that if ash does end up bringing along Infernape then he has 3 fighting types

dman_dustin

Not to mention that if ash does end up bringing along Infernape then he has 3 fighting types

Unlike other people, typings of reserves are irrelevant to the debate. For one thing Ash already owns them, therefore they are automatically excluded here.

Whst's important to the debate is NEW captures.

For example Ash evolving Gible into Garchomp.....yes its a dragon type but I'm not going to be as bothered by it than say Dragapult or even Latias and does Ash need 3 dragon types?

Ash's Gible isn't relevant because the point is Ash catching new Pokemon. It's stupid for Ash to have 3 NEW fighting types while throwing other types under the bus and proves lack of variety, it's why I dislike Sirfetch'd because it was caught right after Riolu needlessly and was the same exact type, but what the other 17 types, why can't Ash get one of them?

Ash's reserves don't count because he already owns them and is allowed to use them if he wants, and if Gible is forced to count as 3 dragon types then all of Ash's reserves count and thus he has access to all types at that point, except Psychic and fairy which Mr. Mime barely counts.

Its why I don't count Charizard as a 2nd fire type in best wishes. Oshawott, Palpitoad.....Snivy, Leavanny.......Pignite, ????. Those were all new concurrent Pokemon, Charizard doesn't count with Pignite because Ash already had it.

However I will point out this is just personal opinion, the staff might have noticed Ash didn't have a 2nd fire type and found that troubling hence bringing back Charizard, I will acknowledge that as a possibility but I disagree with that reasoning because what I already said. In other words Charizard is not the same as hypothetical Chandelure would have been.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Unlike other people, typings of reserves are irrelevant to the debate. For one thing Ash already owns them, therefore they are automatically excluded here.

Whst's important to the debate is NEW captures.

For example Ash evolving Gible into Garchomp.....yes its a dragon type but I'm not going to be as bothered by it than say Dragapult or even Latias and does Ash need 3 dragon types?

Ash's Gible isn't relevant because the point is Ash catching new Pokemon. It's stupid for Ash to have 3 NEW fighting types while throwing other types under the bus and proves lack of variety, it's why I dislike Sirfetch'd because it was caught right after Riolu needlessly and was the same exact type, but what the other 17 types, why can't Ash get one of them?

Ash's reserves don't count because he already owns them and is allowed to use them if he wants, and if Gible is forced to count as 3 dragon types then all of Ash's reserves count and thus he has access to all types at that point, except Psychic and fairy which Mr. Mime barely counts.

Its why I don't count Charizard as a 2nd fire type in best wishes. Oshawott, Palpitoad.....Snivy, Leavanny.......Pignite, ????. Those were all new concurrent Pokemon, Charizard doesn't count with Pignite because Ash already had it.

However I will point out this is just personal opinion, the staff might have noticed Ash didn't have a 2nd fire type and found that troubling hence bringing back Charizard, I will acknowledge that as a possibility but I disagree with that reasoning because what I already said. In other words Charizard is not the same as hypothetical Chandelure would have been.
Yeah I’m in a “the more the merrier” mindset. Let him catch and bring back a lot, even if types overlap.

besides, it still won’t be as bad as his Kalos team’s weakness to electric and ice lol

AsH KetcHHup

WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS MEW ARC. I SAW THE TRAILER AND IT LOOKS SOO GOOD!

Ash's infernape is going to beat the crap out of the legendary bird.
Garry returning during the arc.
IOA not happening due to Urshifu appearing outside of it? Apparently, it is CT?