• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Tbh I have honestly stopped caring about Hop, Bede and Marnie debuting long ago.

Well Marnie is the only one whose character hasn't been completely assassinated by the anime so far, though team yell will be far less prevalent if they ever show up. Right now I just want to see the rest of their pokemon, and other Galar pokemon show up alongside the gym leaders.

My own indifference towards them aside, I don't think he's going to capture another Pokemon in the near future since he just got Uonoragon and hasn't had enough time to do much with it. I'd at least like to wait a dozen episodes before Satoshi gets another Pokemon so that we don't get a repeat of the Kamonegi situation.

Given the anime has been ignoring any pokemon for the period after their capture, I could see Ash get something only to not develop it until later. I don't expect it to happen in the Ponyta episode though.

Agreed, besides Chloe will be the only character to catch something in the Glimwood Tangle episode: She'll catch a G-Ponyta.

Lets hope that Goh catches the regular Ponyta at some point to show off both forms.

People have also mentioned how the ref reduces Leon's chances of having a Aegislash, now we have Wikstrom as well, so while he still may have one, I really wonder what his other 4 members are?

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
I see them as redundant anyways, I only really care about Marnie debuting due to Piers since he's still a gym leader and is bound to appear as an opponent to Ash anyways and ofc there's Obstagoon cause of him.
But still we haven't seen Hop despite him being related to Leon, so I think there's a very little chance that we might see Marnie in the future.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
People have also mentioned how the ref reduces Leon's chances of having a Aegislash, now we have Wikstrom as well, so while he still may have one, I really wonder what his other 4 members are?
Does it really matter at this point, they could have Ash eventually own a Dragapult and it still really wouldn't stop Leon from still having it. Same with Aegislash where they still have one on his team. They could really just make up his whole team from scratch due to his team from the games not being entirely fixed and are based on your starter choice. They don't even bother showing off the entire teams of Champions in the first place, and they don't even seem interested in doing such even with Leon where they seem more likely to have him still use Charizard than the rest of his team. If anything they may just do what they did with Kukui and not show his entire team until the very end.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Remember Korrina prevented Ash from getting Lucario and Ash's Dragonite is preventing Iris from coming back.

And how Paul preventing Ash from getting Torterra and Kukui preventing Ash from getting Incineroar.

What a sad universe we live in.

oh and TRs Morpeko already prevents Marnie.
Writers don't want to confuse kids, though.
Ash's Torterra hasn't fought Paul's one, plus Paul has more than 6 Pokemon. Ash's Torracat didn't evolve until it defeated Kukui's Incineroar.
Ash's Dragonite can't prevent Iris from coming back, since they have different personalities (Ash's Dragonite is still pure and Iris one is still edgy).

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Well if we look at his "Canon" Team according to the GOTCHA! Video:

Charizard
Dragapult
Aegislash
Haxorus
Mr. Rime
Inteleon

Well Charizard and Dragapult have already been confirmed.

Aegislash may be debunked due to both the Ref and Wikistrom having one. While this may not completely debunk Leon's chances of having one, it does lower the odds quite a bit.

Inteleon might also be debunked depending on whether or not the one we see in Episode 54 becomes a recurring or a one-off Pokémon.
Another thing I think lowers the odds of Leon having one is that they chose to debut Inteleon under a Brand New Character despite Leon already being a recurring Character in this series.
If Leon had one it would've made more sense for him to debut it rather than a Random Newcomer.

Mr. Rime and Haxorus are still very likely tho.
Unless Iris has Evolved her Axew (which I doubt). Even so I doubt she'll show up often enough to overlap with Leon's hypothetical Haxorus.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well if we look at his "Canon" Team according to the GOTCHA! Video:

Charizard
Dragapult
Aegislash
Haxorus
Mr. Rime
Inteleon

Well Charizard and Dragapult have already been confirmed.

Aegislash may be debunked due to both the Ref and Wikstrom having one. While this may not completely debunk Leon's chances of having one, it does lower the odds quite a bit.

Inteleon might also be debunked depending on whether or not the one we see in Episode 54 becomes a recurring or a one-off Pokémon.
Another thing I think lowers the odds of Leon having one is that they chose to debut Inteleon under a Brand New Character despite Leon already being a recurring Character in this series.
If Leon had one it would've made more sense for him to debut it rather than a Random Newcomer.

Mr. Rime and Haxorus are still very likely tho.
Even if there's the off chance Iris has Evolved her Axew (which I doubt btw), I doubt she'll appear much to overlap with Leon's Haxorus
I kinda just see his Dragapult as his representative for his native region of Galar since it's the only fixed member that's even a Galar native so I think that's kinda obvious. Haxorus may be eventually confirmed since it's also fixed to his roster although that's going to be based on if they're gonna make it as accurate as his team in the games or make it entirely random like they did with Kukui, only having around 2-3 being fixed. Aegislash is strangely disputed due to the ref and other representations being shown like eventually Wikstrom. His last two mons however, are definitely in question since those two spots are based on your starter choice in the games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ace-Barn said:
Given the anime has been ignoring any pokemon for the period after their capture, I could see Ash get something only to not develop it until later. I don't expect it to happen in the Ponyta episode though.

For me it's not a case of "it can't happen", but rather a case of me wanting things to change. Yes, I'm aware that they've been neglecting some of Satoshi's new captures [mostly Kamonegi, anyway] right after they're caught and taking their sweet time with development: I'm simply tired of that and would like to see them be more proactive with his new Pokemon from the get-go.

D

Deleted member 384931

The personalities of Satoshi's pokemon in Journey's are so vastly different. We dont really know their power level either in maybe 3 battles each

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The WCS is perfect to bring back characters for an episode or two.

Past -main characters and *rivals who would compete in it

- Misty
- Iris
- Cilan
- Kiawe
- Lana
* Paul
* Barry
* Trip
* Stephan
* Georgia
* Alain
* Sawyer

Past -main characters and *rivals that could compete in it, maybe.

- May
- Dawn
- Clemont
* Gary (We'll see soon-ish)
* Bianca
* Him
* Burgundy
* Gladion (Once he finds his Mohn)

Past -main characters and *rivals (not including league rivals) that wouldn't for various reasons.

- Brock
- Who?
- Max
- Serena
- Bonnie
- Sophocles
- Lillie
- Mallow
* Alt Color Ash
* Who?
* Conway (he's in jail)
* Nand..Z z z z
* Hau You Doin'?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This series is harder to speculate for teams because first, Ash is no longer limited to the current region and second, Goh's captures don't really matter except for the ones that stay as permanent members if the team.

With Ash's captures being Kanto - Kanto - Sinnoh - Galar - Galar, I hope he catches an older Pokémon next before his obvious road trip with Leon based on the opening.

I do hope that it ends up being a type that he does not have in his team yet. I am hoping for Ice or Rock. He has a small amount if those in reserve as well. Maybe a Beartic from Unova or Tyranitar from Johto. I'd even take an Aurorus.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
The WCS is perfect to bring back characters for an episode or two.

Past -main characters and *rivals who would compete in it

- Misty
- Iris
- Cilan
- Kiawe
- Lana
* Paul
* Barry
* Trip
* Stephan
* Georgia
* Alain
* Sawyer

Past -main characters and *rivals that could compete in it, maybe.

- May
- Dawn
- Clemont
* Gary (We'll see soon-ish)
* Bianca
* Him
* Burgundy
* Gladion (Once he finds his Mohn)

Past -main characters and *rivals (not including league rivals) that wouldn't for various reasons.

- Brock
- Who?
- Max
- Serena
- Bonnie
- Sophocles
- Lillie
- Mallow
* Alt Color Ash
* Who?
* Conway (he's in jail)
* Nand..Z z z z
* Hau You Doin'?

I wouldn't count on Alain participating. I think he would be more occupied with his guilt than Pokemon training right now.

Also, Kiawe and Lana weren't shown to have any reaction towards the PWC in JN 37. And I honestly doubt Lana would even reach the top 1000.

As for the underlined names, they are all good battlers but I don't think any of them are particularly top 500 material. Unless Ash drops in rank again, which I think is unlikely, there is no scenario where I feel that bringing them back for some other purpose is worse than bringing them back for PWC. Why not have a friendly match of Ash or Goh vs Companion in place of Companion vs COTD at PWC ?

DuskAstral

I suspect Allister might not show up either since Bea has already appeared.
I don't think her presence would have prevented Allister from debuting. The boy could still be the Gym Leader, considering there are more Gyms in the anime
But still we haven't seen Hop despite him being related to Leon
Just because some people are related to each other doesn't mean they have to appear almost simultaneously. It is enough to remember how great was the gap between Hala's debut (9 SM episode) and the debut of his grandson Hau (97 SM episode).

BlazingAsh

I think once Farfetchd evolves, the focus might shift to G max Gengar or Mega Lucario or Dracovish's training. First, people thought he was going to catch a new Pokemon every 6 episodes. Since that's not happening anymore, I don't see him catching more than one or two more Pokemon. I'd be okay if he doesn't catch any more and if the show gives some great battles and development to his current team. Instead of catching new, they should bring back all of his old Pokemon and evolve some of them to celebrate the 25th anniversary. If older human characters can return, why not some of his most loved Pokemon we haven't seen in years. We've already seen Mr Mime and his Alola team. I'm hopeful they'll use Ash's Melmetal to showcase GMax form.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd love seeing Sawyer again but I know it's likely not happening :(

DuskAstral

I think once Farfetchd evolves, the focus might shift to G max Gengar or Mega Lucario or Dracovish's training.
G-max Gengar will rather present Allister. I just don't understand what Mega Lucario training we're talking about, since Satoshi doesn't have the Mega Stone (and most likely won't get it).

Icy-Snowflake

Ash never got a Decidueye, so there's no problem there.
The same applies here. Ash can catch an Impidimp, then Marnie will have a Grimmsnarl. Her arc would be over before Impidimp evolves.

Personally, I don’t think ash is mega evolving anything. At least not in journeys. Maybe if Megas returns as a regions main gimmick. Until then, I’m saying nah
Unless Sinnoh remakes bring mega evolution back, I agree with you.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ash never got a Decidueye, so there's no problem there.

An Impidimp isn't a Grimmsnarl.. and TR already got a Morpeko so they already might not be bringing Marnie in anyway.

Also..

Ash's Squirtle/Gary's Blastoise
Ash's Kingler/Gary's Krabby
Ash's Torterra/Paul's Torterra
Ash's Gliscor/Paul's Gliscor
Ash's Snivy/Trip's Serperior
Ash's Pignite/Bianca's Emboar
Ash's Oshawott/Cameron's Samurott

Should I go on? Just because one character uses a particular line, doesn't mean that Ash can't..

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think her presence would have prevented Allister from debuting. The boy could still be the Gym Leader, considering there are more Gyms in the anime
Just because some people are related to each other doesn't mean they have to appear almost simultaneously. It is enough to remember how great was the gap between Hala's debut (9 SM episode) and the debut of his grandson Hau (97 SM episode).
I don't think that Allister will be a Gym Leader at all. Instead, he will be a rival to Gou like how Bea is a rival to Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.