• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

You know already what the Dark-type is called in Japanese.

You do realize that doesn't matter right. They can easily just work around it and get away with giving Nickit the less problematic Dart type moves. For instance they could give it the following move set:

Ash's Potential Nickit's and Thievul's move set:

As a Nickit:
Assurance
Tail Slap
Play Rough
Quick Attack

As a Thievul:
Assurance
Tail Slap
Play Rough
Shadow Claw

Red and Blue

You know already what the Dark-type is called in Japanese.
Except the anime has shown us numerous times Dark types dong have to be evil. After all Kukui owned Incineroar which knew moves like Throat Chop and Darkest Lariant

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
the scene where ash captured a grubbin was never completely seen . They were scenes from different episodes that gave the appearance of captured him.

What are you talking about? They weren't from any specific episode. They were made for the opening.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
However, Nickit could just be a wild Pokemon and not get caught. Some of you are just desperate for captures.

ShadowForce720

However, Nickit could just be a wild Pokemon and not get caught. Some of you are just desperate for captures.

No one is saying that it's confirmed or that Ash will definitely catch Nickit. While it's true that Nickit could just wind up being a wild pokemon that doesn't get caught, it's also true that it is possible that Nickit winds up being a pokemon that Ash does catch. Look there is nothing wrong people speculating that Ash might capture Nickit in episode 4 considering it that it's confirmed to be in the episode and is not really a background character in the episode. So no, just because you have a problem with Nickit being a pure Dark type pokemon doesn't mean that people suggesting that Ash might catch it are some how desperate for captures.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Not only is it pure Dark type, Nickit and Thievul's names both relate to stealing. A kleptomaniac fox is not the kind of Pokemon that a lovable hero like Ash would catch.

Red and Blue

Not only is it pure Dark type, Nickit and Thievul's names both relate to stealing. A kleptomaniac fox is not the kind of Pokemon that a lovable hero like Ash would catch.
And it couldn't reform? We already know Go's Scorbunny starts out amoral to an extent since it pulls pranks and steals things.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
Kalos not so much, but no way they can avoid past characters in Alola
They left so much there

I don't think that Satoshi will head back to Alola so soon after leaving though, but when he does eventually return, I don't think that we're guaranteed to see a bunch of Alola characters from SM. Maybe one or two at most depending on how long Satoshi stays in the region, but the writers could easily just skip the old Alola characters altogether and instead focus on Gen VII Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
I grow more convinced by the day that Sobble and Grookey will both become Intelleon and Rillaboom
If they can hold them off debuting onto the main cast for so long, then they clearly won't have a problem evolving them

I've assumed that given most of the negative reactions towards Messon's final stage, that perhaps it won't be worth showcasing it in the main cast due to it apparently not being very popular. So at the very least, I would expect Messon to be left as-is or evolved once at most.

Konja7

I don't think that Satoshi will head back to Alola so soon after leaving though, but when he does eventually return, I don't think that we're guaranteed to see a bunch of Alola characters from SM. Maybe one or two at most depending on how long Satoshi stays in the region, but the writers could easily just skip the old Alola characters altogether and instead focus on Gen VII Pokemon.

True.

The trips to other regions are for a particular mission, while Ash and Go return pretty fast after that. So, it is pretty easy to ignore old characters if they want.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Any hatred towards Inteleon was based purely on a still in-game screen capture. Just the internet being reactionary, as per usual.

I'm sure now that we have its official artwork and animations, opinions might have changed a bit.

ShadowForce720

Except Scorbunny isn't a Dark-type.

Still doesn't mean that Nickit couldn't be reformed. Heck if they want to they can just turn Nickit into a more gentlemen thief. So if they choose to give Ash a Nickit there are plenty of ways it could work, for instance it could develop the habit of stealing back things that were stolen.

kickachu

Momentai!
which malarian forms. you think will go to ash and go and be wild?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
But Ash having a Pokémon with crook in its name is ok? I’m not even expecting a capture but I doubt the names of Pokémon is keeping him from getting one

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
With how Ash's dual type Dark-types were treated I think that a pure Dark-type owned by him would be treated worse.

MartínK

I still think that Ash is going to have Corviknight, not because TR it's using it means that Ash wont catch it

Status
Not open for further replies.