• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Ace-Barn

#B.B.Tokio&Nickit
Possible yes but I would like to see a manner of equality between to two protagonists because at this point Goh has two legendaries in his den while Ash has zero. Or if they can’t be fair they should just drop Ash from the series he hasn’t really done anything that can beat Gohs suicune capture
Ash and Goh are treated differently based on their 2 goals. Goh has one legendary, even then its roaming, and Ash still has powerhouse Pokémon; Sirfetch'd, Gengar, Dracovish, Lucario and Dragonite. Goh still has not caught a pseudo. Ash also already has hos reserves, which as we have seen, can be called back, including a mythical and ultra beast.

Ash's main accomplishments come in the opponents he faces and overcomes, and while Ash has captured powerful Pokémon, we have seen the reverse situation with Goh facing other trainers less often.

Ignoring the fact that the 2's progress is meant to be evaluated in different ways is missing the whole reason for the differences in their characters. Otherwise we should be asking why Goh isn't in the PWC and defeating high level trainers.

Mythical-Moonlight

IRL Drizzile
I’m freaking hyped for Infernape guys. Who’s with me!?
Infernape and the other Oak'd Pokemon are the only reason I'm even mildly interested in this Arc.

Well that and maybe that Grookey and Eevee Episode (not sure if that's apart of the Arc tho)

Everything else sounds boring from what we're hearing
I'm not interested in the OC Rivals for Goh.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

It's the only reason I'm even mildly interested in this Arc

Everything else sounds boring from what we're hearing
Oh please, I got bored of the anime after DP ended. I just continue watching to continue torturing myself for it :p

Red and Blue

Pls I have a question. What Pokemon would you give Ash if you were asked to write Pokemon Journeys? You can state the reasons for the Pokemon you've chosen for Ash if you want wish to
Going by Gens I would of given him

Gen 1: Dragonite and Gengar
Gen 2: Tyranitar
Gen 3: Blaziken or Latias
Gen 4:Lucario
Gen 5: Braviary or Zoroark
Gen 6: Carbink
Gen 7: Alolan Sandslash
Gen 8: Sobble and Dracovish. Possibly Kubfu.

Not counting Mimey among new captures since it is reserve

Considering this looks to be a four year series I'd find a way to give them all decent screentime.

Master Pikachu 11

Why would he need more Pokémon in this series if he "doesn't care" about the ones he has already caught?
He only uses Pikachu in fights, and apart from him, only Riolu has received a lot of attention

-Dragonite was only used in 5 episodes
- Gengar only fought in 3 episodes
- Farfetch'd only appeared four times
- Dracovish only appeared in two episodes (although the episode with Iris is still ahead of us, never mind that)

Seriously? Want it to catch more Pokémon so they'll fight for at least a little attention? Sometimes Satoshi doesn't even remember taking them with him on research trips
If I was writing this series which is what the previous question from another poster had ask, then all of those concerns that you have, would have been taken care of because I would have had Ash used those other Pokémon that he has in battles that Pikachu was used in and probably would have shown other PWC battles to help utilize the Pokémon so instead of having Pikachu take on Tauros trainer or even the Heracross trainer, I would have had Gengar and Dragonite be used instead.
I’m freaking hyped for Infernape guys. Who’s with me!?
cant wait to see it return and hopefully put on a better showcase against Moltres then Talonflame did, even though Talonflame managed to get a hit on it.

DuskAstral

At one point but not at this point. Eternatus has already been donated away.
I think Eternatus is still his Pokémon, even though he left it in Galar (the fact that Professor Magnolia's Pokéball would not count as a change of owner, but leaving the Pokémon in his care)

Decidueye23

Ash and Goh are treated differently based on their 2 goals. Goh has one legendary, even then its roaming, and Ash still has powerhouse Pokémon; Sirfetch'd, Gengar, Dracovish, Lucario and Dragonite. Goh still has not caught a pseudo. Ash also already has hos reserves, which as we have seen, can be called back, including a mythical and ultra beast.

Ash's main accomplishments come in the opponents he faces and overcomes, and while Ash has captured powerful Pokémon, we have seen the reverse situation with Goh facing other trainers less often.

Ignoring the fact that the 2's progress is meant to be evaluated in different ways is missing the whole reason for the differences in their characters. Otherwise we should be asking why Goh isn't in the PWC and defeating high level trainers.
Here's how i look at it. Ash and Goh have completely different goals. Yes indeed. But at the same time we barely see the writers writing interesting plots for Goh's capture. Each saga you see Ash put in so much effort into raising and training his pokemon, even if he does end up losing at the end of the saga. 53 episodes in with barely some training, Goh gets handed down a suicune. Which is a massive advancement in his Goal. If it happened say with more amount of training and raising his pokemon, it would seem more earned and interesting. Or it should have been like Goh was not a novice trainer. He is also experienced. Thats the main criticism. Sure Goh's advancement and Ash's advancement arent comparable, but Goh's advancement itself seems very lazy writing. Instead of those God-aweful 2 part fillers, we could just have an episode about Ash and Goh training their pokemon. But i guess it is what it is. Gulpin are waaaay more fun apparently.

Master Pikachu 11

XY = DP > JN > SM > AG > OS >>>>>>>>> BW
I agree with this, although I would wait til JN ends before we put it in which season was better since it’s still early in the series. But every Pokémon season that I have seen BW was my least favorite of them all. The gym battles and league were terrible and only Iris and Cilan were interesting part about it.