• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

ShadowForce720

do all of Ash's dragons need that move now or something?

I'd rather it get Dragon Rush, it seems like it would fit it.
Considering that Ash’s Goodra, Noivern, and Naganadel never learned Draco Meteor, I don’t think Ash’s Dracovish needs the move.

In all honesty I agree that I think Dragon Rush would make more sense for Dracovish.
Infernape gor its time to shien and is battling against moltres. So thats fine. Torterra needs redemption!

What if its Sabrina uses gengar against Ash. The haunter that Ash left with her and Ash uses his gengar against her?
I don’t mind her using a Gengar but wouldn’t it make more sense to keep Alakazam being her ace intact.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Depends on the narrative, there's nothing saying she can't use both, it depends on how they would Ash to beat Sabrina.

I just want him to use one of his Dark-types.. like Absol.

Please, let Scraggy evolve to match Haxorus and totally wreck Sabrina..

MegaSalamence05

If Sabrina's returning I honestly want it to be a double battle. Between Gengar/Alakazam vs Gengar/Pikachu. On the topic of Dracovish, It's got a good moveset so far, Fishious Rend, Ice Fang, (Excluding Water Gun for now), because this Pokemon has been set up more on the Physical side. Dragon Rush or Outrage makes a lot of sense here, the last move I would want want to see would be Scald. Put the opposition with a burn effect. Work from there.

Reason for the double battle is honestly quite simple. With all of the returning people, get an obscure reference to Haunter and as Ash owns Gengar. Gengar vs Gengar, while Alakazam battles Pikachu. (Think of Riolu and Pikachu vs Chairman Rose's Copperajah and Ferrothorn). Since the Dragonite vs Dragonite battle showcased the same Pokemon can easily battle one another on screen.

ShadowForce720

If Sabrina's returning I honestly want it to be a double battle. Between Gengar/Alakazam vs Gengar/Pikachu. On the topic of Dracovish, It's got a good moveset so far, Fishious Rend, Ice Fang, (Excluding Water Gun for now), because this Pokemon has been set up more on the Physical side. Dragon Rush or Outrage makes a lot of sense here, the last move I would want want to see would be Scald. Put the opposition with a burn effect. Work from there.
I think another option for replacing Water Gun on Dracovish‘a move set would be to have it learn Hydro Pump. So I think this would make a good final move set for Ash’s Dracovish:

Ash’s Dracovish:
Hydro Pump/Scald
Fishious Rend
Ice Fang
Dragon Rush/Outrage

MegaSalamence05

I think another option for replacing Water Gun on Dracovish‘a move set would be to have it learn Hydro Pump. So I think this would make a good final move set for Ash’s Dracovish:

Ash’s Dracovish:
Hydro Pump/Scald
Fishious Rend
Ice Fang
Dragon Rush/Outrage
I honestly didn't want Hydro Pump because the majority of Ash's Water Types have that move. Like I dealt with that as the Incineroar with Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower

ShadowForce720

I honestly didn't want Hydro Pump because the majority of Ash's Water Types have that move. Like I dealt with that as the Incineroar with Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower
Actually a vast majority of Ash’s Water types have never used Hydro Pump. Out of Ash’s 9 Water types(not including Ash’s 10th Water type being Dracovish) only 3 of Ash’s Water type Pokémon knew Hydro Pump which were Squirtle, Oshawott, and Palpitoad.

While in the case of Fire Blast Ash’s Incineroar was his 1st Fire type Pokémon that actually knew Fire Blast.

ImBeVillain

GengaTuber Official [Youtube Channel]

ShadowForce720

Water Gun
Fishious Rend
Ice Fang
Ancient Power
While I can understand the idea of Ancient Power because it’s a fossil Pokémon, I’m not seeing why Ash’s Dracovish wouldn’t know at least 1 Dragon type move considering the fact that they specifically brought up it’s Dragon typing nor do I see any reason for it to keep Water Gun instead of replacing it with a stronger Water type move.

Especially when it was specifically pointed out how weak Water Gun was.

desdar300

I think Pokemon Journeys is showing what happens when they basically let Ash cut loose For Better or Worse.
With him having really strong Pokemon now everybody else has to get bumped up so they can reasonably compete with them.
After this episode I'm really wondering what's going to become after this series especially because we know he can't take the p.m. rejects with him.

I just want him to use one of his Dark-types.. like Absol.

Please, let Scraggy evolve to match Haxorus and totally wreck Sabrina..
You are fine with Sabrina's return? Especially after what they did with Gengar?

Reason for the double battle is honestly quite simple. With all of the returning people, get an obscure reference to Haunter and as Ash owns Gengar. Gengar vs Gengar, while Alakazam battles Pikachu. (Think of Riolu and Pikachu vs Chairman Rose's Copperajah and Ferrothorn). Since the Dragonite vs Dragonite battle showcased the same Pokemon can easily battle one another on screen.
I wonder why no one mentions Psychic Fangs. Too many bite moves?

charinija

Ash's Torterra has been shown to be too weak.

But Ash is generally more compatible with fast pokemons.

Sceptile, Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Dragonite, Ash's best Pokemon have always been fast.

Inteleon, for example, was a very compatible poker with Ash. The only pokemon in Gen 8 that I'm disappointed that Ash didn't buy.

ShadowForce720

Ash's Torterra has been shown to be too weak.

But Ash is generally more compatible with fast pokemons.

Sceptile, Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Dragonite, Ash's best Pokemon have always been fast.

Inteleon, for example, was a very compatible poker with Ash. The only pokemon in Gen 8 that I'm disappointed that Ash didn't buy.
Ash’s Torterra isn’t weak, the only reason why it didn’t get any wins as a Torterra was because for the most part it was decided that the wins would go to other Pokémon, so no it’s not like Torterra was really given a chance to shine or be in a battle where it could get a win.

And the one battle that did focus on it as a Torterra was against a member of the Elite 4 which given how members of the Elite 4 where depicted at the time of course Torterra wouldn’t win the battle against Bertha.

charinija

Paul's Drapion
Volkner's Electivire.

Never won any war after it evolved. It may be unlucky, but it is obvious that it is not strong. Elite 4 match is not that important.
Ash’s Torterra isn’t weak, the only reason why it didn’t get any wins as a Torterra was because for the most part it was decided that the wins would go to other Pokémon, so no it’s not like Torterra was really given a chance to shine or be in a battle where it could get a win.

And the one battle that did focus on it as a Torterra was against a member of the Elite 4 which given how members of the Elite 4 where depicted at the time of course Torterra wouldn’t win the battle against Bertha.