• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSalamence05

The argument for both catching/Not catching Kubfu is there. (Ash gets his first Legendary Pokemom while if Ash doesn't It gives Mustard his ace). If he's going to re-occur.

But wow that back and fourth was entertaining. For the memes level of hilarity. But seriously I've learned to have my bs meter on this show thrown away. Just roll with the punches.

I kinda want Ash to catch Calyrex just because of the Slowking episode. P

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
DP had so many interesting characters... want to see them in the anime again
Same DP is tied for my favorite cast with XY & SM.
Anybody else all for Ash getting Kubfu in a potential Isle of Armor mini arc? I know some of you hate repeating types

but I think a timid fighter like Kubfu would be perfect for Ash and something new. We had Riolu /Lucario who was headstrong, Farfetch’d being a lone wolf, and Hawlucha who was a showman. We haven’t gotten a “shy” Pokémon for Ash in a long time.
I prefer if we didn’t get another type repeated but I’d welcome Urshifu. I really like its “arc” in the games and it has one of the coolest GMaxes and signature (Max) Move. Would prefer Single Strike as I like the red and black color scheme as well as the Dark Type. Could also tie in Bea since she has a canon admiration for Mustard.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
The argument for both catching/Not catching Kubfu is there. (Ash gets his first Legendary Pokemom while if Ash doesn't It gives Mustard his ace). If he's going to re-occur.

I would prefer it if Ash captured a real legendary, rather than a budget one.

Give him the new thunder chicken or something, just don't waste his first true legendary capture (if we're not including Ultra Beasts) on Urshifu..

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I would prefer it if Ash captured a real legendary, rather than a budget one.

Give him the new thunder chicken or something, just don't waste his first true legendary capture (if we're not including Ultra Beasts) on Urshifu..
Is Galarian Zappos your first choice for his legendary or do you have something else in mind?

BlazingAsh

I guess after DP they decided to give only his regional team the chance to shine and probably felt his older mons got their moment in the sun in their respective region and stopped bringing them back since BW. They might bring back a few like Greninja and Melmetal to celebrate the 25 th anniversary next year but I doubt we will ever see all of them or most of them battling again like they did during Sinnoh. Pokemon like Bayleef, Totodile and Glalie were the ones from the first three gens to not even get a single return battle. Muk, Tauros and Kingler at least returned in Johto.
As many companions and rivals will continue to return in celebration of the 25th anniversary next year, I hope they give some great battles to his Pokemon from DP, BW and XY as well.

Master Pikachu 11

Anybody else all for Ash getting Kubfu in a potential Isle of Armor mini arc? I know some of you hate repeating types

but I think a timid fighter like Kubfu would be perfect for Ash and something new. We had Riolu /Lucario who was headstrong, Farfetch’d being a lone wolf, and Hawlucha who was a showman. We haven’t gotten a “shy” Pokémon for Ash in a long time.
Yep I think that Kubfu is the most realistic legendary Pokémon for Ash to capture and the anime staff has proven that they don’t care about type overlaps. So i think it is the best legendary that suits him the best.
I agree. Ash could train a timid and shy Kubfu to later become a powerful Urshifu kind of similar to the story arc of Goodra except the releasing part which they should not do for Urshifu
Yep it is kind of similar to Goomy/Goodra now that you mention it, I can even see Sirfetch’d take Kubfu under his wing and help with Ash on getting it stronger similar to Rowlet and Melmetal.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Many mega-evolutions never got proper screentime especially the ORAS megas. Some of the designs were pretty cool too. I am not too keen on Mega-Scizor and Mega-Aerodactyl, as they look too similar to the normal forms, but the other three can work.

still think Ash should get one too but that's good.

We can also ask, why add another one.

kind of also tired of that myself, seriously the water starters need some love and Ash needs to use them more.

I get that. I never meant that it would need to fight MC-X in the literal context. I meant that if Ash's Charizard gets to Mega Evolve into the Y-version, there will be comparisons to Alain's based on association. I personally believe that to be an unnecessary thing, but likely to happen if that were the case. I find it unnecessary because the only thing that needs to be compared to Alain's MC-X is Ash-Greninja in a rematch of some sort. And Ash's MC-Y vs. MC-X debates would only function in a way to discredit Ash-Greninja's achievements due to Charizard Fanboyism.

I've had a few people breathing down my neck about the fact that AG beating Alain's mega zard was supposed to be a thing but they don't agree.

So i'm not really seeing why Ash's Charizard would get compared to Alain's, heck would it get compared to anyone else that owns one in general?

Yep I think that Kubfu is the most realistic legendary Pokémon for Ash to capture and the anime staff has proven that they don’t care about type overlaps. So i think it is the best legendary that suits him the best.

I'm starting to have doubts about Kubfu and Ash myself.

First of all, It would not surprise me if goh wanted to get in on the action as well if he found out it involved a rare pokemon, because yes he doesn't like battling, but he'll do it if he has to, and i'd rather not see the two battle each other because it's going to lead to more complaints regardless of the winner.

At the very least it wouldn't surprise me if Goh wanted Ash to trade him Kubfu long enough to get it's dex data, same after it evolves.

Secondly there's the whole "two towers" thing, and not knowing which path to take...sounds a lot like the problem Chloe and her Eevee have, so what if she was there and and it's confusion caused it to choose her as it's trainer as it might feel she's confused as well?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Is Galarian Zappos your first choice for his legendary or do you have something else in mind?

I wasn't too fond of the bird when it first appeared, but over time I have gained a new appreciation for it and honestly, it's now the only galarian bird design that I do like and I think it'd be cool to see Ash use it. Plus it packs a punch (or a kick, should I say)..

What do you mean by budget Legendary?

It's meant to be legendary and has a BST lower than that of Arcanine and Archeops. I can't stand it, partially for its looks but especially for its poor stats..

nuzamaki90

I wasn't too fond of the bird when it first appeared, but over time I have gained a new appreciation for it and honestly, it's now the only galarian bird design that I do like and I think it'd be cool to see Ash use it. Plus it packs a punch (or a kick, should I say)..

It's meant to be legendary and has a BST lower than that of Arcanine and Archeops. I can't stand it, partially for its looks but especially for its poor stats..
Poor stats? Haha woah there mate. Just because it has a lower BST does in NO way mean it’s any worse than other Legendaries. In fact in a 1v1, both Urshifu forms can OHKO a majority of the Legendaries that exist Lol they both hit like a truck with momentum from 50 other trucks o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.