• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
There's nothing new we can do with Ash for his development at this point says the writers, while not giving him a chance to try out new stuff like in SM. Give me a break. There's so many ways Ash can continue, this PWC is a perfect example of that, but noooo ofc they don't wanna properly showcase what is probably the best concept in the anime after a long while

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
I heard a theory on twitter that Ash may be taking on Leon soon, but loses to him, thereby leading to him enrolling for the next season and beating him. So basically we have two seasons of PWC, which would explain its rushed pace. I don't really buy it though, the only thing that made me think about it was ash Vs Leon in the opening song
Well, if you meant Ash is going to battle leon in an official match, I don't see it happening soon, as it would require Ash to reach master class, which I don't think he's going to reach this early.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
There's nothing new we can do with Ash for his development at this point says the writers, while not giving him a chance to try out new stuff like in SM. Give me a break. There's so many ways Ash can continue, this PWC is a perfect example of that, but noooo ofc they don't wanna properly showcase what is probably the best concept in the anime after a long while
Tbh I don't care about Ash's development at the moment, all I want from the writers is to give more battle episodes rather than some random filler, even if it is against a random COTD.

Morax

King of heroes
PWC might be a new and interesting concept but ash is going through the same development that he underwent in D&P or X&Y. In terms of how much his character can progress ash is well beyond the finishing line. There's no more room for growth. Anything else would require him to grow up.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yeah, no way they are able to go four years with this series, considering Ash is already in the top 300.

I don't know, whenever I play games with a rank and tier system it's always a ***** to get into the higher echelons. For instance, the racing game I'm currently playing has a ranked season (duration is a week) in which you need to go from 1050 to 2000 in order to reach the 'master' rank (with several ranks in between). With each race you can win points (can go up to 60 or higher depending on the amount of other competitors), but if you don't get a good position, you'll drop somewhere between 7 to 20 points (most of the time it will be -20). 1050 up to around 1800 is easy enough, since you're always paired with other competitors from the same tier.

Now here's the catch. With each tier, you unlock better material. I'm currently stuck at 1950'ish points, which is the Elite Rank. Why? Because there aren't enough Master-rank players online to have solely Master Rank-races. This means that if there are 7 other competitors, there will often be 3 from Master Rank sprinkled in there, which likely get the Top3 places and it's basically a 2/5 shot to get some minor points, but a 3/5 shot to get -20 to your rank.

Unrelated rant is over.

The Top400 should be more richly filled with notable trainers, like gymleaders, Battle Frontier-brains, former rivals, etc. That should be the meat of the series as opposed to the random cotd's we've mostly had thus far (Korrina and Bea were pretty much the exceptions).

BobbbidyBob

Arceus had prophesied that Ash's journey would end when he turns 11. But Dialga likes him so he hasn't aged a bit. Now Arceus has commanded Dialga to stop helping Ash, else it will be sent to Distortion World.:p

Keep changing his goal every 25 years?
That is a private matter between Arceus and Giratina and should not be discussed

BobbbidyBob

I think 10,000 trainers in the pwc was too little. The world of pokemon felt big until I found out only 10,000 people were taking part
The rest are competing in the leagues or maybe they are not interested? Or maybe the smart trainers went to become Pokémon masters in space.

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
a humble request to stop discussing if ash will stay or leave.(i know i started the topic)
we can just think that he isnt leaving b4 journey ends so lets discuss what can b done to him in journeys

PAndrews

Yeah, no way they are able to go four years with this series, considering Ash is already in the top 300.

All they have to do is stop skipping matches and having Ash climbing the ranks off screen and also stop having him make huge jumps with 1 win. If he'd have to do all 100 matches of the top 100 portion for instance, especially with a few of them lasting more then 1 episode (the Paul battle took 3 episodes for instance) then they could effectively stretch Ash climbimg the ranks over a decade if they really want to.

So yeah, it comes down to how many of ths remaining 400 trainers ranked above him they let him battle and how much of it is shown

PAndrews

I think 10,000 trainers in the pwc was too little. The world of pokemon felt big until I found out only 10,000 people were taking part

Ash went through 7 regions, 6 leqgues, the battle frontier and even became Aloha's champion without ever even hearing about the pwc or being invited to join. Not to mention past accomplishments didn't count and he still had to start from the bottom.

So all it means is simply 10.000 trainers heard about it and signed up, not that there are only 10.000 competent trainers in the world. Heck, even calling it a world championship seems wrong since only 8 regions so far have shown to be participating

nickdt

All they have to do is stop skipping matches and having Ash climbing the ranks off screen and also stop having him make huge jumps with 1 win. If he'd have to do all 100 matches of the top 100 portion for instance, especially with a few of them lasting more then 1 episode (the Paul battle took 3 episodes for instance) then they could effectively stretch Ash climbimg the ranks over a decade if they really want to.

So yeah, it comes down to how many of ths remaining 400 trainers ranked above him they let him battle and how much of it is shown

Yeah and you can also safely assume a lot of those trainers in the top 400 are either people who particpated in leagues, gym leaders, people trained by gym leaders and E4 members.

DuskAstral

Ash went through 7 regions, 6 leqgues, the battle frontier and even became Aloha's champion without ever even hearing about the pwc or being invited to join.
I think that since PWC was invented only now, there was probably no chance that he would have heard about this championship earlier. On the other hand, it's still strange since Gou and Professor Sakuragi knew about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.