• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Being for 24 yrs doesnt count as development. Goh is considered more developed than ash was.
yea u dont have any development hope for satoshi cuz u dont want satoshi to remain as protag then thats another case
His development peaked in DP. After that, it was inconsistent. Hurts but its the truth.

FatBigachu

I dont really get the direction of pokemon that Satoshi has in this series. They evolve and that is it? Staying in the lab until needed?
Yes, they evolve and that's it. Poor Lucario, everyone blamed the doggo for Ash's other pokemons not getting enough screen time but now he shares the same fate as Dragonite and Gengar. I know he still gets more focus than others but I hope everyone realizes that the real problem isn't Lucario.

PsychoLogical

By estimation, how many months of Journeys do we have left?
Around 1.5 years as new sagas have an average of over 135 eps at least, includes hiatuses for whatever reason. Although there is still the possibility of JN being a 4 year series for the first time since DP.

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
His development peaked in DP. After that, it was inconsistent. Hurts but its the truth.
DP is the only thing i hear in every time something related to zenith of dev or performances battles etc. are talked about Then how Kalos developed him battle wise and how alola brought out his balance betn maturity and immaturity.
Ofcourse the reason behind all these arguments is "satoshi has been for 24 yrs so change the protag"

PsychoLogical

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
DP is the only thing i hear in every time something related to zenith of dev or performances battles etc. are talked about Then how Kalos developed him battle wise and how alola brought out his balance betn maturity and immaturity.
Ofcourse the reason behind all these arguments is "satoshi has been for 24 yrs so change the protag"
BW single handedly destroyed any chances of Ash developing any further since his natural progression from OS-DP was interrupted by his regression in BW. Any development after that feels forced and artificial including the way he was portrayed, as a Gary Stu, in XY. Sorry, not sorry.
Is there a certain date for 25th anniversary celebration?
February 27th I think, the anniversary date for red/green.

PsychoLogical

They brought Misty and Brock back for the 20th anniversary celebration but seems like this anniversary has nothing to do with anime.
It's confirmed that there's going to be announcements for the anime in the anniversary so its no different than the 20th.

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
What was so special about DP Ash? Other than Chimchar Arc, Paul and Dawn, nothing was so special about DP.

XYZ and SM Ash were better cuz XYZ was badass and SM Ash was cute and funny also won the league.
DP Ash was only good cuz Paul and Chimchar existed

Journeys Ash and BW Ash are the worst Ash. One is just a pathetic cheerleader and the other is an idiot. OS Ash and AG Ash were thousand times better than them

Prove me wrong, folks.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Until it doesn't happen, I'm following that path.
As for Fire, it's not that he needs one, it just seems, umm... weird given he gets every gen. No Grass type in XY, no Water type in SM, yet he still owns more of those typings than Fire

he's never gone with only the regional fire starter either where as in hoenn he only had treecko, and froakie in kalos.

at this point I honestly feel that when it comes to fire/water/grass, instead of capturing something new from those types he should just use his reserves, but that's just my opinion, if the were to give him something of those elements though i hope it's something we least expect to keep up the surprise factor when it comes to his captures.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
What was so special about DP Ash? Other than Chimchar Arc, Paul and Dawn, nothing was so special about DP.

XYZ and SM Ash were better cuz XYZ was badass and SM Ash was cute and funny also won the league.
DP Ash was only good cuz Paul and Chimchar existed

Journeys Ash and BW Ash are the worst Ash. One is just a pathetic cheerleader and the other is an idiot. OS Ash and AG Ash were thousand times better than them

Prove me wrong, folks.
Sure, XY(Z) and SM Ash were great. But the thing is they are really inconsistent as @PsychoLogical pointed out. From OS through DP we see ash gradually get better. Then it’s like he starts all over in Unova.

All I’m saying is that DP Ash was so good that the writers knew the only way he could lose the league was if the Thanos of Pokémon was facing him. Hence why they brought in Tobias.

Status
Not open for further replies.