• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'll be glad if Ash doesn't catch Grookey. I feel a lot of more deserving Pokemon don't get their due in the anime because Ash's team is mostly taken up by starters, the bird and Pikachu. It's nice to see Ash filling his team up with more interesting Pokemon than the overrated & overhyped starters. Personally I would have loved for Ash to have Pokemon-like Passimian/Oranguru, Salazzle, Aurorus, Pyroar etc in the previous regions.
Ironically Gengar, Dragonite, and Lucario are all oversaturated and overhyped as well and are among the most seen mons in the anime (well technically Lucario doesn't have that much appearances but only does due to it always seemingly having alot of focus in every saga since its debut except in SM where it was a jobber) . If you're going to argue that Ash's team shouldn't include starters etc, least make the argument sound entirely serious and not seemingly hypocritical. I don't really like seeing Ash with starters anymore either but this is a very poor reason and statement to make as it can easily be told the other way around.

desdar300

I'll be glad if Ash doesn't catch Grookey. I feel a lot of more deserving Pokemon don't get their due in the anime because Ash's team is mostly taken up by starters, the bird and Pikachu. It's nice to see Ash filling his team up with more interesting Pokemon than the overrated & overhyped starters. Personally I would have loved for Ash to have Pokemon-like Passimian/Oranguru, Salazzle, Aurorus, Pyroar etc in the previous regions.
The reason why there's controversy in the first place is that the team over at olm bother to give Ashley popular Pokemon and then keep them off screen for 80% of the show.
if being popular gets you that I rather not be popular at all

BlazingAsh

Ironically Gengar, Dragonite, and Lucario are all oversaturated and overhyped as well and are among the most seen mons in the anime (well technically Lucario doesn't have that much appearances but only does due to it always seemingly having alot of focus in every saga since its debut except in SM where it was a jobber) . If you're going to argue that Ash's team shouldn't include starters etc, least make the argument sound entirely serious and not seemingly hypocritical. I don't really like seeing Ash with starters anymore either but this is a very poor reason and statement to make as it can easily be told the other way around.
Yes, he filled it with Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario, who are arguably just as overrated and overhyped, if not more so! And by filling half his team with old Pokemon we've seen a million times already, it means Galar gets far less rep than the other regions! ...Why is this better than the status quo again?
I don't think any of the three are overrated. They deserve the hype. Whereas with starters, it becomes predictable what half his team is going to be. Leaving hardly half the team spots for the rest of the Pokemon and making his team too predictable and boring. I would rather have Ash catch the popular Pokemon fans get hyped about than some random Pokemon nobody cares about. My only problem with starters is the predictability of his team. And it's not like the starters are getting any less attention this time because Ash hasn't caught them. Cinderace and Sobble are present in almost every episode. Grookey will be too once it appears.

desdar300

I don't think any of the three are overrated. They deserve the hype. Whereas with starters, it becomes predictable what half his team is going to be. Leaving hardly half the team spots for the rest of the Pokemon and making his team too predictable and boring. I would rather have Ash catch the popular Pokemon fans get hyped about than some random Pokemon nobody cares about. My only problem with starters is the predictability of his team. And it's not like the starters are getting any less attention this time because Ash hasn't caught them. Cinderace and Sobble are present in almost every episode. Grookey will be too once it appears.
I was hyped along with Twitter but a lot of that is basically fading because we don't get to see our favorite Pokemon do anything.
Are prize is that he has them and that's about it

charinija

Pokemon Master
Knowing him, Ash would probably challenge them again specially since there's been changes.

He can get legit matches against Misty, Erika, and Sabrina.

He can face the newer gym leaders Forrest, Janine, and whoever runs the Viridian Gym now.

He can get rematches against Lt. Surge and Blaine.

As for the actual rules, I'm sure each badge has some kind of serial number equivalent that makes them usable once. If it's anything similar to Contest Ribbons, they can last for years as long as you haven't registered them for the grand competition as seen with Johana's old rival in DP. So that means Ash would have to collect them again. Although... I can't see this situation really happen. The only exception is if they make a new game that takes place in Kanto that doesn't follow the old formula and could potentially use different gyms and have newer towns and cities.

For example, Ghost and Dragon would make more sense now to be Gym types instead of Elite Four as there is only one Kanto line for those Pokémon. It would be interesting if they have a Ghost-type Gym in Lavender Town for example or even a Steel type gym that uses the Magnemite line and imported the Alolan Sandshrew line as well. They could actually do a Dark-type gym in Kanto now by importing the Alolan Ratatta, Meowth and Muk lines.

But I got carried away. Short Answer: I think he would have to challenge them again if he wanted another chance in the Indigo League. But I don't think he would do that in the current state of Kanto in the games.
I would love to meet Blaine and Sabrina again.

Blaine will be very hard to beat if Ash doesn't use Charizard.

For example, the current squad Ashhave is forced against Blaine.

Especially Dracovish's water skills will be very important.

I am very curious about Dracovish.

I think it can be a very powerful Pokemon.

One of Sabrina's strongest gym leaders. It's a tough match.

The matches that Ash will play without grass and fire type will be enjoyable.

charinija

Pokemon Master
The third opening Grookey jump over Gogh first, then Ash.

I was already guessing that Grookey would be gets to Goh.

I think it was good.

Ash can get almost like a legendary pokemon Toxicity or a legend like Blaziken from old starters.

I was very sorry for Sobble. But Grookey doesn't matter.

Sobble's escape was a huge disappointment. It was perfect for Ash with fast, strong, cool features.

intellion i think best starter in gen8

Ibrahim Saidu

The third opening Grookey jump over Gogh first, then Ash.

I was already guessing that Grookey would be gets to Goh.

I think it was good.

Ash can get almost like a legendary pokemon Toxicity or a legend like Blaziken from old starters.

I was very sorry for Sobble. But Grookey doesn't matter.

Sobble's escape was a huge disappointment. It was perfect for Ash with fast, strong, cool features.

intellion i think best starter in gen8
The opening scene of Grookey jumping on Goh first then Ash doesn't guarantee that Goh will get. Let's just wait for the full summary and the episode itself to know who gets Grookey

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I agree with @BlazingAsh
Ash always having starters and a bird in his team was getting too boring
This atleast spices things up and gives some originality
Like what's the use of constantly seeing starters in every damn team he had? They are so boring seeing the same grass fire water powerhouse over and over again
I don't get the Gengar Lucario dragonite being popular so they are "oversaturated" argument? They are a new variety for Ash and it's fun to see him utilize new stuff, as rare as it is, it's breaking the status quo, which was sorely needed. Wish they continue this always for Ash and keep making his team unique
Also Galar starters are getting plenty focus, heck id daresay put forward that it's better than any other region
I know they are debuting late but they are receiving so much focus and screentime when they do, scorbunny to cinderace had an arc, sobble has an arc and is gonna involve into inteleon pretty much
Goh is developing them well

nickdt

I agree with @BlazingAsh
Ash always having starters and a bird in his team was getting too boring
This atleast spices things up and gives some originality
Like what's the use of constantly seeing starters in every damn team he had? They are so boring seeing the same grass fire water powerhouse over and over again
I don't get the Gengar Lucario dragonite being popular so they are "oversaturated" argument? They are a new variety for Ash and it's fun to see him utilize new stuff, as rare as it is, it's breaking the status quo, which was sorely needed. Wish they continue this always for Ash and keep making his team unique
Also Galar starters are getting plenty focus, heck id daresay put forward that it's better than any other region
I know they are debuting late but they are receiving so much focus and screentime when they do, scorbunny to cinderace had an arc, sobble has an arc and is gonna involve into inteleon pretty much
Goh is developing them well

I mean, him always getting Flying and Fighting types (Which are the types he owns the most of), isn't boring? They don't give any originality to him at all.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean, him always getting Flying and Fighting types (Which are the types he owns the most of), isn't boring? They don't give any originality to him at all.
They are atleast other unique mons instead of the starters
Dragonite is flying but it isn't like a regional bird, it's a dragon
Lucario and Farfetch'd are so different than any other fighting types he has owned
I don't necessarily have a problem with type overlaps since ash owns every type, more so mons continuously from the same group
I was tired of seeing starters on his team every Saga

charinija

Pokemon Master
The opening scene of Grookey jumping on Goh first then Ash doesn't guarantee that Goh will get. Let's just wait for the full summary and the episode itself to know who gets Grookey
Of course not a guarantee. But yesterday, the photo of Goh and Grookey indicates that he will probably go to Goh.

Actually, I thought they were going to do Grookey to Ash. Because once Farfetch evolves, Ash will no longer have evolved pokemon on his hand.

Toxel or Impidimp would give me a clue. For example, yesterday I was thinking that ash could catch Impidimp. I was wrong about that.

I think Grookey has little chance of Ash anymore.

But it is not a problem. There are far better pokemons he can get.

Ibrahim Saidu

Of course not a guarantee. But yesterday, the photo of Goh and Grookey indicates that he will probably go to Goh.

Actually, I thought they were going to do Grookey to Ash. Because once Farfetch evolves, Ash will no longer have evolved pokemon on his hand.

Toxel or Impidimp would give me a clue. For example, yesterday I was thinking that ash could catch Impidimp. I was wrong about that.

I think Grookey has little chance of Ash anymore.

But it is not a problem. There are far better pokemons he can get.
The photo from the magazine doesn't mean anything. We don't even the full summary yet. Let's not jump into conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.