• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The fact that Gary's VA seems like she only just got done recording her lines gives me the impression that Gary's Returning Episode hasn't even been Animated yet
(In Animation, normally you record lines before you start animating to match lip movements and such)

Yeah it's gonna be a good while before we see Gary in the show

AsH KetcHHup

Garry probably be part of a massive isle of armour arc which is probably where g farfetch'd will evolve too. I can see them doing another double evolution for the Wiikstrom episode but i'd rather they not.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The fact that Gary's VA seems like she only just got done recording her lines gives me the impression that Gary's Returning Episode hasn't even been Animated yet
(In Animation, normally you record lines before you start animating to match lip movements and such)

Yeah it's gonna be a good while before we see Gary in the show
Preeeeeeetty sure it's the opposite in Japan.

Samurott

I'll be glad if Ash doesn't catch Grookey. I feel a lot of more deserving Pokemon don't get their due in the anime because Ash's team is mostly taken up by starters, the bird and Pikachu. It's nice to see Ash filling his team up with more interesting Pokemon than the overrated & overhyped starters. Personally I would have loved for Ash to have Pokemon-like Passimian/Oranguru, Salazzle, Aurorus, Pyroar etc in the previous regions.
I agree so much, I'm glad that they didn't give Ash just the usual and instead focused on types that he had less of. Dragon, Ghost, Poison, Fighting, Steel, and even Psychic and Fairy if you want to count Mimey. And the fact that he just so happened to catch some popular Pokemon should have no bearing on the fact that they decided to mix things up a bit.
Wait really?
I remember during the SM anime (I think), there was an episode with guest voice actors, and they aired a little thing where they showed how they record voices, so I think they write the script first, animate, and then record lines.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
EuDitBUXcAooxqf

Grookey seems to be interested in Gou but let's not go jumping to conclusions yet

Wow, volume 2 is covering the doggos and Darkest Day already. That's fast specially considering volume 1 ended with Raboot's evolution.

I really feel bad for Machito Gomi with how much he has to juggle the episode contents to fit in the manga.

Either way, will be getting my copy later this month once it launches. I even postponned other purchases so I can get everything together.

As for the image itself, Cinderace looks great here. Bonus points for no Lucario :)

Whats wrong with their faces? Derpy

It's from the manga adaption which is written and draw by Machito Gomi.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I think it be Bull if goh caught grookey and not ash since ash is a main character too
The series has been breaking trends lately, maybe they considered the starters a trend they didn't want to keep.

Lucario has been non-existent since JN048. JN051 and JN053 was barely anything when it appeared.

It's kind of funny, a lot of people thought he'd be a screenhog after the Riolu days, but right now he's in the backseat with Dragonite and Gengar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.