• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!
so what's with the vaporeon since Chloe's eevee can't evolve and Lana isn't a main character anymore what's the point unless goh catches it

ShadowForce720

I miss watching episodes focused on Ash.

Yesterday the episode was a complete disappointment. We watched Ash and Goh's battle, not Ash's battle.

Goh is not up to challenge the E4 level.

Yes, he can be a collector. But Ash has to do the war parts.
Except it wasn’t a actual full battle and they quickly shifted Goh to be focused on getting the Key from Klefki while Ash on took on Wikistrom.

The episode was focus on Ash and his Farfetch’d. Just because Goh participated doesn’t mean he was the main focus and just because he isn’t a collector doesn’t mean he can participate in some of the competitions.

I mean heck Dawn was focus on Contest and yet she was the one to battle Maylwne first to get her out of her depression. Also despite Ash being focus on gym battles while May and Dawn were focus on Contest he did participate in contests, as he participated in one towards the end of AG and did participate in more of them in DP because of his Aipom.

Heck he even participated in the Wallace Cup even though it was supposed to be focused on Dawn.

It’s pretty obvious that the main reason why he participated in this was because his Scyther wanted to participate similar to how Ash entered some contest because his Aipom wanted to.

It’s not taboo for Goh to participate in something just because battling is involved especially when this isn’t even related to the PWC.

There isn’t a need or a point to get up in arms over Goh participating in a competition or training just because it happens to have a degree of battling.

Ash and his Farfetch’d were the main focus focus of the episode as they did get development and Farfetch’d learn a new move, while didn’t really get that much attention and no just because Goh’s Scyther evolved in the last few seconds of the episode does not mean he was getting the same level of focus as Ash in the episode.

I can understand not liking Goh or hating him but to act like he should be bar from participating in anything that has any amount of battling is ridiculous, especially when other characters have gotten a pass for participating in things more related to another characters goal.

BobbbidyBob

If elite 4 are regional champions, does that make Ash an elite 4 member?

ShadowForce720

so what's with the vaporeon since Chloe's eevee can't evolve and Lana isn't a main character anymore what's the point unless goh catches it
Just because Lana isn’t a main character anymore doesn’t mean her Eevee can’t evolve or she can’t get a team change.

As may you remind you of the fact that even though Brock wasn’t a main character anymore that didn’t prevent him from getting a Comfey during SM.

AsH KetcHHup

The only thing that kind of pushes me away of Lana getting a vaporeon is the fact that Sandy has hair. During SM, they clearly did not want it to evolve. Will they do it this series? Maybe. I don't think Sandy having hair doesn't mean it will most certainly not evolve but I want to hear what other people say.

esquilo09

I wouldn't mind Ash catching a Galarian Mr. Mime to be quite honest. While they split both Farfetch'd between the boys, Goh does own both Exeggutor forms. Ash needs another Ice-type. Personally, tho, I prefer other choices for him like Beartic, Alolan Sandslash, Walrein, or Aurorus, the interactions and jealousy from Mimey, would be hilarious. Mimey and Icy.
I'd prefer Weavile and G-Darmanitan over A-Sandslash and Walrein.

How popular is Beartic?

Master Pikachu 11

The only thing that kind of pushes me away of Lana getting a vaporeon is the fact that Sandy has hair. During SM, they clearly did not want it to evolve. Will they do it this series? Maybe. I don't think Sandy having hair doesn't mean it will most certainly not evolve but I want to hear what other people say.
I don’t think that it is going to evolve, if it was then they could have easily gave her the team change back in the Alola episode, instead of waiting later in this series to give her a team change, even though it could happen, but I still doubt it.

nickdt

Just because Lana isn’t a main character anymore doesn’t mean her Eevee can’t evolve or she can’t get a team change.

As may you remind you of the fact that even though Brock wasn’t a main character anymore that didn’t prevent him from getting a Comfey during SM.

Heck, May got three team changes despite not being a main character when she got Venusaur, Wartortle and Glaceon.

ShadowForce720

And also, Vaporeon is unlikely to be Goh's because he would want to have the Eeveelutions as a complete set rather than only catch one.
That’s not even remotely accurate as by that logic Goh should have the entire Wurmple line already and yet he is still missing Silcoon and Beautifly even though has has 3 Dustox.

So no, Goh would not have to get a complete set to get an Eeveelution.

DuskAstral

If elite 4 are regional champions, does that make Ash an elite 4 member?
It is not.
Winning the league doesn't mean becoming a member of E4 (after all, the anime never stated what it takes to become one).
However, in Sinnoh, the Champions League is mentioned in the episode with Lucian, so maybe it is there that you have to win to become part of this organization.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
And also, Vaporeon is unlikely to be Goh's because he would want to have the Eeveelutions as a complete set rather than only catch one.
What do you think he's going to do, walk into a group of eeveelutions which just so happen to be together and toss a bag full of Pokeballs at them all?

I know his captures aren't handled particularly well, but thinking he'd get all eeveelutions at once is a bit of a stretch..

Red and Blue

What do you think he's going to do, walk into a group of eeveelutions which just so happen to be together and toss a bag full of Pokeballs at them all?

I know his captures aren't handled particularly well, but thinking he'd get all eeveelutions at once is a bit of a stretch..
Sure why not? There could be an anime exclusive location that inhabited by Eevee and their evolved forms. It's not the first time he got a "set" since he got all of the Kanto Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.