• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm starting to think that this is the end of Ash's story and Go will completely replace him as the main protagonist starting in the Gen 9 saga.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I still hope we see Marnie as Ash's main rival

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Depends on who's doing what if ash is going to galar to gyms I see him getting a full team. Probably the other 2 starter's and hopefully corviknight

If he travels with Gou then I don't think he will catch much. Instead rotating his old pokes and training them.

I'm getting the feeling this is the 'movie-Ash' that was intrpduced in "I choose you". His bio mentions and encounter - and I'm more inclined that's the movie version encounter rather then that brief cameo of Ho-oh 20 years ago.

As for pokemon, I'd say Grookey and Sobble. Don't really see anything else in the Gen8 line up that would fit.

Revolver Furious Dragon

The big question is the galar starter. There going to be on the cast early but that raises the question of how. Either they go to galar first or they find them on the other regions somehow.

Maybe and egg could work for one

I can see Ash getting Piplup instead of a Galar starter if they really want to promote hypothetical Sinnoh remakes.

No. Just no.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Go is probably our excuse to go to other regions and feature them. If you're going to catch them all, you might as well go to their native regions and catch them there.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm thinking that Ash isn't getting any of the Galar starters because I think that if he was then they would be right beside him on the poster because of how marketable the starters are.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I just want the answer of what ash is going to do in all these old regions. Maybe rematches with gym leaders in preparation for something? Or just for training purposes, to train up his whole team?

Or is he going to be a tag along like Brock?

Zariful

Depending on how all the regions are involved, I could see Ash bringing back the classics. Also bromingo this is literally the first poster. That’s really not enough to say yeah I don’t think Ash is getting any Galar starters.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I really don't understand, in the event we see older companions, why we would do the "all regions" gimmick if we're following a new version of Ash. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but the older audience might not have the same connection to the new versions of Ash's companions while the young audience might brush them off at CotDs.

JC317

How about this, Ash ends up catching nothing in this series as Gou catches every single Pokemon they encounter before Ash even gets the chance to do anything

You want to bond with the Pokemon before you catch it, Ash?
Too bad, Gou's already caught it while you were pondering

/jk

Revolver Furious Dragon

I'm thinking that Ash isn't getting any of the Galar starters because I think that if he was then they would be right beside him on the poster because of how marketable the starters are.

That right there is why he is getting them. There marketable so there going to be on the main cast. Unless you think Gou has all 3 then ash is getting at least one

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I wonder how long this thread will get and how off are predictions will be (I doubt anyone expected Mythicals would end up on the main cast).

I’m thinking Corviknight (and by extension, its pre evolved forms), Sobble/Grookey, and Drednaw. Maybe Rolycoly and the regional bug

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That right there is why he is getting them. There marketable so there going to be on the main cast. Unless you think Gou has all 3 then ash is getting at least one
It's possible that there is a 3rd companion who is getting both, or both are going to TR.

VoltTacklingPika

So hypothetically speaking, if this is a different version of Ash... would that mean all his old companions and old Pokemon turn out to be different, too?

Say, for instance, that this is M20/21 Ash, who technically didn't travel to all the same places.

It would be a shame if they went to old place yet didn't bring back the characters and Pokemon we all know and love in some capacity.

Or perhaps I'm overthinking that. It could just be this is new information about Ash's past that simply hasn't been explained yet.

Revolver Furious Dragon

It's possible that there is a 3rd companion who is getting both, or both are going to TR.
The starters are not going to TR. Drop it. That's never happening. The starters are to popular to be TR pokemon, which are usually treated as jokes who constantly lose

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So hypothetically speaking, if this is a different version of Ash... would that mean all his old companions and old Pokemon turn out to be different, too?

Say, for instance, that this is M20/21 Ash, who technically didn't travel to all the same places.

It would be a shame if they went to old place yet didn't bring back the characters and Pokemon we all know and love in some capacity.

Or perhaps I'm overthinking that. It could just be this is new information about Ash's past that simply hasn't been explained yet.
Ash did see Ho-oh briefly in the first episode, so it might refer to that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.