• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Eh I'm gonna continue dying on this hill with Ash-Absol, just cause I'm negative af :>

Absol for Goh
Piplup for Chloe
Ash got nothing since this is not his anime
Hmm... Got an idea for an Ash Capture? *Cough*Mawile*Cough*

*Cough*Tropius*Cough*

to make up for Ash not catching a Mawile when he was during His Time in Hoenn Region, or at least better, Tropius when he was doing his time in Hoenn Region.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think Piplup will join the main cast at all. Koharu already has 2-3 pokemon assuming she gets the Galarian Ponyta later. I don't see why they would give her so many captures if she is rarely showcased.

Go hasn't gotten any pre-Galar starters yet and I don't think that will change. It's also possible the girl with the Piplup/Croagunk from the 8th episode will appear again.
I don't know why they would promote her alongside Ash, Gou, and Koharu.

World Turtle

Seeing as how tightly knit together the Satoshi team is in that image I'd assume neither Piplup nor Absol would go to him (unless they deliberately wanna avoid spoiling which I don't really see a reason for if they're including them in the image to begin with)

I'm inclined to agree, but then again we have Goh's Misdreavus and Morelull as well as G-Ponyta, Morpeko, and (Raihan's?) Duraludon on "Ash's side". So they might be mixing it up just a bit. They could have also placed Absol on Goh's side due to space issues and wanting to get a good shot of him rather then squeeze him in next to Dragonite.

Chole's Yamper and Eevee are also on Goh's side.

I'm going to try and stay calm though. I'm not getting my hopes up again.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
On the contrary i think you are being optimistic with Ash-absol. The pessimist in me just cant let me think of absol and ash lol
I just like being contrarian. Also combined with that it's actually very unrealistic that Vish is the last that he'll get for this entire saga even if people either hate to admit it or refuse to acknowledge or accept it for obvious reasons.

nickdt

I've already said it but I'll say it again, Ash will be the one to catch Absol. Piplup can go to either Goh or Chloe.

I doubt Goh gets Piplup until Drizzile has been fully evolved and Grookey has evolved at least once.

However, that Piplup is most likely Dawns anyways. We had some Sirfetch'd and Drizzile merch for months before and we only getting/got them recently. So even if Piplup is on merch, it doesn't guarantee it shows up soon.

Heck, Gary and Iris showed up in that new opening in January (I think it was) and they most likely won't come before May, which means 5 months later.

The problem the writers will get if they give Ash Piplup is also this: If they give him the complete Sinnoh set, fans are gonna demand he completes the Hoenn and Kalos set as well.

Last edited:

Icy-Snowflake

Guys check this out

Anipoke Twitter account posted this!

It seems like Absol and Piplup might play bigger roles than we thought!

Otherwise it seems odd to group them in with Ash, Gou, Chloe, Leon and Raihan's Pokémon doesn't it?

Ash - Lucario, Gengar, Dragonite, Sirfetch'd, Dracovish
Gou- Cinderace, Sobble, Grookey, Scizor, Misdreavus, Skwovet
Chloe - Yamper, Eevee, G. Ponyta (?)
Leon - Charizard
Raihan - Duraludon
Morpeko - Team Rocket

So where do Absol and Piplup fit into this?

Get your Capture Speculations started!
They really forgot Skwovet evolved a few episodes ago, didn't they?
Also Goh's Morelull. Wouldn't be surprised if Goh caught G-Ponyta, Morpeko, Piplup and Absol.

Right. I’m ready for my Apple buddies and punk salamanders
Add bear cub and blockhead and Snom too

Status
Not open for further replies.