• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't get how Cinderace being Goh's means without a doubt he won't be staying further when with how Cinderace story has been setup they could easily have Goh release him to take care of some mons or something and begin the next series anew with a gen 9 Mon
I think the major concrete evidence is that they seem to have set up an endgame for him with Sonia and that project mew is one week
But using the Cinderace reason is lame as hell and a weak reasoning to be so close minded that everyone who's saying he might stay are wrong
Don't even need that since the Raboot farewell fake out episode kind of showed he wants to be with Goh.

We are talking about the bunny who went a long way just to reach Goh and become his pokémon and then stick with him even after the initial refusal.

The current setup leads me to believe that if, for some reason, Goh needs to be send off to gen9 region with Ash and not be allowed to use his previous critters, they'll just have Cinderace become the Bulbasaur of Cerize lab. We get a believable way of having him not be around Goh and double down on the whole gimmick of Ash and Goh mirroring each other.

BlazingAsh

They could easily let Goh catch the next gen starters when the next gen game arrives.
But I think they'll do another soft reboot as Ash will be done with the PWC and battling Leon can't be his goal forever.

AxelJade

Whenever the anime decides to do complete reboot with all new characters, I hope they do it only after they have made Ash battle all the regions' Elite four and champions.
Not likely to happen in our lifetimes, dude. The whole reason the anime hasn't done that yet already is because Ash is marketable. People recognize Ash as THE Pokémon Trainer. So it doesn't matter if you're just getting into Pokémon or have been into Pokémon for years. You WILL either watch the anime or buy merchandise based off of the anime because Ash helps make it more immediately recognizable or comfortable as Pokémon. Replacing the entire cast for a reset to zero, or even just replacing protagonists within the same continuity, would just be counterproductive to those goals.

At least, that's what marketing and business wisdom would suggest.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

That’s not the point. Cinderace being a starter only matters for now where it’s at the apex of its popularity. In a hypothetical situation where Go is going to Gen 9’s series/region, he isn’t obligated to keep it or it could be in a situation like Ash’s Kanto starters in Johto where they stayed until they were phased out for other Pokémon. Being a starter doesn’t guarantee you get better treatment either otherwise Charizard & Greninja would’ve been back. Getting different treatment as a starter doesn’t save you from being replaced by the next set of new Pokémon .
There is a difference between Cinderrace’s situation and Greninja and Charizard’s situation. Cinderrace as I said before is pretty much the Pikachu of his team unlike those two, he is Goh’s first Pokémon that he caught and his main partner. The only reason it works with Ash, when it comes to the starter mons that he has caught is because none of them were his first Pokémon that he started his journey with. Pikachu is a starter Pokémon and Ash’s main partner and he travels with Ash everywhere, the same applies with Cinderrace as it is the Pokémon that helped Goh in getting his journey started and it travels with Goh on every journey that he goes to. It would be like Dawn not having Piplup with her in her return episodes. It just does not sit well with me to see him just leave his partner at the lab in order to stay on this series and promote the new Gen starters.
And I think it can happen. Satoshi is not the only one who wants to beat the World Champion, so the possibility of someone getting ahead of him exists.
Yeah pretty much every Master of 8 member wants to beat Leon, and Ash will take on Leon at series end, but even if he doesn’t beat him even though I still believe that he will. But if he doesn’t and we go with your line of thinking then I think that it would be bad story telling to have some Champion from Gen 9 come in out of no where to defeat Leon and then make Ash’s goal of defeating Leon like it is mentioned before every episode and when Ash mentions it in many episodes to re establish his goal to make it pointless just so they can continue this world traveling concept.

ImBeVillain

GengaTuber Official [Youtube Channel]
And I think it can happen. Satoshi is not the only one who wants to beat the World Champion, so the possibility of someone getting ahead of him exists.
If that were the case, there would be a huge wave of hates against writers, even more than Goh.

desdar300

Why build up Leon this entire time only to have him torn down and by extension cucking Ash?
From a writing standpoint it's ludicrous and we the audience would have absolutely no investment in this fight because it wasn't built up.
And as Almighty zard has stated there would literally be nothing stopping him from just remathing this person.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Best girl Dawn, Infernape/Ash/Paul, Alolan fam <3
The person that the story is actually following is the Narrator. We are seeing everything through his eyes. He has been spying on Ash and his friends this whole time; hiding in trees, bushes, closets, and has managed to remain un-noticed by the characters throughout every journey. This is very relevant.
Suddenly the scenes where we see Ash and his friends sleeping become horrifying

AxelJade

The person that the story is actually following is the Narrator. We are seeing everything through his eyes. He has been spying on Ash and his friends this whole time; hiding in trees, bushes, closets, and has managed to remain un-noticed by the characters throughout every journey. This is very relevant.
THAT'S when Ash is gonna finally step out and leave the show. Not because his character has reached a satisfying conclusion or because it's finally decided he's past his expiration date. When he finally sees the narrator, and it becomes clear he knows too much. At that point, he must be ushered out of the story and replaced with a different character who still does not realize the truth.

Rune Knight

He's the one who opened the window and made grookey sleep in Goh's arms! :p

Yeah, I figure that he probably sabotaged a lot of the events that influenced Ash and his friends journeys.

In fact, he was the one who took Bulbasaur and Charmander from Professor Oak in order to force Ash into getting a Pikachu, by disguising himself as two separate 10 year olds.

The guy is also a Master at disguise.

In fact.....

He was Tobias.

AxelJade

Yeah, I figure that he probably sabotaged a lot of the events that influenced Ash and his friends journeys.

In fact, he was the one who took Bulbasaur and Charmander from Professor Oak in order to force Ash into getting a Pikachu, by disguising himself as two separate 10 year olds.

The guy is also a Master at disguise.

In fact.....

He was Tobias.
DUN DUN DUN