• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I still want Ash to get a Dreepy to be the little bro to Dragonite and Gengar.
Not like we can rule the former out as another roster addition anyways.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I doubt Goh gets Piplup until Drizzile has been fully evolved and Grookey has evolved at least once.

However, that Piplup is most likely Dawns anyways. We had some Sirfetch'd and Drizzile merch for months before and we only getting/got them recently. So even if Piplup is on merch, it doesn't guarantee it shows up soon.

Heck, Gary and Iris showed up in that new opening in January (I think it was) and they most likely won't come before May, which means 5 months later.

The problem the writers will get if they give Ash Piplup is also this: If they give him the complete Sinnoh set, fans are gonna demand he completes the Hoenn and Kalos set as well.
I don't think that they would promote Dawn like this unless she joins the main cast full-time.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My vote is on this poster just being random imagery mixing pokémon the gang has with some popular ones like Piplup and Charizard.

I assume its from ep 50 as you can see Mr Fish on Ash's Rotom Phone.
Abomination fossil ep.
Thank you.

Honestly, my mind completly blanked and I couldn't remember if that scene was in the actual episode.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Why wouldn't they start promoting the appearance of a protagonist from the newest remake early on? Everyone already knows and loves Dawn, so they can hype her appearance for ages and people will eat it up..
She might not even be returning.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Even if she were showing up they wouldn't promote Piplup without her so early. We haven't even seen Iris or Gary yet and they've been in the opening since January.
And I don't expect Gou to get it as he currently has Grookey for his cute marketable starter, and Koharu does nothing so why give Piplup to her?

ShadowForce720

Let's be real, either he gets the piplup or Absol, there's no way he can get both of them.
This is the same series where Ash got Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu, and Galarian Farfetch’d in the span of just 17 episodes.

So Ash getting both Piplup and Absol is by no means a Farfetch’d idea. Sure it’s not guaranteed that that he will get both, but it is definitely possible that he could get both , just like how it’s possible that he could get just one of them or neither of them.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Koharu "doing nothing" didn't prevent her from catching Eevee. And she has been appearing more as of late.
But still, she has no goal, and I don't expect her to get many more captures unless she is promoted to the main cast and gets a goal for herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.