• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Iris looks really cute and much better in the New Artstyle. It is clear they are drawing her face more softer this time and made her eyes less robotic. I never found her this cute in BW Anime while I absolutely adored her Game Artwork.

This is more proof that the New Artstyle is much much better than the OS-XY one. The Female Characters look much more cuter, heck remember Lana's Mom? Olivia? Kiawe's Mom? Heck, even Delia looks hotter in the SM/PM Artstyle than she looked in OS-XY. And there are many other examples. I have a feeling that once Serena Returns and is drawn in this Artstyle, many fans will open up to it more, so I am looking forward to it.
Or they will be salty and say that they ruined her design with the new artstyle lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Why are people so deadset there's Masters promotion in the show? There just isn't any.

Gary is Ash's original rival and the show is aiming for nostalgia.

Iris was voiced by superstar voice actress Aoi Yuuki and as a character she is apparently popular on Japan.

It end it's more of those marketing stunts the current series particulary loves to use.
My point is that every major human character who has made a well-publicized comeback in this series is present in Masters or at least has an obvious counterpart in that game in the case of Shigeru, so they indirectly help promote the game whether that's on intentional or not. And considering that the anime is more about promoting things and making money than it is about telling a cohesive story, I don't see why they'd bring back a forgettable anime-only character like Yuji whose presence wouldn't affect anything.

Master Pikachu 11

If you're implying an evolution scenario, I think that's highly unlikely given that Eievui is arguably more popular than Showers is: even Nymphia, Glacia, and Blacky were more popular than Showers in the popularity poll, not that I expect Koharu's Eievui to become of those, either.
I’m in no way implying evolution, please re read my post again. I believe that Chloe could catch a wild one since her Eevee is riding on top of it and it would make the most sense since Grookey is riding on Dewgong which are both of Goh’s and Pikachu is riding on Dracovish which are both of Ash’s. Another possibility is that the Vaporeon is part of the Eevee lab that Eevee came from and Chloe could asks the scientists if their Vaporeon would be willing to team up with Chloe and Eevee so that they can compete because she doesn’t have a water type.
I'm hoping it's Lana's Vaporeon. Though really any place is better than Vermilion City, lol
I doubt that we will go back to Alola just for a water contest, as there are so many other things that they can do, but if it is then I don’t mind to be proven wrong. But if not Vermillion then they could be in Sinnoh since it’s been a while since we were there.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
But Gary and Iris weren't created for Masters. They've always been there. Their game counterparts were champions for calling out loud. They being in the show promotes the games they originally appeared in more than a spin-off.

And I'm saying that as a Masters fan, avid player and ocassionally Wailord (CAN QUITE ANYTIME I WANT)

esquilo09

Now that I've seen the scan, since Iris appears in the forest, then I was wrong about her owning that Absol, since it appears in a rocky area(probably a mountain).

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
But Gary and Iris weren't created for Masters. They've always been there. Their game counterparts were champions for calling out loud. They being in the show promotes the games they originally appeared in more than a spin-off.

And I'm saying that as a Masters fan, avid player and ocassionally Wailord (CAN QUITE ANYTIME I WANT)
Well duh, but as leonhart said, it INDIRECTLY promotes master by having the same characters. Nobody is actually saying they are appearing BECAUSE of master promotion by any degree. Just that using game characters makes more sense than drake. I’m pretty sure the only reason master’s was even brought up was because it’s the most relevant game where the characters show up right now anyways.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Iris's Seiyuu is freakin Aoi Yuki, probably one of the most popular seiyuus out there. Best Wishes! got Yuki-san as Seiyuu for Iris long before she even became popular. I believe she was only 18 or 19 when she voiced Iris. I remember there was a general Anime Poll three years ago in 2018 which asked "Which Characters Voice do you want to hear again?"... Iris ranked 24th on that poll. To be clear this poll isn't a win for Iris, the character itself but more on so for the Seiyuu. It is clear this is why she is returning. More on, Aoi Yuki herself seems to be a huge Fan of the Pokemon Franchise itself and still tweets about the Video Games & Masters. I'd expect Iris to be like Korrina, just returning as a COTD who happens to be in the PWC rather than a long-term rival.

And also, if you happened to dislike Iris's "You are such a kid!" catchphrase in the Dub, I suggest you watch the Original Japanese, there is nothing annoying in that. The Entirety fault of that certain problem many people had with Best Wishes! had to do with the Dub's complete incompetence and English Language Cringe rather than a fault of the show itself.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I kinda miss anipoke lol
I've been hospitalised due to covid 2 days back and will probably remain here for a few more days and I'm actually really craving this wholesome series, despite all its fault it's still fun to watch even if the next episode is Plusle and minun
Come back soon anipoke :(
I hope u feel better soon❤️
Be here with us in the mintime. Pokemon helps us in these times

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
More on, Aoi Yuki herself seems to be a huge Fan of the Pokemon Franchise itself and still tweets about the Video Games & Masters
Surprised she didn't played Iris on Masters. Sure it's different versions but her Masters VA is certainly trying to mimic how Aoi did the anime version.

Aoi's only credit in that game appears to be Leaf's Eevee and it's most likely archive audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.