1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

They will appear and will probably go to Ash, the starters are usually the most marketable Pokémon of every new Gen, besides if old Pokémon being able to be captured and a single location being used as the home base, I would not be shocked if they decide not to give Ash a limit of just 5 Pokémon anymore.

Zoruagible, Leonhart and esquilo09 like this.
  2. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

I'd actually be pretty happy if Satoshi didn't get any Galar starter, THAT'd be a cool break in trends, and I don't think any of them would be a great loss in terms of desings. But I'm sure he'll get at least one (hopefully Grookie, that was my pick so I have some investment in it at least), it's just taking longer cause the show isn't 100% focused on Galar (i mean we already got one in the main cast since ep 6, and Satoshi has taken longer to get some starters in the past, like Litten in ep 21, Chimchar in the 50's, and Johto were pretty spread out).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  3. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

He's not going to get all of them and that many different Poke Balls. It's Go who's catching lots of Pokemon. If you don't think he's going to catch all of them and those are just Pokemon you'd like him to catch, that list is kind of long.

What?

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  4. TomRC121991

TomRC121991 Well-Known Member

It was just my thought of something.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  5. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

I will admit THAT is a big part of why Dragonite's capture bothered me so much. Dragonite would often replace Charizard in betrayal fics when all of Ash's Pokemon turn against him.

Lucario (because of M08 and Aura Sphere Riolu) and Gengar (because of OS Haunter) make sense on some level, but Dragonite? It was always such a Final Boss level Pokemon or a rival for Charizard like with Iris's that the idea of Ash getting one never really crossed my mind.

Though if they're trying to expend on his previous teams' type coverage with Mr. Mime giving the Kanto lineup Psychic/Fairy and Dragonite giving the Kanto lineup the Dragon-type. ...he's the only Dragon-type in Kanto so not much they can do about it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  6. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I personally just really like Sarunori, so that's one of the reasons why I'd want Satoshi to get one. I admit that it's a biased point of view since I'm aware that the Galar Starters aren't integral to Satoshi's development, but at least I can admit that I have selfish reasons for wanting Satoshi to get one.

Spider-Phoenix and KenzeyEevee like this.
  8. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

And he's most certainly getting Kubfu on top of the starter(s)
    I think it's obvious he'll get more than six, especially with how quickly he'll be reaching a team of 5(Doesn't help he had two from the getgo). Compared to XY and SM where it took an eternity and a half for him to actually get a 5th and he never even had 6 at a time(The Leagues don't count lmao, and even if they did that was only 2 episodes in SM) which was as the best rival would put it "Pathetic"

If it weren't for Sobble, I'd agree. But Ash needs more fully evolved Water starters, actually Water types in general lol
    Grass and Fire can both take a seat in all honesty, but I'd still like for Ash to get Victini and Phantump!

Ew. I'll never understand how those are so damn popular

But yeah, his team is looking very fanfic-y right now. Everybody and their dog gives him Lucarionot me, and a good chunk do fully evolved Pokemon captures, retcon captures(only Mimey instead of Meloetta or somebody else), all that's missing is giving him a legendary for no reason

9. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

I have a theory, what if that poster showing, Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar and Scyther means that Go will use Scyther against Gengar?

Btw an official plush toy finally reveals Cubone's real face.

Leonhart likes this.
  10. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

being forced to watch Ash constantly capture and only use new gen pokemon is equally as bad if you ask me, the first couple of times it was fine, but starting with Unova it felt overdone.

Now hey had replaced Ash and got someone else to do it, I wouldn't feel that way, but I don't think we'll ever know why the pokemon anime won't pull the trigger like most other "monster" animes like Yugioh, Digimon,and Beyblade have by using new casts and leads, so since we're stuck with the same guy i'd like to see some actual growth that sticks instead of pushing a reset button each region.

having Ash actually capture stuff that people don't expect make things more interesting, because it breaks down the restrictive walls this show's been using for so long.

For the record I have no problem with "popular" pokemon being caught, because there are pokemon who stick out compared to the rest, you can't expect equality out of this anime, because it's something that we never see.

I didn't think breaking from the status quo effectively means we've entered fanfic territory.

RLC, BabaVanga, DuquÊ? and 1 other person like this.
  11. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

Y'know, it'd be more courteous to actually post the thing.

[​IMG]

Is this thing even official
    ? Seems sketchy to me.

12. Red and Blue

That's more or less what I was expecting. Pretty unremarkable

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

If that Karakara plushie is real, then Karakara's true face is very reminiscent of Lizardon's face. It looks much cuter with the skull mask on, though.

14. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

The problem I had with it wasn't the fact he was catching new Pokemon. It was the fact that he was generally following the same set up from Kanto (aka Pikachu, Grass/Water/Fire trio, the regional bird, and a wild card). I understand why they did it (marketing purposes), but I really wished they had allowed him to have more variance among his captures.

15. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

It is licensed by The Pokémon Company, so it's official.

16. Egakor

Egakor Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    KenzeyEevee likes this.
  17. Red and Blue

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  18. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Caulifla v.s. _______

That would be a disappointment, but not unexpected since girls aren't allowed to have battling goals.

wolf jani likes this.
  19. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

In Japan, girls are (usually) expected to give boys chocolate for Valentine's Day.

It's just a cute holiday image and shouldn't be taken to mean anything.

20. Red and Blue

In that case I guess the cake is meant for Ash, Go, and her dad
    Well May and Dawn's goals involved battling at least