1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

Gou potentially with the current gen pika clone? Kind would rather see goth girl show up with it.

RLC, Ubermuk, Zoruagible and 2 others like this.
  2. MegaSalamence05

MegaSalamence05 Well-Known Member

I really like this thought by @Rohanator

So with Gengar and its mischievous and its malicious ways, it seems that's its lonely and as a Ghost type it can be quantified. With Dragonite and its affectionate personality the dynamic between Dragonite and Gengar are distinct Polar opposites. One being an affectionate loveable Pokemon, the other being a malicious darker, grittier Pokemon.

As the series progresses Dragonite will presumably learn Outrage and this is where some of the role reversal comes into play. As Dragonite just recently evolved from a Dragonair it doesn't know it's full strength and loses control and becomes a more unhinged Pokemon like Gengar at this present moment.

The role reversal would be with a presumption that Ash catches Gengar. Gengar would show Dragonite how to contain its strength.

So props to Rohanator on this theory and I can see it happen.

BabaVanga likes this.
  3. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

Yes! You got the trouble maker Gengar who's kept in check by the chill Dragonite, perhaps the whole hugging gimmick could even play a role in Satoshi capturing it (which I just joked about in the episode thread but would genuinely love to see haha). But then Dragonite learns Outrage and goes berserk, and Gengar has to repay its kindness by putting itself on the line to calm it down, and will help it contain itself from then on, friendship prevails.

Throw in a serious quiet hero type Riolu who gradually learns to open up being surrounded by these wacky characters, getting teased by Gengar, defended by Dragonite, maybe befriended by a carefree lively Grookey etc etc and you got yourself some solid team dynamics.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I said this before, but I also think that Mary owning Morpeko if she ever appears in this series would make more sense than a cast member capturing one. Although I do wonder how Gou would handle Morpeko if he were to capture one himself: given its Pikachu clone status, it would probably join his main team like Hibanny.

wolf jani likes this.
  5. lolipiece

lolipiece Where's your fighting spirit?! Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't expect Marnie to show up at all, given this show's track record of female Ash rivals.

And it's not like they're obligated to give her Morpeko, especially since G-Grimmsnarl is what ends up being her main powerhouse in the end.

KenzeyEevee and wolf jani like this.
  6. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I'll just settle for her and Bede just showing up, and not ending up like Hugh and Wally
    The Pokemon don't really matter to me much, unlike Hau.... still not over the injustice Raichu was given

7. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

You know your mind is dirty when the first thing you think is that it looks like Yamper is shitting out a Razz Berry lol.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  8. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

There's a Magikarp in the promo poster. I suppose it will be captured by Go, as there's no other Pokemon easier to capture without a battle. However, if Go catches a Magikarp and it evolves into Gyarados, how will he be able to control it?

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

You make it sound like Gyarados is automatically hard to control when we've seen plenty of trainers use them without difficulty.

Leonhart, KenzeyEevee and CMButch like this.
  10. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

I think he means because Go is still w beginning trainer and could have disobedient issues with a Gyarados.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  11. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

The fact we have seen plenty of trainers capable of training Gyarados doesn't mean it's an easy task at all. In fact, its evolution turns Magikarp from a weakling Pokemon to a way more powerful Pokemon and with a temper to match it. Have you forgotten the episode in Alola with the tv-star Magikarp? The moment it evolved, it literally turned mad and caused a rampage through the TV studios.

Leonhart and KenzeyEevee like this.
  12. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Koiking seems like the kind of Pokemon that Gou would be capable of evolving quickly, although I don't like the idea of him not being able to control Gyarados. I just dislike disobedience subplots overall.

13. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

I don't like these subplots either, especially since the first one in history was Ash's Charizard. But if the trainer is not at the level of the Pokemon, this is what happens. Go is really poor when it comes to Pokemon Battles, so a Gyarados wouldn't follow instructions of such a weak trainer. I see more probable, however, a Gyarados following instructions of Ash; but I would prefer the return of Lapras over Ash getting a Gyarados.

Paul1985 and esquilo09 like this.
  14. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

Bede is probably the only character I don't want to see, because I can already picture what he would say to Ash, especially in regards to winning the alola league.

as far as capturing things goes, is it really a crime for Ash to capture evolved pokemon.

he's done it before, and I don't see why it matters overall because evolution does not always decide how the pokemon will turn out.

15. Red and Blue

I imagine Bede would want to challenge Ash himself after finding out his endorsement from Leon and possibly his Alolan League Championship. If he beats Ash the first time it may lead him to wonder what Leon saw in Ash

16. Egakor

Egakor Well-Known Member

That's only if he could beat Ash though. Ash seems pretty competent in this new series so I can't see him losing to Bede.

17. Red and Blue

He is but it's no fun if he wins all the time. And Bede could be competent as well, especially if he isn't a beginning trainer

wolf jani likes this.
  18. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Ash should beat Bede. Part of Bede's character arc is having humility constantly shoved down his throat.

Paul1985 likes this.
  19. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I feel like that's putting Gyarados on a pedestal where it doesn't really belong. Gou might not be much of a battler, but I find it hard to believe that Gyarados would require special handling.

20. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Can anyone else see Ash helping a timid Wimpod learning to become brave and it evolving into Golisopod in the span of a single episode? I'm willing to say yes given they did a Dragonair->Dragonite in episode 10.