1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Egakor

Egakor Well-Known Member

It's possible but I don't want Ash to have a Golisopod. I think he would get trolled in his battles just like how Guzma's Golisopod trolled him.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

My thought is Ash helps it to overcome Emergency Exit and keep fighting so that wouldn't be an issue.

3. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

only if it's the wimipod he helped out in that one early alola episode.

I honestly wouldn't mind Ash with a Golisipod granted I don't see him going as far as Guzma with it (like how Guzma's "behaved" in battle, I'm sure Primarina remembers that well.)

batman14 likes this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

I wonder how the anime will handle Eternatus. In the games, Chairman Rose has an entire facility dedicated to keeping Eternatus imprisoned so a controlled form of Dynamaxing can be used through dens and stadiums and the manga appears to be hinting that route too but in the anime, Eternatus is flying free. I wonder if they'll treat him like Zekrom and never really explore it that much or will they actually give him a plot?

mehmeh1 and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  5. Egakor

Egakor Well-Known Member

We can see in episode 5 that Snorlax was gigantamaxing in Wild Area (but in an unexpected place since it stood in the way of the train in the same episode). And in episode 12, the Power Spot Drednaw used was near the stadium.
    So I guess Rose was aware of Eternarus but since he couldn’t imprison it in the anime, he couldn’t control Dynamax as well as his game counterpart.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  6. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Oh yeah. That's another thing. I wonder if we'll ever see Chairman Rose in the anime? He is awesome in those web shorts and I love the foreshadowing written all over on his face in the manga. It'll be interesting to see how the anime's take compares to the other two takes. I especially hope we can see Copperajah, the elephant that is as hard as steel. The more I think about it, the guy really is an important character. Not like Lysandre or Cyrus but more like Lusamine in that Rose played a strong role in many character's lives.

mehmeh1 and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  7. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

Fans claims Cubone's real face is a Charmander and Cyndaquil hybrid.

Kawaii Emolga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  8. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

I think Ash will catch that Gengar later it would be like Krokorok when it appeared in some episodes and it later got caught.I dont think Ash got cursed if where Ash will catch it but next time he would.As of Unova Pokemon yeah Go is catching them all I think.

9. Illusio

Illusio Well-Known Member

They probably will give him one, the anime to its credit has been better about avoiding dropping important plot points.

wolf jani, shoz999 and Leonhart like this.
  10. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't care much for the species in general, but I am surprised that it's apparently a popular choice for Satoshi. I don't remember it being that much of a commodity during the SM era, so I'm surprised that people want Satoshi to get a Kosokumushi or its evolved form in this series.

11. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

well to be fair, it and Dewpider were the only pratical water types Ash could've gotten in Alola, since Lana had primarina, James had Mareanie, and the rest were all fish based.

I know at the time Guzma was a slight detraction factor since that was his ace pokemon, but now that TS is gone (at least in terms of being jerks) and Ash can get more stuff, I wouldn't mind seeing him with one, but again i'd prefer it if it was the one he helped out in that episode where he and Pikachu went to the island by themselves.

Now I can understand that it's ability is difficult to work around but that could provide Ash with a challenge, besides after seeing Guzma's in action and using Liquidation like a lightsaber to cut a Z-move in half I want to see more of it battle honestly.

Would still prefer Ash to get Greninja back, but I wouldn't mind this either.

DuquÊ? likes this.
  12. SerenaRulez

SerenaRulez Well-Known Member

For all we know Bede could be really strong in the show. I know that Ash is strong too but that doesn't mean that his opponents will all be weaker than him.

Leonhart likes this.
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Assuming that Beet does appear in this series, I expect his ace Pokemon to be Burimuon like in the games. But if for some reason he's entirely skipped in the anime, I wouldn't be opposed to Satoshi capturing a Burimuon, instead.

DuquÊ? likes this.
  14. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Ash catching hatterene would actually make me consider to watch the show. It would compensate the fact he didn't catch meloetta in BW. Also, Mr. Mime trying to woo hatterene sounds hillarious. That and someone as loud as Ash having a pokemon that hates loud sounds looks funny in long term.

Well, dewpider would be something good for Ash have (kinda strange he never had a water type at where was basically Hawaii, but eh), but I wouldn't mind if not. Golisopod sounds good on paper, but not actually practical. The "good thing" about Alola is, since Ash barely had something "common", there's a nice pool of things he could have. Kalos is harder, because aside get back greninja and maybe goodra, I can't see many things working. If previous companion's pokemon lines are still on table, I always thought pangoro a thing Ash could have.

Also, from Sinnoh, if he doesn't get riolu/lucario, like everyone is praying he does (indirectly or not), mamoswine always looked like an "Ash pokemon" to me. I liked how the thing was basically a truck with paws, steamrolling everything, but learning to be more soft for Dawn.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    World Turtle and Leonhart like this.
  15. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Well Emergency Exit is completely broken (and I don't mean overpowered) in the games, it should only trigger once in a battle, plus you're forced out of battle before you can attack if the opponent goes first, I have had so many instances of being absolutely frustrated because I could've won with Golisopod if it would just STAY in battle. As in fully healing it shouldn't trigger emergency exit more than once in a battle which was absolutely stupid if the opponent was faster and dealt more than half health. At the very least, the trainer should be able to cancel Emergency Exit or something.

Emergency Exit was just a stupid ability to give Golisopod and I will forever hate Gamefreak for that ability.

So because the anime can take liberties I ultimately decided that if I was going to have to deal with emergency exit, I figured Emergency Exit should only act as a strategic recall, with consent of the trainer, rather than automatically switching out Pokemon like it did to Guzma with Scizor. Instead Golisopod should get approval from the trainer before recalling itself. Or at the very least just COMPLETELY ignore its ability and let Golisopod fight to being knocked out.

DuquÊ? likes this.
  16. MegaSalamence05

MegaSalamence05 Well-Known Member

With Ash's Melmetal I have a question. As we know its the only one in existence, when Ash gets to Alola because out of all of the Gigantimax Pokemon that Ash can possess. Ash's Melmetal would be the best pokemon for that role and be the trump card for Ash's Alolan team. As I think that Ash is going to get 1 Gigantimax Pokemon per region.

Kanto: Gengar (Rumored)
    Johto: N/A
    Hoenn: N/A
    Sinnoh: N/A
    Unova: N/A
    Kalos: N/A
    Alola: Melmetal
    Galar: Too hard to predict here

The reasons I'm putting Johto to Kalos not available as right now they don't have enough Pokemon to provide a slight selection process. Just a thought and an idea as Ash trains his Melmetal when he returns to Alola. As it was the only Alolan pokemon to not use a Z-Move so maybe I think this is it's intended purpose. Being Gigantimax Melmetal

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  17. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

That theory doesn't really hold up much, when you consider that (right now anyways) most those regions have one or no Gigantimax forms.
    Like I heavily doubt Ash will get Garbarodor, considering it is Oleana's ace.

I do have my fingers crossed for a Gigantimax Flygon though, Flygon's owed his due for not getting a Mega while literally every other Hoenn Dragon did! Flygon could easily work for Ash, though hopefully they let him raise it up from a Vibrava or Trapinch, and not another Dragonite case lol And Gigantimax Johto starters.... but that is unfortunately a long shot :/

I'd say Galar and Kanto will likely have most the Gigantimax forms. Kanto has Pikachu, Gengar, and maybe Charizard/Snorlax/Kingler?(If Melmetal can come back, only right these three do it too)

Galar has starters(So basically Rillaboom and Intelleon), maybe Kubfu's evolution?, Drednaw/Corviknight/DLCmons,

While the other regions will probably have nothing, but regular captures to make up for it. Like Lucario and.... well, whatever else he gets. Hopefully we get a sign of a Johto or Unovan capture soon

MegaSalamence05 likes this.
  18. MegaSalamence05

MegaSalamence05 Well-Known Member

That's the reason why I said the blurb at the bottom which for right now the theory doesn't have much backing because they don't have many Pokemon that can Gigantimax.

I'm in total agreement of Flygon (I think everyone knows that by this point). Which is why I'm very curious for the DLC as the Gigantimax forms were Kanto and Galar Pokemon with Garboder being the exception. So for the upcoming DLC I firmly believe that they're going to be in pairs. Isle of Armor has hypothetically speaking Johto and Sinnoh, while Crown Tundra has Hoenn and Unova Pokemon.

Which is why I love this series because of the unpredictability. By now we know what Ash is going to do and he starts doing it.

Ash has Pikachu, Mr. Mime and Dragonite. But at this point, rumored captures like Gengar and Riolu/Lucario who knows honestly.

19. Ash-Greninja4life

Ash-Greninja4life Well-Known Member

Did the anime directly mention that Ash was Alola champion today? Serebii’s synopsis said ‘Who will win, Alola Champion or World Champion’ just wondering if that’s something the voiceover perhaps said.

Also looks like Ash was somewhat endorsed, I feel the vision of Ash vs Leon will come true, perhaps in the next world championship? Will we perhaps see Ash vs the Champions of other regions and use Pokemon from that region so...

vs Lance- Pikachu, Gengar, Dragonite, Charizard, Snorlax and either Bulbasaur or Squrtile If they evolve.
    Vs Cynthia- Infernape, Torterra, Lucario, Garchomp, Pikachu, Floatzel (if Buizel and Gible evolve)
    vs Leon- probably the only exception when he uses his greatest team- Pikachu, Greninja, Charizard, Sceptile (hard to say what his best Pokemon is think)

obviously I think you only have 3 battles in the world championship, 1 obviously being Leon and I think Cynthia and Lance are the two champions ash has dealt with the most. Steven and Alder were sporadic appearances and Diantha I suppose could be another option (Greninja can finally beat Gardevoir)

20. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

Alola champion wasn't mentioned and Satoshi didn't get an endorsement but he doesn't need it, the tournament climb is open to anyone. So this series will probably consist of him beating all kinds of Gym leaders, Elite 4's and champions from all the games to make his way to Dande. Hop will probably be one of his rivals cause Dande, would love to see an old rival return as well but most likely they'll just do Marnie/Mary and Bede/Beet or base an anime original off of them.