• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

This is assuming we don't gen more content in the form of SwSh2. Though I am hoping if it is not SwSh2 instead of a 3rd version we get DLC saving some money at least

Oh right, the other eight gym leaders (amongst other things like fixing the fossils)... this episodic formula does prevent the usual expectations of the anime following the game plot. I know people were disappointed with the BW anime and SM anime for not using the plots from the first version of their games.

So they could be waiting for sequels/third version this time around with a more episodic format for the time being.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Even as someone who wasn't really impressed by Serena much at all throughout XY, I will say that Serena felt like she had more of a point even early on and at least got token moments of limelight and interaction time, even if they were episodic, eg. the Pokevision episode early on which developed her and Fennekin. Hell even if her very first couple of key roles in the series were as a damsel in distress, it was at least SOMETHING.
That's because she was....*deep breath* A TRAVELING COMPANION from the start. That was how it was always intended to be.

How many times does this have to be repeated? Koharu is NOT a traveling companion. This is the story of Ash and Go.

You're making the exact mistake I told you to avoid: stop treating Koharu as the next Iris/Dawn/May etc and expecting her to have the same level of relevance when the series has made it quite clear that she does not.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Why people expecting a lot of koharu character, she just supporting characters, she no ash classmate or traveling companion
This series is focus on both go and ash it's clearly state like that

Last edited:

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Why people expecting a lot of koharu character, she just supporting characters, she no ash classmate of traveling companion
This series is focus on both go and ash it's clearly state like that

For me it's just wishful thinking since I love her voice actress

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Oh right, the other eight gym leaders (amongst other things like fixing the fossils)... this episodic formula does prevent the usual expectations of the anime following the game plot. I know people were disappointed with the BW anime and SM anime for not using the plots from the first version of their games.

So they could be waiting for sequels/third version this time around with a more episodic format for the time being.
I can see the episodic stuff leaving after they reintroduce every region and we might get story arcs in regions

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
That's because she was....*deep breath* A TRAVELING COMPANION from the start. That was how it was always intended to be.

How many times does this have to be repeated? Koharu is NOT a traveling companion. This is the story of Ash and Go.

You're making the exact mistake I told you to avoid: stop treating Koharu as the next Iris/Dawn/May etc and expecting her to have the same level of relevance when the series has made it quite clear that she does not.
I definitely agree. I want Koharu to have more character development, but I can’t see her becoming a traveling companion (at least not yet) since the marketing so far has only focused on Ash & Go traveling together

Personally, I feel her first episode would most likely be a “day in the life” scenario, that focuses on Koharu’s daily routine, establish her personal status quo, and give more insight as to why she’s so reluctant of everything that goes on.

Then, they’d have a Kanto-based episode where Ash & Go need to investigate something at Koharu’s school, where we learn more about her personal life, explain her relationship with Go, and find out a little more about Go’s past. They could also have Ash & Go battle Team Rocket & somehow drag Koharu into the problem of the day so she can see first hand the kind of stuff they usually have to deal with.

After that, a situation comes up where Koharu ends up filling in for Ash or Go on a mission either in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh (either by choice or by accident for comedy). She’ll shrug the Adventure off by the end of the episode but admit that it was a little fun.

Eventually, by either the halfway point or the end of the second season, Koharu will have more snippets of development, realize that she wants to go on adventures to, & then becomes a full-fledged traveling companion (or at least a substitute one whenever Ash or Go can’t come)

For me it's just wishful thinking since I love her voice actress
that and the fact that everyone’s so used to a female protagonist because of the previous series

Last edited:

Red and Blue

So I checked Bulbapedia to see what category Mimey would be placed in regards to Ash's Pokemon and it read "status unknown". I suppose that makes sense at the moment

World Turtle

So I checked Bulbapedia to see what category Mimey would be placed in regards to Ash's Pokemon and it read "status unknown". I suppose that makes sense at the moment

I'm not feeling Mimey is Ash's. At least not yet. He helped out with one battle to help Gou get over his first loss before telling Ash he was done, his job was over. And in the end I see him returning to Delia anyways.

Red and Blue

I'm not feeling Mimey is Ash's. At least not yet. He helped out with one battle to help Gou get over his first loss before telling Ash he was done, his job was over. And in the end I see him returning to Delia anyways.
Well yeah, he was always going to return back to Delia regardless of his official status with Ash. Same way Ash always leaves behind his older Pokemon at the start of a new journey.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Maybe now that there are a lot of pokémon in the Sakuragi laboratory, Koharu will get more interest in pokémon and maybe will want to catch one for herself or at least go with the boys in some mission where they have to investigate some pokémon.

World Turtle

Well yeah, he was always going to return back to Delia regardless of his official status with Ash. Same way Ash always leaves behind his older Pokemon at the start of a new journey.

I'm thinking in terms of Brock's Vulpix. Brock stated Vulpix was never his and he was just taking care of it for Suzie before returning it. Same thing here: Till openly stated otherwise I assume Ash views Mr. Mime as his Mom's Pokemon and he's just taking care of it for awhile.

Zariful

I could see this as a situation similar to Clemont and Bonnie with Dedenne. Clemont caught the Pokémon for Bonnie, so Ash could’ve done the same thing for Delia. So it’s like dual ownership in a sense. And since we know Mimey is a main character of this anime, Ash could use Mimey as a battling partner on a regular basis.

esquilo09

I heard Go's voice in the preview shouting "Go Tamanta!"

As far as I know Tamanta is Mantyke's original Japanese name, which means he's going to catch a Mantyke next episode.

This will be the first time since the original series a member of the main cast catches a water dwelling Pokémon and permanently keeps it .

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kawaii Emolga said:
Maybe now that there are a lot of pokémon in the Sakuragi laboratory, Koharu will get more interest in pokémon and maybe will want to catch one for herself or at least go with the boys in some mission where they have to investigate some pokémon.

Interesting theory, but I don't think that any character's development should hinge on the goal of another character. Gou capturing all those Pokemon should be for his own sake from my viewpoint, and shouldn't impact what other characters do with their own time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
esquilo09 said:
I heard Go's voice in the preview shouting "Go Tamanta!"

As as far as I know Tamanta is Mantyke's original Japanese name, which means he's going to catch a Mantyke next episode.

This will be the first time since the original series a member of the main cast catches a water dwelling Pokémon and permanently keeps it .

I may be wrong, but wasn't Gou simply cheering for Tamanta, not actually sending it out of its Monster Ball or anything like that?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don’t know. Given what we’ve seen of Koharu so far, she seems to be perfectly content with just raising Yamper and could eventually see all of Go’s pokémon as annoying. Unless she gets some development to change her mind, the only way I can see her catching another pokémon at this point is if the pokémon chooses to be with her first (similar to how Scorbunny wanted to be with Go or how most of Ash’s pokémon wanted to be with him)

Status
Not open for further replies.