1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

I'm not disappointed at all, at least he caught it, it fills me with hope that he will catch a Rattata.

2. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I don't mind that he got that.
    I'm disappointed that he got it before Ash even captured a Galarian Pokemon of his own! Especially as that squirrel's just going to get boxed like all the other filler captures

3. esquilo09

He caught Skwovet, so I don't care if it's a filler capture.

wolf jani and Leonhart like this.
  4. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Maybe we get an episode when he gets all the roedents, otherwise I think Skwovet will be hanging out with Sentret, its not like the initial roedent ever gets any spotlight anyway (unless I'm forgetting any of them).

Dude get it through you head that his goal is to capture Pokemon no matter the region, I respect you opinion, but no need to repeat it every time we talk about the kid or the kid gets something new, I think we all know by this point you consider it all filler, regardless it has nothing to do with Satoshi not having a Galar mon, he will eventually, Go getting one doesn't diminish his chances. Do you only capture 6 Pokemon when you play the game if not do you use all the 890?

wolf jani likes this.
  5. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Clemont's Bunnelby says hi.

6. Pepsi_Plunge

Oh I totally forgot it and I loved that little dude ingame, it was probably the only one that actually stuck around on my team.

wolf jani and Leonhart like this.
  7. esquilo09

But I like the idea of an episode where Go catches all of the Regional Mammals.

wolf jani likes this.
  8. Hyper Missingno

Hyper Missingno Well-Known Member

I wish Ash to catch at least 2 or 3 more Pokemon in every regions.

9. ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN Well-Known Member

Can someone explain what structure Gou was talking about in today's episode?

10. Pepsi_Plunge

I feel this questions is more appropriate to the episode thread, this has nothing to do with capturing Pokemon, but he was explaining to Satoshi how he would be able to battle Leon in the World tournament, telling her would have to get into the rankings and climb into Masterball tier which is where the Top 8 competitors battle for the title.

SerenaRulez likes this.
  11. ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN Well-Known Member

Question I asked has everything to do with what kind of captures Ash will have next. Thanks for pointing though.

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'm glad that Satoshi didn't capture Kajirigame since the species stopped appealing to me a long time ago. I wish that Musashi had kept the Kamukame that bit her hair, however. It's a shame that she and Kojirou apparently won't have their own teams in this series.

SerenaRulez likes this.
  13. esquilo09

They decided to present Chewtle to Giovanni though...so it's possible he may refuse it so TR will have no choice but to keep it on their party, just like Yanmega when it was a Yanma.

14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I know, which is why I said that I wish Musashi had kept it for herself, instead. My only praise for the latest episode in terms of captures if that my theory about Gou catching Hoshigarisu came true. I was half expecting to be wrong, but I'm glad he caught it.

15. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

Ash can still get the Galar starters because they will need to be showcased along with Scorbunny. If the writers didn’t care about the Galar starters then Go wouldn’t have caught Scorbunny has his first Pokémon and would have instead took one of the Kanto starters instead. They purposely gave Go Scorbunny to help showcase it, so it’s only a matter of when they appear and I expect that the next time they go to Galar Grookey and or Sobble will appear. Besides the writers didn’t let Litten get capture right away last series and we had to wait. Ash also didn’t capture Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur right away either, so I think it’s too soon to make these kind of predictions.

wolf jani, esquilo09 and SerenaRulez like this.
  16. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

If the writers cared about the Galar starters as a whole, they would have had them debut much earlier. Them giving Ash a Dragonite as his first capture of the series (a Pokemon that is over 20 years old) is telling.

Also we need to retire the whole "they need Ash to showcase new Pokemon" talking point. Sword and Shield did very well without the anime doing really any promotion for it. They don't need Ash to do that stuff anymore.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  17. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

Not really it tells that they wanted to try new things and not have the starters be the first capture in a series that focuses on multiple regions. Dragonite helped broke a pattern when everyone thought Ash wouldn’t only capture Galar Pokémon. I remember when a great portion of people didn’t think Torracat was going to evolve into Incineroar and I believe it was @Ignition that believed that it will evolve so I am going to take the same approach and call right now that Ash is going to still capture a Galar starter and if I’m wrong I will admit it and tell everyone that doesn’t think he was going to get one that they were right.

RLC, wolf jani and Ignition like this.
  18. SerenaRulez

SerenaRulez Well-Known Member

I hope no body will catch the Golurk from the next episode because I've never really liked it. Go would be the best choice of owner for it just because he collects all kinds of Pokemon but at the same time I could take it or leave it. :p

esquilo09 likes this.
  19. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

It tells you that they aren't a high priority.

Starters generally debut fairly early in the series. Plus they barely have any presence on the two key visuals, which is unheard of for starter Pokemon in the past. We shall see, I was adamant about Ash not doing the Galar gym challenge and it looks like I was correct. I have been skeptical about Ash getting a Galar starter because it doesn't make much sense to me given where he is as a trainer and his current goal, but we shall see.

20. esquilo09

I also said that it's possible Giovanni may refuse Chewtle and TR will have no choice but to keep it on their party, just like Yanmega when it was a Yanma.

wolf jani likes this.