• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaRulez

I'm not feeling Mimey is Ash's. At least not yet. He helped out with one battle to help Gou get over his first loss before telling Ash he was done, his job was over. And in the end I see him returning to Delia anyways.

Yeah I think it's his mom's Pokemon still but that could change in the future like if Mr. Mime begins forming a bigger friendship with Ash.

Leonhart

Imagineer
esquilo09 said:
It's still a possibility.

I think so too, although like I said in another thread, Tamanta being an aquatic Pokemon likely means that it would rarely appear even if Gou captures it because it would have issues moving on land.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Koharu being a main would be meh imo since her design is cringy. I'm hoping maybe a new girl is dropped mid series since we have never had that before. (Unless you want to count Tracy but idk)

nickdt

I think so too, although like I said in another thread, Tamanta being an aquatic Pokemon likely means that it would rarely appear even if Gou captures it because it would have issues moving on land.

There might be an exception for Mantyke and Mantine, since they are also part flying.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Crazy theory that popped up randomly in my mind:
What if Mohn (Lillie's dad) ended up in Kanto due the Ultra Hole incident, but he lost it's memories of his family, he just remember that he was a researcher. And now he is working as a professor in the school where Koharu study!

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
I hope Giovanni's secretary will appear a lot in this series like how she got some major appearances in Sun & Moon. I think she's the only TR member that I like other than James and Jessie.

Matori appearing in this series is likely, but I think she'll be used sparingly since even the normal Rocket-dan trio isn't making a big impact so far. We really need more Rocket-dan members to appear now that the main part of the anime is set in Kanto once again.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Koharu being a main would be meh imo since her design is cringy. I'm hoping maybe a new girl is dropped mid series since we have never had that before. (Unless you want to count Tracy but idk)
I don't agree about her design, but its probably best for her to have a recurring role over being a main character.
There probably won't be any new girls joining mid-series unless we count the chance of past companions returning, which is probably low seeing as how it seems that the writers are trying to avoid continuity to the past series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:
There might be an exception for Mantyke and Mantine, since they are also part flying.

Have we ever seen Tamanta or its evolved from float before, though? I think we've seen Mantain jump out of water for a few seconds in the past in the Manaphy movie, but I don't recall if the anime has ever taken creative liberty by showing those two manta ray Pokemon on dry land.

esquilo09

Agreed. Misty's Goldeen suffered that.

World Turtle

Well I hope Ash gets a Gengar if he's getting previous region Pokemon. Like if he's got to get anything give him the ones that got away (or members of their evolution lines).

I still want him to get at least 6 Galar Pokemon. I like it when he gets a full team to represent each region.

Zariful

Have we ever seen Tamanta or its evolved from float before, though? I think we've seen Mantain jump out of water for a few seconds in the past in the Manaphy movie, but I don't recall if the anime has ever taken creative liberty by showing those two manta ray Pokemon on dry land.
Brock's mom owns a mantine that he fought against with his Onix.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zariful said:
Brock's mom owns a mantine that he fought against with his Onix.

I didn't remember that right away, but I suppose it's true. Well anything is fair game for Gou since I think that by the end of the series he'll have a "Living Dex" or something close to that, because he keeps catching wild Pokemon without restrictions.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Well I hope Ash gets a Gengar if he's getting previous region Pokemon. Like if he's got to get anything give him the ones that got away (or members of their evolution lines).

I still want him to get at least 6 Galar Pokemon. I like it when he gets a full team to represent each region.

I've always thought that Gengar isn't an Ash kind of Pokemon because it seems like every Gengar we have met was a schemer or a joker. Is that really the kind of Pokemon that Ash needs right now?

World Turtle

I've always thought that Gengar isn't an Ash kind of Pokemon because it seems like every Gengar we have met was a schemer or a joker. Is that really the kind of Pokemon that Ash needs right now?

This is a funny choice of words since Ash just used a literal clown in battle.

I could see it working if Ash finds one that loves using confusion fu relying on evasive and trickery to outsmart their opponents by applying moves in ways people wouldn't usually think to use them.

Like seriously, using reflect barriers to surround and trap Hariyama? Ash has come along way. I'd love to see him get more Psychic types now!

Zariful

Speaking of Go's living dex. Right now he doesn't have a lot of battling experience yet and certainly doesn't seem interested in building a team. Do we think he's gonna ever try to get a legendary pokemon?

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer

Well, remember Ash's unofficial Haunter. He was a member of a group of Ghost Pokemon formed by a Gengar and Gastly, alongside Haunter. Ash became a great friend with this "Ghostly Trio", and before staying with Sabrina, Haunter proved quite useful; especially using his jokes to ruin Team Rocket's plots and humilliate them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zariful said:
Speaking of Go's living dex. Right now he doesn't have a lot of battling experience yet and certainly doesn't seem interested in building a team. Do we think he's gonna ever try to get a legendary pokemon?

Considering that Satoshi was able to get Meltan [a Mythical, which I believe counts as a Legendary by default as well], then I'm sure Gou could get at least one Legendary.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Don't you think Go is having it TOO easy to capture Pokemon? I mean, it's quite easy to capture some Pokemon (Caterpie, Weedle, Kakuna, Metapod...), but he captured too easily a Pinsir and a Venomoth, without even weaken them. And not even Ash's Taillow was so easy to capture as Go's Taillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.