• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Since Goh already caught two Pokémon own by past companions can't imagine that's the reason they didn't have him catch a Pansage.

Two Pokemon Owned by Past companions
Brock - Geodude, Pineco
Misty - Goldeen, Poliwag
Tracey - Scyther, Venonat
May - Wurmple
Clemont - Bunnelby

And then he also owns Pokemon that were owned by Team Rocket with Ekans, Koffing and Dustox

As well as owned by Ash himself
Fletchling
Boldore
Krabby
Sandile
Butterfree
Male Heracross (They easily could have gone female just like with Pikachu)
Pikachu
Taillow

Can't count Pidgey and Mankey until they have evolved.

Interesting to note is that none of the Kanto mons Ash currently owns is in the possesion of Goh, since his Krabby hasn't evolved yet, while his Pikachu has.

So yes, i doubt them giving Goh Pansage has something to do with Cilan, i think it has something to do with Grookey instead, since he already had a Grass monkey with him.

Last edited:

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Another theory is that Rose supposedly killed Bea and dressed like her in order to get revenge on Ash.
049b53d71aa936e5595c9011ef8e99ab.png

desdar300

Well I'm sitting here in this state of mind regarding upcoming captures for Ash.
Ttar- I maintain that this is still likely Imo since the species doesn't really have a definitive trainer in the franchise as a whole and its Rivals with Raihan's Ace.
Tox- Lucario of the Galar region and would be his second electric type.
Empoleon- it would complete his Generation 4 starter set and be the first time he's ever owned all fully evolved starters from a given generation.
Urishifu- if the Isle of armor happens I can see the Ash getting a cub of his own.
Corvanight- aside from inteleon it's the most popular of the generation 8 Pokemon in Japan. ( also it's incredibly popular in the competitive scene)

AsH KetcHHup

Are we just to assume Dragonite lost hurricane for draco meteor? Do you think he might have forgotten another move? I really like hurricane and I think it would be a shame for it to be ridden of.

Last edited:

IcySealeo

Since Journeys is through all regions, I figured that this is a great chance to give another focus episodes for Pokemon that didn't appear in a LONG time (and weridly enough their "region" is what stopped them from doing that before?)
Think of Spiritomb, Cacturne, Togetic, Forretress, Many Unova Pokemon (Volcarona/Larvesta, Gigalith, Munna/Musharna...)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Any implications regarding directly relevant characters? As in past companions, supporting cast etc.?

He literally just says he's happy all these old characters are returning, but it also makes him feel sad for all the characters that are never going to make another apperance.

I'm not sure where people are getting these crazy ideas that Iwane is sitting there on Twitter making sneaky hints about upcoming stuff, but he's under an NDA and is obviously not allowed to do that. Stop machine translating his tweets and starting weird rumors about whatever you think your Google Translations imply.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Ash vs. Paul: I don't necessarily agree that they had to give Infernape 3 wins there, but it was the pinnacle of its story-arc and wasn't surprising. If anything, Torterra could've done really well vs.Aggron or Gastrodon, but they really wanted to show off Iced Aqua Jet again. Gliscor having a win against Paul was absolutely necessary considering it came back from training.
If I had to guess why they gave Buizel a win was because they wanted to show off it’s Ice Aqua Jet.
They regained a winning Pokemon to show off the Aqua Jet.

But Torterra's post-evolution wins are 0.

I understand that they want to show that Gliscor has improved after training.

But Pikachu and Buizel did not have to win.

I think Buizel and Pikachu's arguments are weak; Pikachu lost to much weaker opponents.

In fact, Infernape did not need to beat 3 pokemon in his war with Paul.

Torterra, to me, is shown weak.There is no need for excuse. Writers spent Torterra.

Ash has 2 pokemons that do not win after evolving. One is Incineroar and the other is Torterra.

After the Incineroar evolved, it never fought. His situation is uncertain.

Status
Not open for further replies.