• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Are we missing episode titles between the last ones revealed?
We know for sure that there will be at least one break between the upcoming episode and the Alcremie episode, then the next week hasn’t been confirmed (but personally I think it’ll be an episode about ash getting a keystone from Korrina).

Red and Blue

I remember that in that merchandise, Ash was facing Raihan
I was thinking more about that long haired woman in the silhouette. She could be Nessa

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Hmm, so does Korrina appear again and give Ash a Key Stone before Ash goes to Mega Island? I guess that finally explains her appearance in the current opening. I wonder if Ash and Korrina will battle again. I wish Korrina has a Hawlucha. It's the only one from her ingame team that she hasn't used in the show.

ImBeVillain

GengaTuber Official [Youtube Channel]
So Lucario will get a mega, Gengar (probably) a gigantamax and Pikachu has its Z moves, I think that's it in term of alt evolutions/moves, I can't remember now but do Sirfetch'd, Dracovish and Dragonite have alt forms?
Pikachu - Z-moves, Tactic
Dragonite - Booster +30% attack, defense and speed
Gengar - Gigantamax (probably)
Lucario - Mega Evolution
Sirfetch'd - Sword & Shield skill
Dracovish - Powerful moves

temporarily:
Mimey - Dodge skill

Each of Ash's pokemon has its own ways in battle with opponents.

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

Currently watching the entire Pokémon anime
On: World Ash Ketchum Day

I don’t celebrate it today.

I don’t see why World Ash Ketchum Day should be on the day he won Alola, because in my opinion, it’s not a big deal because the Alola League is a league where anyone could enter. Adding on to this, the main deal is the reactions that people had to Ash winning Alola; they were declaring him a Pokémon Master. I feel like when Ash truly became Alola’s Champion was when he beat Kukui because that was actually impressive. Ash losing to Tobias, Alain, and winning the Battle Frontier are all on their own more impressive than Ash winning Alola. Plus, I cannot take Alola seriously when it comes to the tone and art style after XYZ. It makes me so infuriated that Ash lost Kalos when he had the ability to win it and the writers decided to wait, ruin his character, and make him win Alola. Ash’s silliness and SM’s overly comedic and stupid tone meant that I couldn’t take it seriously. I watched the whole series, but I still hate the Alola League, SM Ash, and Ash’s Alola League win. I respect the people who celebrate today and like SM Ash but to me, I have a totally different opinion.

Post on Ash's Win

Morax

Oxygen

I don’t see why World Ash Ketchum Day should be on the day he won Alola, because in my opinion, it’s not a big deal because the Alola League is a league where anyone could enter. Adding on to this, the main deal is the reactions that people had to Ash winning Alola; they were declaring him a Pokémon Master. I feel like when Ash truly became Alola’s Champion was when he beat Kukui because that was actually impressive. Ash losing to Tobias, Alain, and winning the Battle Frontier are all on their own more impressive than Ash winning Alola. Plus, I cannot take Alola seriously when it comes to the tone and art style after XYZ. It makes me so infuriated that Ash lost Kalos when he had the ability to win it and the writers decided to wait, ruin his character, and make him win Alola. Ash’s silliness and SM’s overly comedic and stupid tone meant that I couldn’t take it seriously. I watched the whole series, but I still hate the Alola League, SM Ash, and Ash’s Alola League win. I respect the people who celebrate today and like SM Ash but to me, I have a totally different opinion.

Post on Ash's Win
Dude it’s the same fu.cking guy. XY ash went to alola and won the league, that’s all there is to it. Regarding each “season” as a different continuity is retarded.

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

Currently watching the entire Pokémon anime
Dude it’s the same fu.cking guy. XY ash went to alola and won the league, that’s all there is to it. Regarding each “season” as a different continuity is retarded.
When did I say that in here at all

ImBeVillain

GengaTuber Official [Youtube Channel]
I was thinking more about that long haired woman in the silhouette. She could be Nessa
E0x8graVgAQl6ia.jpg

139px-Nessa_TW.png

That's not her. Her hair is very different from what you mentioned.

Jers745

I dont know :p

Post on Ash's Win
Arent we overestimating him winning the BF, not that i'm saying that it isnt impressing but i dont think it compares to beating tapu koko and kukui, overall because brandon was using his most new regi and a bunch of different species while ash had his original team, tobias can't be count as an archivement, i can give pass to alain even if he lost he did go toe to toe with a new team but even then i find more impressing in general his battle against kukui tho that's my opinion. And about the day who cares its just an excuse to celebrate a fictional character, its like fighting that christmas shouldnt be on the 25 because its the same day a person was born

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Best girl Dawn, Infernape/Ash/Paul, Alolan fam <3
Call me Mr. Negative, but I don't want this Mega Lucario episode to happen. At least, not under these circumstances. I don't like when characters are given things without earning them through hard work. Korrina just giving Ash a Keystone and pointing him in the direction of an island apparently known for Mega Stones is not earning it. Even with Z-Moves, which were just given to him by Tapu Koko, he still needed to go through the Island Trials to use Z-Moves without shattering his own crystals. That worked fine. This doesn't.

And before anyone says it, Ash has earned his right to a Keystone and Mega Stone several times over. But only in the general sense that Ash has been through and achieved a lot without asking for anything in return. It doesn't work once you start looking at it more focused. For this to work, the Keystone and Lucarionite should get 3-5 episodes worth of story around them. With Ash working hard to try and find the Keystone, Goh and Korrina supporting Ash, with an antagonistic rival-type character competing with Ash to get to the Lucarionite first. That way, when Ash finally gets the Lucarionite and can Mega Evolve his Lucario, it is going to feel like he worked his rear off to make it happen.

But that's not what we're getting. So can we just get another natural disaster that makes Japan say "putting this on TV now will be in bad taste. Let's put it off until it becomes irrelevant and gets cycled out of continuity"? Please?
Im glad to see youve taken accountability for those words you said and I wont rag on you for it since youve promised to work on it
Going back to the other stuff
Ash is going to an Island to look for the mega stone. So considering he will be looking there for it stands to reason he will find it in a earning way
And considering his mastery over Korrina he earned the key stone as well. Ash and Lucario have a tight bond too as shown when it was a riolu, they totally deserve Mega evolution
I'm going to help, expect a message notification momentarily. As you've stated that comment was from a specific place. Let's deal with that immediately so this situation never occurs again understood.
Major props for you doing this btw, this was sweet <3
That doesn't make him worthy of it. He hasn't put in any efforts to obtain it. Same with dynamax.
He has earned Z crystals in general tho so the right for him to use the Move is there, esp since his and Pikachu's bond is worth it
Imagine they are trolling us and its Island of the Giant Pokemon (Who are also MEGA, because they are big).
I wont even be mad lol, I love that episode it was cute as hell

Post on Ash's Win
Nobody cares
I mean Im sorry but I just cant take this post in any good faith whatsoever
First of all you feel the need to bring it up before we even begin celebrating WorldAshKetchum day or make a thread for it
You insert yourself in this conversation just to downplay the whole fan event
Dude, you have to realise this ISNT a day for SM fans. This is a day for Ash in general, you can literally appreciate only XY Ash and not mention SM Ash and its fine
If you have such a problem with the date, dont celebrate it, but dont come here to rag on about a passionate fan event meant to share love for a character coz youre still ****ing salty about the league
You have to realise the date ISNT just because Ash won the league and whether or not its his biggest achievement or not, its because of the cultural significance. Do you not remember how when Ash won the league how the internet went crazy? So many articles, so many trending hashtags, fans old and new coming to talk about Ash
It is that event thats celebrated, and memoralised in a day the community chose to celebrate Ash and TPCI themselves had joined in on
The community chose the date together, if it offends you so much then dont celebrate it but coming to randomly sh.it on the concept because of your dislike is petty af!
Like if you dont want to celebrate it, DONT, but wanting to point out "HEY IM NOT CELEBRATING IT BECAUSE THE CONCEPT SUCKS" is fricking annoying, I thought you wanted to avoid spreading negative vibes?

it’s not a big deal because the Alola League is a league where anyone could enter.
Everyone can enter pokemon league in every region after they turn 10, just register themselves in Pokemon Center. Entering the conference is another matter.

In other leagues, they need to get 8 badges to enter the conference, in Manalo conference, it is replaced by Battle Royale as preliminary. So no, not everyone can enter, they still have to qualify through Battle Royale.

Last edited: