1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

It has potential to become theirs. Though we won't know what happened to it until they appear again
    It probably will, it'll be quite odd if they get away with actually handing it over and not getting it rejected like Togepi and Yanma were. That'd be a first(Though it'll be a bit confusing admittingly, since a Wailord that only knows Splash and a freaking Belsprout were in the Gacha machine!)
    I hope it's shown onscreen and they don't just show up with Chewtle again inside of a pokeball, that'd be quite underwhelming. I'd love to see Giovanni reject it, and then Jessie and James argue over whose going to get it before one of them manages to do it, and they use it to assault the twerps when the Gacha machine fails again

I'd prefer James get it, but if James gets something soon(As in not 10+ episodes from now) I'll be fine with Jessie getting it. I want him to get Polteageist and Cramorant anyways

esquilo09 likes this.
  2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Between Meowth and Chewtle looks like TR could catch Pokemon that are Gigantamax capable.

Zoruagible and wolf jani like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Well they have Gou if they want to showcase certain Pokemon while leaving Satoshi's team free of the generic marketable ones, although I still think that it's in the writers' best interest to have Satoshi catch a Galar Starter since he gets the most battle screen-time out of the two main characters, which would allow his Starter to develop.

4. Ignition

Ignition I change these way too often

Good mindset to have. For some reason a lot of people here have their own head canons on what can and can’t happen in the anime so they act like it’s set in stone.

5. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Well how else are Team Rocket going to make tons of money this generation, they'll just force Meowth to Gigantamax, and use G-Max Gold Rush for serious money.

They no longer have to sell stuff.

6. kickachu

kickachu Momentai!

But since Dynamax only works in stadiums that might be a problem and Meowth might not get used to The giant form like Pikachu and it maybe a while until he gets used to it

SerGoldenhandtheJust and Ubermuk like this.
  7. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

They've been somewhat kind with TR in this regard. Last series, they got the Z-rings. Now, not they have a Rotomphone of their own AND Gigantamax-capable pokémon.

8. desdar300

desdar300 Well-Known Member

The show is only around because it is being used as a promotional vehicle though.
    That said I believe it's taking a bit because the gang aren't in the current region all the time not to mention that Scorbunny wasn't chosen by go as a part of a the starter trio

wolf jani and esquilo09 like this.
  9. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

It is around for toys. The games don't need the series for promotion.

I also don't buy the region excuse. They could have easily replaced the Dragonite episode with a Grookey or Sobble capture episode.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  10. Ash-Greninja4life

Ash-Greninja4life Well-Known Member

I think based on the tier system Go was describing to Ash, we could see a lot of old characters returning. Like Gym leaders, elite 4, champions and most of all, previous rivals. Mostly people who won leagues like Virgil, Harrison, Tobias(hopefully not), Alain etc. Probably Paul. It gives Ash a chance at redemption against people and a chance to battle using all of his Pokemon + his new mons.

11. Cptnmac1

Cptnmac1 Well-Known Member

Well, with drednaw not getting captured, it seems likely that ashs 2 mystery captures are gonna be Gengar and Riolu

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I think Gym Leaders, members of the Four Heavenly Kings, and Champions are a given simply because they'd tie into the games and would promote Pokemon Masters, but I'm not confident that we'll see anime-exclusive characters like Virgil or Takuto again [although I'd love to see what else Takuto has on his team].

wolf jani and esquilo09 like this.
  13. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

Another episode that follows the Pokédex entries, Chewtle was biting anything at sight due to its itching tooth.

It was funny seeing James screaming until he realizes Chewtle doesn't have a strong bite.

wolf jani, Zoruagible and Leonhart like this.
  14. desdar300

desdar300 Well-Known Member

It's primarily around the tie into whatever TPC a Nintendo have up their sleeves.
    That's why. go is a walking PGO homage and also why their first visit to Galar was to cross promote G-Snorlax which coincidentally also got it's Raid Battle revealed in the games and a card deck dedicated to it on the very same day

15. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

Kinda pissed off that Ash didn't catch Drednaw and I was hoping he'd get Chewtle instead but TR were the ones who found it and sent it to Giovanni. Hopefully it'll come back someday. :(

wolf jani likes this.
  16. Hyper Missingno

Hyper Missingno Well-Known Member

Since the chance of Ash getting Drednaw has become low, what other Galar region Pokemon Ash can get (besides the starters)?

17. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Chewtle will be back.

18. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Toxtricity.

19. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

Drednaw/Chewtle is going to be a Team Rocket's Pokemon? Men, I feel so sorry for it. I would really prefer this turtle to join Ash as an alternative Water Type of Galar for Ash, instead of Sobble/Intelleon.

20. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Kubfu, Sirfetch'd, Alcremie, Rolycoly. He has plenty of options

wolf jani likes this.