1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Hyper Missingno

Hyper Missingno Well-Known Member

I wonder the writers finally decide Ash needs another electric Pokemon.

wolf jani and esquilo09 like this.
  2. Hyper Missingno

Isn't Kubfu kind of overlapping with Riolu (assuming Ash going to get it)?

3. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

I wonder about that as well. The other options are Kubfu, Rolycoly, Sirfetch'd and Grapploct.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  4. Hyper Missingno

It seems people are assuming Ash is getting lots of Fighting Pokemon.

5. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Yeah but type overlaps have happened with Ash before. Plus Riolu and Kubfu evolve into Pokemon with different secondary typings

6. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

He caught 3 flying types in Kalos, and 3 Ground types in Sinnoh. Wouldn't become an issue at all.

7. esquilo09

Maybe it is because there are people who can't accept that Alcremie being caught by Ash due they think it's not an Ash Pokémon or because it has a feminine appearance even though he has a Leavanny who also have a feminine appearance despite being male.

8. Hyper Missingno

I'm not really talking about they having same type. I'm talking more about having similar physical appearance.

9. Hyper Missingno

Well, I don't really mind Ash gets Alcremie (or even other female-only Pokemon).

10. esquilo09

Except Riolu is a Jackal while Kubfu is a bear cub.

11. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I doubt they will. They've broken parts of the status quo over the years, but I think that it's in their best interests to keep Pikachu as Satoshi's only Electric-type since that's one of Pikachu's main roles on his team. I like Sutorindaa, but unless the writers were to focus exclusively on its Poison-type traits, I don't see it as a plausible capture for Satoshi.

wolf jani, Zoruagible and esquilo09 like this.
  12. esquilo09

Me either, but there's nothing we can do to change their opnion until the capture episode proves otherwise.

13. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

Yeah, I think the same thing too. However, my best options for another Electric type for Ash are Alolan Raichu and Zeraora. (Alolan Raichu adds a Psychic type and possibly an evolved "Surf Pikachu").

14. Hyper Missingno

Well, the writes can decide to things like making Pikachu as only Ash's electric Pokemon who can become Gigantamax.

15. SlimKennedy

SlimKennedy Well-Known Member

If Ash's first opponent is a dragon type trainer, maybe he'll bring back Gible for the battle. Fight fire with fire as it were. It would be the perfect opportunity to allow for an evolution.

esquilo09 likes this.
  16. esquilo09

The preview showed 6 Darmanitan on their Zen Mode forms, Ash and Go encountering a Litwick.

Red and Blue likes this.
  17. Hyper Missingno

I hope Ash catches Litwick (even Chandelure was included in the poster, so I'll just pray).

18. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

I think I prefer Ash capturing Gengar over catching a Chandelure.

19. Hyper Missingno

Why not catch both?

20. esquilo09

It was funny seeing Ash frightened at the sight of Litwick, does this mean he still remembers that three Litwick and a Lampent tried to take him and his previous traveling companions and TR to the Underworld?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Spider-Phoenix likes this.