• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomRC121991

Well there are other popular Pokémon besides those you all mentioned.

Gardevoir
Hydreigon
Arcanine(OG)
Alakazam
Tyranitar
Zoroark
Metagross
Ninetales(K-form, I dunno if A-form is just as popular or more than K-form)
Gyarados
Tyrantrum
Milotic
Luxray
Chandelure
Haxorus
Volcarona
Aegislash
Machamp
How 'bout this?
Salamence
Drapion
Shiny Flygon
Aegislash
Lickitung
Piplup

Master Pikachu 11

Toxtricity, G-Darmanitan and Urshifu.
Those are not bad choices, but I would add Corviknight because after that Rookiedee that appeared in the Dracovish capture episode, I want to see them go somewhere with it and not just ignore it. Plus it is probably one of the most popular Gen 8 moms in Japan, so they should capitalize on it.
Infernape is already coming back, and we are going to see more of Ash's reserves in Episode 68.
Again just because Infernape is coming back and being used doesn’t mean that the rest of the reserves are going to be used too. Infernape could be just like Charizard was in BW and be the only one that is used because of DP remake promotion. Let’s not start jumping to conclusions otherwise you will be disappointed.

ShadowForce720

I believe they meant the most popular in terms of rankings.

I don't know if this comes from an official poll so I suggest not to take it as fact.

A lot of people are suggesting that one of silhouettes is Surge. While I am willing to accept one more Pikachu vs. Raichu battle, I'd be more accepting if it wasn't the case.

I'm glad that Volkner will likely not be using his own against Ash.
In all honesty I fail to see why Volkner wouldn’t use his Raichu against Ash. When they had their gym battle Volkner likely didn’t use his Raichu because it was a gym battle and his Raichu is probably just as strong as Flint’s Infernape.

Now considering that they are building up Ash to be able to battle Leon, there really isn’t much of a reason for Volkner not use his Raichu against Ash considering that there battle this time isn’t a gym battle.

This means Volkner won’t have to hold back this time around since he won’t be under the restrictions that he would normally be under at his gym.

MartínK

Iris appearing while being one of the least popular pokegirls would make it weird if the top 4 doesn’t appear (Serena, Dawn, Lillie and May).

Actually the ranking in a japanese poll from april to may 2 was Serena, Dawn, Lillie, Misty, May, Koharu, Lana, Iris, Mallow and Bonnie

D

Deleted member 384931

Im fearing that Infernape is coming back for only one episode. It wouldn't surprise me with how episodic this series is written.
I feel you girl. The same. I wanna believe it wont, but the episodic nature makes me very doubtful tbh

MartínK

Well, on the other hand, they had ignore some of Fan demands, like Ash & Flygon was also a fan favorite, since Movie 6 (probably didn't get it because Author planned for Ash to get Dragonite).

To me, Ash needs
- Bug type (only had 2 until now)
- Dark type (which actually uses Dark type moves other than Bite or Church)
- Fairy type (while he has Mr.Mime, its treated more of a Psychic type, and its position is somewhat questionable)
- Ghost type (only Gengar isn't enough)
- Ice type (only had 1 until now)
- Poison type (only 1, which is treated as one, though haven't battled for a long time)
- Psychic type (has Mr.Mime, but its position in his team is questionable)
- Steel type (only has 1 until now, which also uses a Steel type move)

I'm not fan of bug types mons but Vikavolt will be awesome and we give Ash his second electric mon
Greninja will come back with Night Slash instead of Cut
Gardevoir will be the perfect match for Psychic and Fairy mon
For ghost type Dragapult
For ice type G-Darmanitan or Beartic
For poison type i would like Toxicitry and Dragalge
Actually he has two steel type mons: Lucario and Melmetal

ShadowForce720

I'm not fan of bug types mons but Vikavolt will be awesome and we give Ash his second electric mon
Greninja will come back with Night Slash instead of Cut
Gardevoir will be the perfect match for Psychic and Fairy mon
For ghost type Dragapult
For ice type G-Darmanitan or Beartic
For poison type i would like Toxicitry and Dragalge
Actually he has two steel type mons: Lucario and Melmetal
If Ash does wind catching a Bug type Pokémon this time around I think it will probably be a gen 5, 7, and/or 8 gen mon, or maybe a gen 3 or 4 mon.

But I think personally I lean more towards it coming from gens 5, 7, and/or 8.

Scuff

Squirtle Squad
Iris having a Haxorus makes me think if other companions will have team changes if their return.

What I would like to see:
-Misty with Kingdra and Marill
-Tracey with Azumarill/new captures
-May with a new Pokemon from gen 8
-Dawn with Alcremie
-Cilan with a new water or grass type
-Lillie with Ninetails, Magearna and Clefairy
-Lana with Araquanid
-Mallow with anything that is a grass type
-Kiawe with a Growlithe and a Coalossal

I have this idea/hopeful wish that Rowlet, Cyndaquil and Oshawott will receive new final evolution forms for Legends. So if that happens, Ash can fully evolve Oshawott while Dawn Quilava.
But some of them like Mallow, Kiawe, and Lana already showed up again without any new pokemon. I would be a little surprised if any of them made a second return because I can't imagine a scenario where there would be plot relevance and what's the point of going back to Alola to give them a second cameo episode?

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
But some of them like Mallow, Kiawe, and Lana already showed up again without any new pokemon. I would be a little surprised if any of them made a second return because I can't imagine a scenario where there would be plot relevance and what's the point of going back to Alola to give them a second cameo episode?

Ash battling the new winner of Manalo Conference second edition maybe can be a reason.

I know this scenario is not directed to Mallow and Lana but I hope they give them new captures even if they just show them in the background or smth like Brock and Comfey.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Because goh needs to catch more alolan pokemon obviously.

The reason for their first visit was already fairly weak anyways. Any random filler of the day plot can get them to alola, and most likely have at least one of the classmates appear.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

They can come up with plenty of reasons to return to Alola. One of the reasons being Ash's Alolan team. He could return to the region to bring back Rowlet and Melmetal for Legends promotion and Gigantamax

nickdt

Ash battling the new winner of Manalo Conference second edition maybe can be a reason.

I know this scenario is not directed to Mallow and Lana but I hope they give them new captures even if they just show them in the background or smth like Brock and Comfey.

Tbh, only Gladion or Kiawe are believable. Considering Ash still needs to battle Kiawe in an official capacity, its odd they didn't let Ash mention his entry in the PWC.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Heavily disliked=\=particularly popular. I made the distinction earlier. I never said she was popular in Japan. And I said I’ve never sustainable evidence that’s she’s extremely disliked in Japan. It’s like folklore to me; never confirmed but constantly talked about.

But nobody claimed she was "heavily disliked" either. Why are you putting words in people's mouths here? Stop that.

Master Pikachu 11

Goh will want to catch more Pokémon plus this series is suppose to be a world tour and to promote all Pokémon including Gen 7 Pokémon. I think they will go back as soon as Goh’s Mantyke evolves and then Ash is going to mention how he did the Mantine Surf in Alola and then Goh is going to want to go as well. I’m just basing this theory off of the first poster since we see Goh riding on a Mantine.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Tbh, only Gladion or Kiawe are believable. Considering Ash still needs to battle Kiawe in an official capacity, its odd they didn't let Ash mention his entry in the PWC.

I am not saying that Mallow/Lana will be the winner. Im just saying that with that reason to visit Alola I hope we can see updated teams whether they participate or not in the next league.

But I do agree that as a winner I can only see Gladion and Kiawe. And its a pitty Ash didn't mention his title in JN065.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
But nobody claimed she was "heavily disliked" either. Why are you putting words in people's mouths here? Stop that.
Again... I never accused anyone of saying that Iris was heavily disliked. I was discussing people in the past who’ve said that she was heavily disliked by the fandom which has been said on here before. I never accused anyone I was talking to on this thread of calling Iris “heavily disliked”.

Status
Not open for further replies.