1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

He already has Kairyu, which would be at both an advantage and disadvantage against Kibana's Dragon-types. I don't think that Satoshi using two Dragon-types would be smart, and I'd rather see Onigohri again since it's an Ice-type with an obvious type advantage against Dragon-types, anyway.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  2. SlimKennedy

SlimKennedy Well-Known Member

I only suggest it because if I'm not mistaken we've had merch advertising Garchomp.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Wouldn't it be more likely that the Gablias belongs to Kibana since there was a recent tweet that hinted at him appearing soon? I can't remember if he owned a Gablias in the games, but it's a Dragon-type, so it would fit his team.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  4. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

In certain way, we can say Ash's goal this time is gathering power. So, besides capturing any new Pokemon, we can assume he will bring back old Pokemon to make them evolve and increase their strength.

By the way, do you think Grand Oak and "Pokemon Home" will debut in the anime? I say this considering the situation of several of Ash's Pokemon. I mean, Pokemon Home is a service to save your Pokemon from several old games, and it turns out Ash has currently several Pokemon in different places.
    + Oak's Lab: Clearly, this is the mane site, where Ash has most of his Pokemon.
    + Kukui's House: I don't understand why, but Ash leave in Alola his Alolan Pokemon. They are four (Rowlet, Incineroar, Lycanroc and Melmetal), five if we count Naganadel returning through Ultra Holes, and maybe Six if we count Solgaleo?
    + Kalos: As left Goodra and Greninja in Kalos. Goodra lives close to an old man who guards the swamp where it lives, and I suppose Greninja could visit the Professor's Lab at any time he wanted.
    + Squirtle: He's with Officer Jenny and the rest of Squirtle Squad.
    + Primeape: He's training with Anthony, so technically Ash could call it.
    + Lapras, Pidgeot, Butterfree and Larvitar: All of them live now in the wild, but Ash could still meet them again. He at least met Lapras again in Johto after àrting ways on the Orange Islands.

5. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

Garchomp isn’t in base SwSh but it was one of the first Pokémon revealed to be coming back with the DLC. Plus Raihan uses a sand team which Garchomp has abilities to work with. I could see Raihan with one

6. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

That would be 24 at max counting Kanto.

...I would still like him to get 6 Galar Pokemon. Every region should have enough Pokemon to make a full team with.

At this point? I don't care anymore about equal screen-time for Ash's Team. No matter what some will always get special treatment while others will get barely anything. Give him 20-30 more Pokemon (that is as high as I'll go) and maybe people will start cutting him some slack about not catching enough Pokemon or stop complaining about the 29 extra Tauros. Some will still complain, but maybe if he gets enough of their favorites most people will quiet down about it.

At least with this lab setting we can see them playing, training, eating, etc. and show off bits of their personalities even if they don't get used in battle a lot.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Zoruagible likes this.
  7. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

So... Sandaconda for Jessie?

Yeah but this is the series where a single Lucario struggled to Mega evolve while everyone else seemed to do it just fine, and some people could naturally pull off z-moves while others couldn't. I don't think they'll have Team Rocket struggle with it, but that's primarily because they aren't going to utilize it as much as Ash is.

I hope Pikachu is the only one struggling as it's nice to see a way at making Pikachu struggle, but not nerfing him or power resetting him as tradition usually does. I'd like to see it last for awhile, then maybe Ash will have to use other G-max Pokemon instead of just the rat. I love Pikachu but they need to tone down his usage, it's ridiculous sometimes. I'd love to see Dragonite and Gengar get the next battle(And Riolu if he's around)

Unless he catches a Litwik... but I'm not holding my breath. I doubt they'd give him two Ghosts in a single episode span
    Litwik would be dope though, I really hope one of the Unova captures is a Fire type. Be it Victini or Litwik, compensating for the fact Fire got ripped off.

Poke PTSD

Kubfu is an almost certainty.
    Maybe something from the other DLC too

Eh. I'd just feel bad for it, it's a food Pokemon and well.... Ash. Alcreamie somehow surviving the evolution under Ash's command would be the greatest mystery ever
    I think it's something Mallow should get, if she gets an episode appearance.

This is my stance on it too. I'm not getting my hopes up on another Electric type. If Ash gets Luxio and/or Toxtricity I'll be pleasantly surprised but I'm not going to hold out hope for what is most likely a lost cause lol

I have a hard time seeing them let a Garchomp play second fiddle to Raihan's Duraludon though. Which is also in merchandise so... it's probably gonna stay his main. Easy way to show off the Gigantimax and what not.

It'd be so nice if they did that, bringing all of Ash's Pokemon into one place. That is how it should be
    Though I'd say he has to personally fetch Greninja, Naganadel coming back full time wouldn't need a whole lot of explanation. But Greninja would. Haven't seen him since he left!

I'd love to see Grand Oak..... but Gary Oak better appear too. So many Oaks yet the best one remains neglected, I don't blame them for him being absent from SM. He would have stolen Mallow and Lillie from Ash with a snap of his finger!

I doubt every region is getting more than one capture, for Ash anyways. lol
    Galar and Kanto will get favored. Unova might get more but that's cause it has the biggest pool to take from, and maybe Sinnoh if the remakes happen. But Johto, Alola, and Kalos, wouldn't surprise me if they just got a single capture each.

I hope he gets one from every region anyways. I'd be annoyed if they skipped a region, especially if it's the one that starts with a J and ends with an O

8. Hyper Missingno

Hyper Missingno Well-Known Member

If this series is like focusing on adventure, like previous series except SM, then I don't mind having just 5 Galar Pokemon (+ Pikachu) for Ash's team.

However, since this series isn't really focusing on adventure (at least so far), I think Ash's team can be much more flexible than previous series, that's why I think Ash can catch many Pokemon in this series.

Of course, I think 24 is kind of too many (I put 2 or 3 since Ash seems getting lots of Kanto region Pokemon, so I was kind of even things up), but my point is kind of I want to see Ash gets new Pokemon from every region (heck, just 1 each region is still okay).

9. World Turtle

I would like Ash to get Tyranitar and Houndoom. If Ash were to get anything from Johto I hope its these two.
    Espeon would be nice, but there are other Eeveelutions. Maybe they'll even be one in the DLC.

Hoenn: Flygon
    Sinnoh: Lucario
    Unova: ...need to think about this.
    Kalos: Tyrantrum or Trevenant
    Alola: Golisopod or Sandslash

10. Decidueye23

Decidueye23 Well-Known Member

I have conflicting feelings about ash just catching these superstrong pokemon. Like yes. I love the idea of him getting lucario, dragonite etc. But i really wish he challeneges leone with the ultimate team he has built over the years.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  11. Ash-Greninja4life

Ash-Greninja4life Well-Known Member

While in Unova he had lots of Pokemon already.
    Unfezant
    Oshawott
    Pignite
    Snivy
    Scraggy
    Leavanny
    Palpitoad
    Krookodile
    Boldore

I feel like he doesn’t really have to capture many other Pokemon from Unova, but focus on bringing back Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy back to evolve. And even Pignite and Boldore. Palpitoad needs a bit if something too, Seismetoad is an interesting Pokemon for Ash.

Litwick is in option and I don’t think it would be that much of a problem if ash caught it a couple months down the line, but if he does capture Gengar then I doubt they’ll give Ash two ghost types in a few episodes. I would say it’s going to Go if anything

esquilo09 likes this.
  12. Ash-Greninja4life

Ash-Greninja4life Well-Known Member

I’m a believer that if we are seeing Ash try to climb the ranks to somehow be world champion then he will have to utilise his best 6 Pokemon at some stage. They have never forgotten that Ash’s Pokemon exist, in Sinnoh we had them returning for the league, in Sun and Moon we saw Ash’s Bulbasaur, Totodile and Corphish. In Unova we heard Professor Oak talking about Swellow and Staraptor and we had the opening of all of Ash’s Pokemon and Charizard returning. Hoenn we had Bulbasaur, BF we had Snorlax, Tauros, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard.

Ashs Pokemon have always been around although I see a lot of people saying they forget about all of them.

with their home base being in Kanto, surely it’s only a matter of time before we see some of Ash’s Pokemon. Whether that’s when he challenges the elite 4 and champions or sooner to develop them.

13. Cptnmac1

Cptnmac1 Well-Known Member

If ash is getting Gengar, I'm wondering what that scan we had of Gengar, dragonite pickachu and scyther awhile back could mean. It would seem random to show 3 of ashs Pokemon and scyther because if they were gonna add one of Gou's Pokemon, you'd think it would be scorbunny. I wonder if you might give scyther to ash since scyther seems to be a battler and Gou doesn't really have any interest in battles. Scyther is another fan favorite Pokemon and so is Scizor so I could see them evolving it at some point since we haven't seen a metal cost evolution before (brocks onix evolved off screen).

BabaVanga and esquilo09 like this.
  14. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

Actually the Metal Coat appeared in that Hoenn episode where a girl was making her Scizor to wear a red blanket and scribble the defeated Pokémon's forehead,

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  15. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

What makes you think that Ash will catch a Houndoom? He might skip a Fire type just like he skipped Grass type in Kalos and Water type in Alola sagas.

16. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I wonder how this tournament thing works

17. Hyper Missingno

I think it is just personal preference.

18. World Turtle

Technically he just has to skip out on a Galar Fire Type. Fire types from the other regions might still be on the table.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  19. Hyper Missingno

Like Ash catching Litwick on next episode? ;)

20. batisan

batisan New Member

o ash pega Gengar no ep 16