• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Why would you want freaking TYSON of all people to return geez
If ash is a thousand times stronger than gladion and kiawe hes a gazillion times stronger than Tyson lmao
Would hate to see him, he was such a bad character and his victory against Ash was BS
Meowth in boots is such a bad concept
The only Anime OC i want to see return (and are actually warranted unlike Aj and Giselle lol) are Paul, Alain, Tobias, Max and Tracey.
Noooooo! I want return this great Ash's rival:
21.jpg

Decidueye23

Why would you want freaking TYSON of all people to return geez
If ash is a thousand times stronger than gladion and kiawe hes a gazillion times stronger than Tyson lmao
Would hate to see him, he was such a bad character and his victory against Ash was BS
Meowth in boots is such a bad concept
The only Anime OC i want to see return (and are actually warranted unlike Aj and Giselle lol) are Paul, Alain, Tobias, Max and Tracey.
I agree.

Out of all the Rivals the only one i am really interested in Ash battling is Alain. Getting that one win against him would finally give us some XY fans some closure lol

I would not mind seeing Paul back but his final battle with Ash was so good and perfect that there isnt anything that excites me from their battle anymore.

Tobias was such a Plot Armour in my head he doesnt exist lol

Tracey and Max yes for sure. 100 percent i want them back.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Does anyone else think Mayleene looks better with a medicham?

I would like to see her with a Mega medicham
The Pokémon Masters game seems to agree with you since that's the pokémon she uses there.

You just said before that Ash would wipe the floor with Kiawe, etc because he is in the Hyper class and now because I bring up of having Ash use Incineroar is now all of a sudden going to make Ash lose
You take it out of context. Previously I talk about Ash with his current team, not Incineroar. It was you who brought up Incineroar.
A great trainer brings out the best of his/ her Pokémon regardless of how they fight that is why Ash is good at adjusting during battles on the fly.
Even a great trainer will have trouble when forced to battle while still trying to figure out the new pokemon battle style, just look at how Ash cannot handle newly evolved Torterra as well as handling newly captured G.Farfetch'd. Ash is not almighty trainer. It took him few battles for him to adjust with Riolu and G.Farfetch'd. Dragonite is different because its bulk and mobility suit his battling style.
Ash supposedly capturing a Rookidee. But that was scrapped because of the change in storyboard director and team.
Ash had met Rookidee few months ago without resulting in capture. So whatever change it is, it happened after that no capture episode so I don't think they are related.

Last edited:
yeah i same, two days ago i beat her in pkmn fire red game heh.
Ah! I still have that game idk why :(
You take it out of context. Previously I talk about Ash with his current team, not Incineroar. It was you who brought up Incineroar.

Even a great trainer will have trouble when forced to battle while still trying to figure out the new pokemon battle style, just look at how Ash cannot handle newly evolved Torterra as well as handling newly captured G.Farfetch'd. Ash is not almighty trainer. It took him few battles for him to adjust with Riolu and G.Farfetch'd. Dragonite is different because its bulk and mobility suit his battling style.

Ash had met Rookidee few months ago without resulting in capture. So whatever change it is, it happened after that no capture episode so I don't think they are related.
Yeah exactly. I mean he taught his torterra rock climb of all things. Could've easily destroyed that drapion if ash taught him something like earthquake.
I feel like Satoshis team is complete somehow.
Exactly. As I said before, long a** wish-lists can be put to an eternal sleep.

DuskAstral

Since Iris' Axew evolved offscreen and Goh's Pokémon evolve even when he is not around opened up the possibilities of Ash's Pokémon evolving offscreen too.
In my opinion, it does not indicate anything. Axew isn't the only Pokémon to evolve off-screen (that includes Onix Brock or Eevee and Turtwig May), and we've seen Sobble evolve.
Anyway, I don't think Satoshi's Pokémon that aren't on his current team were training in his absence, so I don't see any indications for evolution.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If hypothetically Alain were to return, I wonder if he considers himself worthy of Mega Evolution again, seeing as he gave up the Mega Ring and Stone at the end of the Flare Arc?
You know what I'd like being done to a hypothetic Alain return?

At some point, make him just give away his mega ring to Ash. Like, next time we see him, he's finally finding happiness and purpose on what he does and ultimately pulls a Gary and decides Pokémon Professor is the way to go. He gives the ring (and maybe the mega stone) to Ash wishing him the best of lucky and fully trusting he'd be the best person to put the items to good use.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
You know what I'd like being done to a hypothetic Alain return?

At some point, make him just give away his mega ring to Ash. Like, next time we see him, he's finally finding happiness and purpose on what he does and ultimately pulls a Gary and decides Pokémon Professor is the way to go. He gives the ring (and maybe the mega stone) to Ash wishing him the best of lucky and fully trusting he'd be the best person to put the items to good use.
That would be a great idea

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
In my opinion, it does not indicate anything. Axew isn't the only Pokémon to evolve off-screen (that includes Onix Brock or Eevee and Turtwig May), and we've seen Sobble evolve.
Anyway, I don't think Satoshi's Pokémon that aren't on his current team were training in his absence, so I don't see any indications for evolution.

Usually, I would agree with that, but since Charizard has been living at Oak's Lab since the end of Unova, I suppose he could have motivated the other Pokemon to train by themselves. I mean, Charizard spent a lot of time in the Charirrific Valley, so it's fitting he would like to motivate Ash's other Pokemon to keep training. I could see him trying to train with Infernape and Pignite. (Pignite even had a deep admiration for Charizard).

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Grotle learned Rock climb on it's own (Ash sure didn't see it coming) and Earthquake's been banned from the anime since the hoenn league due to their being powerful earthquakes in japan over the years.
I never understood this. Like should we ban eruption if a volcano erupts in Japan? Or surf when there’s a tsunami? I wish they’d allow the tortoise (and the elephant again) to have a ground stab.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I never understood this. Like should we ban eruption if a volcano erupts in Japan? Or surf when there’s a tsunami? I wish they’d allow the tortoise (and the elephant again) to have a ground stab.
Tbf, earthquakes tend to be very frequent in Japan due to the Ring of Fire and at times can be quite devastating. Coupled with the fact that earthquakes are far more destructive than tsunamis and volcano eruptions are rare in Japan.

ToyGod

I am on YouTube too!!
I sincerely doubt a change in directors would result in an important arc getting scrapped just like that.

You do realize TV shows are written and animated months in advance, right?

The Project Mew story would've been worked on long before the Suicune episode was even announced, let alone aired for people to see.

His lack of prescence in the opening suggests otherwise.

Galar doesn't get that much focus because this isn't a Galar-focused anime. I'm think at 60-somehing episodes in that'd be obvious.
Thank you for describing more about this. As I said, it was a theory. Maybe my headcanon or something. I made some theories of myself and posted here. It is great that I posted it here, instead of making a video on it. That would make me look like a clown. I do believe that the Ponyta episode could have been scrapped, but maybe I am wrong

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

at least more alternatives have come along since then, the anime doesn't seem to mind using the move bulldoze (which is similar to earthquake but much weaker)

and respectively Torterra can learn Stomping Tantrum which is a ground move and Donphan can learn either that or High Horsepower

ShadowForce720

at least more alternatives have come along since then, the anime doesn't seem to mind using the move bulldoze (which is similar to earthquake but much weaker)

and respectively Torterra can learn Stomping Tantrum which is a ground move and Donphan can learn either that or High Horsepower
That is kind of weird that Earthquake, Magnitude, and Fissure is banned but then they have no problem showing other moves that are similar to them like Bulldoze, Land’s Wrath and Tectonic Rage.

Especially considering Tectonic Rage literally splited the ground open similar to how you would expect Fissure to be.

So I have to wonder if the reason why Earthquake, Magnitude, and Fissure are banned more because of their actual names.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Thank you for describing more about this. As I said, it was a theory. Maybe my headcanon or something. I made some theories of myself and posted here. It is great that I posted it here, instead of making a video on it. That would make me look like a clown. I do believe that the Ponyta episode could have been scrapped, but maybe I am wrong
The Ponyta episode introduced Opal and she may have something to do with Koharu's future

Status
Not open for further replies.