• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
That is kind of weird that Earthquake, Magnitude, and Fissure is banned but then they have no problem showing other moves that are similar to them like Bulldoze, Land’s Wrath and Tectonic Rage.

Especially considering Tectonic Rage literally splited the ground open similar to how you would expect Fissure to be.

So I have to wonder if the reason why Earthquake, Magnitude, and Fissure are banned more because of their actual names.

and tectonic rage isn't even performed correctly in the anime like it was in the games, in the games the pokemon literally piledrives the opponent far underground to the point where they eventually explode, the anime's version glorified catapult launcher in the opposite way.

Granted Bulldoze didn't look like it was sending off the extreme tremors that Earthquake and Fissure did.

I don't think we'll ever get an answer to this properly maybe some moves they feel stingy about in the anime apposed to others.

Red and Blue

People always talk about Greninja this and Greninja that but I have a question of my own:

Do you guys think we'll ever see Naganadel ever again?
Its possible. Ash could call upon it like he can his other reserves and released Pokemon to help out in the PWC

ShadowForce720

and tectonic rage isn't even performed correctly in the anime like it was in the games, in the games the pokemon literally piledrives the opponent far underground to the point where they eventually explode, the anime's version glorified catapult launcher in the opposite way.

Granted Bulldoze didn't look like it was sending off the extreme tremors that Earthquake and Fissure did.

I don't think we'll ever get an answer to this properly maybe some moves they feel stingy about in the anime apposed to others.
Yeah, you know the funny thing of how they depicted the move Fissure in the 3 times it was shown in the anime, it only was depicted as splitting the ground open in it’s first appearance when AJ’s Sandshrew used it in early OS, however after that it switched to just being depicted as a energy beam that traveled along the ground.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Its possible. Ash could call upon it like he can his other reserves and released Pokemon to help out in the PWC

kind of makes me wonder how Iris would react to it, considering how she was so into Dracovish.

Yeah, you know the funny thing of how they depicted the move Fissure in the 3 times it was shown in the anime, it only was depicted as splitting the ground open in it’s first appearance when AJ’s Sandshrew used it in early OS, however after that it switched to just being depicted as a energy beam that traveled along the ground.

agreed.

even so more plausible ground options have come along since the earlier gens so allowing Donphan and Torterra to use them would be good I think.

ShadowForce720

I really hope Goodra and Nagandel are able to return too
Pretty sure Pidgeot and Primeape wont
50/50 on squirtle and greninja
rest definitely will
I mean who really knows at this point considering that some people didn’t think it would be possible for us to seem M1 Mewtwo return in the anime and yet it wound up happening anyway.

On top of that no offense to people that are fans of Chuck, but I doubt most people were like “oh yes Chuck the gym leader from Johto will likely show up in Journeys”.lol

So yeah I wouldn’t exactly put it past Journeys to actually bring back Ash’s Pidgeot and Primeape. I’m not saying that I think it will definitely happen though.

Pokemon Power

I have to say, the staff is using Goh to break a lot of traditions that the anime has had since the beginning. They're letting him catch legendaries, which is understandable since it's his goal to complete the National Dex. They let him get all three of the Galar starters instead of Ash, which I'm a little annoyed about because I think Grookey would've been a good fit for Ash. And they let him have an episode all to himself, without Ash and his Pikachu appearing.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Raihan and Leon were so One-dimensional in the game lol. One's main shtick was "I WILL DEFEAT YOU LEON and OOH LETS TAKE A SELFIE" while the other's was "UNBEATABLE CHARIZARD and I GET LOST EASILY". Really infuriating when these shticks become their entire character and any other complexity they may have is locked behind in league cards but not in the narrative. For all its faults i like the anime versions better because Leon and Raihan just dont revolve around that, the former is shown to be quite serious when it needs to be, actually taking on Rose, gauging and challenging Ash and allowing him to battle wild Dynamaxed mons with him, etc. Meanwhile Raihan atleast had that womaniser moment where he wanted to ask Sonia on a date. All in all, im glad their anime appearances dont only rely on their shticks
Raihan maybe but Leon? I’m not going to pretend he’s some ultra deep character but he had a bit more to him than just blatant Charizard favoritism.
Edit: Lol what are the odds we reply to each other’s comments at about the same time?

Scuff

Squirtle Squad
I agree.

Out of all the Rivals the only one i am really interested in Ash battling is Alain. Getting that one win against him would finally give us some XY fans some closure lol

I would not mind seeing Paul back but his final battle with Ash was so good and perfect that there isnt anything that excites me from their battle anymore.

Tobias was such a Plot Armour in my head he doesnt exist lol

Tracey and Max yes for sure. 100 percent i want them back.
Ngl I kinda disagree. I think a rematch with Alain would be a little boring given Alain seems to have mostly given up his goal of making his Charizard the strongest pokemon and even if he hasn't, he has no mega stone. The only upcoming arcs that I think are safe to predict personally are a mega evolution arc in Kalos that could potentially see the return of Ash Greninja, Serena, and Alain to get Lucario his mega stone and an Arceus arc in Sinnoh to promote the upcoming games, hopefully bringing back Paul, Dawn, and Cynthia. A rematch vs Paul seems so much better to me because he's had so long to improve and Ash never beat his strongest pokemon, Torterra. Alain could be interesting if the two look for their mega stones together though and maybe see a rematch that way. I would love to see a rematch between Ash and Tobias. Personally I want a 6v6 where we see the rest of Tobias' team, hopefully including 1-2 more legendaries and 2-3 strong pokemon that aren't legendary that would justify him beating and catching so many legends. A mega would also be cool to see him with. Tracey would be cool to be at Oak's lab but his role would be pretty limited so he'd only be there for fan service I guess.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't think Alain will return, Ash was simply inferior to him and that's it, Alain was always better trainer and that's it.

and yet he told Ash that he felt he was the superior trainer in the end.

I get why people want it though, they want Greninja to return and follow through on the hype that in their eyes should've happened during that battle but didn't, but at this point i'm not so sure it matters as much.

besides Alain isn't the only important character running around with a charizard this series either.

and yet he told Ash that he felt he was the superior trainer in the end.

I get why people want it though, they want Greninja to return and follow through on the hype that in their eyes should've happened during that battle but didn't, but at this point i'm not so sure it matters as much.

besides Alain isn't the only important character running around with a charizard this series either.
I'd rather Greninja fought M-Gardevoir (Diantha)

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Back in February, Iwane is saying in this tweet that he wants to see Paul & Alain again. I'm pretty sure if the Staff had any plans for Paul & Alain then Iwane would be on NDA and not allowed to say anything about them returning. So I wonder if this means, the staff don't have plans as of yet for them to come back.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Back in February, Iwane is saying in this tweet that he wants to see Paul & Alain again. I'm pretty sure if the Staff had any plans for Paul & Alain then Iwane would be on NDA and not allowed to say anything about them returning. So I wonder if this means, the staff don't have plans as of yet for them to come back.

I think he said something similar about Paul several years ago iirc, it was so long ago.

Master Pikachu 11

Since Iris' Axew evolved offscreen and Goh's Pokémon evolve even when he is not around opened up the possibilities of Ash's Pokémon evolving offscreen too. Personally, I'd like to see Ash's snivy to have at least evolved into a Servine and Gible into Gabite.
Yeah that would be awesome if that happened and would explain why they were not shown in that scene in the preview

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Just bring Alain back and let Ash win, that's literally the only point of bringing the character back. His story ended but Greninja's didn't, the frog needs redemption(Noivern too!)
Seeing how they LOVE doing 1v1's so much right now he's literally perfect for it, don't waste Paul or a Elite Four member/Shafted Champion(cause not all are going to be in the top 8) on more 2v2's

Paul will be the interesting one as he left once Ash beat him, we didn't really get to see how he behaves now. I imagine he's still pretty cold towards people but he's likely learned from Ash and treats his Pokemon better, unlocking the secrets of Mega Evolution too

Morax

King of heroes
Just bring Alain back and let Ash win, that's literally the only point of bringing the character back. His story ended but Greninja's didn't, the frog needs redemption(Noivern too!)
Seeing how they LOVE doing 1v1's so much right now he's literally perfect for it, don't waste Paul or a Elite Four member/Shafted Champion(cause not all are going to be in the top 8) on more 2v2's

Paul will be the interesting one as he left once Ash beat him, we didn't really get to see how he behaves now. I imagine he's still pretty cold towards people but he's likely learned from Ash and treats his Pokemon better, unlocking the secrets of Mega Evolution too
Paul is basically vegeta. He'd be cold towards Ash but respect his training methods and proficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.