1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

Instead the writers decided that Trip should own a Chandelure.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Cptnmac1

Cptnmac1 Well-Known Member

He owned a lampent, not a chandelure, and we only ever saw it once

Leonhart likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

That would be my top choice if Satoshi gets an Eievui, assuming that he evolves it of course, which would be 50/50 since Eievui is quite popular on its own, but at the same time Eievui's main purpose is usually to evolve.

esquilo09 and janejane6178 like this.
  4. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

It and the rest of Trip's pokemon probably evolved at some point, but we never saw them due to his overreliance on his starter, and Ash eliminating him in the unnova league prelims.

Ubermuk likes this.
  5. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Just pointing this out but Lucario was massively popular back during DP and yet Ash didn't get one during that series, and yet there is a possibitly that Ash could be getting a Riolu/Lucario now. So I don't think Ash not getting a Chandelure back during BW means that it isn't popular or that somehow he can't get it now.

6. Almighty Zard

you realize people will use the logic you present as detraction right?

7. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

What a waste of a great Pokemon I mean he didn't even evolve it so I was pissed off that the writer of that one episode gave him a Lampent in the first place...

8. Almighty Zard

there's a certain pokemon Ash's owns i'm equally annoyed at him being given and hate whoever gave it to him as well.

also happens to be a fire type.

edit: and it ain't any of the starters, so which of the remaining two can you guess?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Ubermuk likes this.
  9. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Quite a few of Shooti's Pokemon seemed pointless on his team considering that his final battle against Satoshi only involved Shooti using Jalorda, which meant that the rest of his team was unimportant. But in the case of Lampler specifically, I never liked it as much as Hitomoshi, so I didn't care that much that it received very little screen-time back in BW. Assuming that Satoshi does get Hitomoshi in the next episode, I'd want it to evolve into Chandela quickly.

10. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

It was either Torkoal or Numel though, and I just don't think they were willing to give Ash a dual type Pokemon in 3rd generation as the only one he had was Swellow and that's only because of the insistence at the time that flying types be always dual typed (usually with normal).

I don't think Numel or Camerupt would've fared any better than Torkoal anyway especially when Earthquake was banned in 3rd generation or presumably banned.

I'm more pissed that they thought Ash vs Trip should only have been a 1 vs 1, it should've at least been a 2 vs 2 or a 3 vs 3. And as such any Pokemon was completely pointless.

I get that they only wanted each of Ash's Pokemon (barring Pikachu) to ONLY get one battle, but it was annoying, just like how they completely skipped most of Ash's battles in XY&Z in favor of only Sawyer and Alain.

Like was the entire Sawyer vs Tierno really all that important, when Goodra and Noivern could've gotten more battle time.

Ubermuk likes this.
  11. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Generation III didn't have many ideal fire types for Ash. In hindsight, I think they should have let Ash take along Phanpy instead of giving him a fire type for the Hoenn portion of AG.

Leonhart likes this.
  12. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Gen III was awful in terms of type diversity since I seem to recall there being tons of Water-types, but few Fire-types. Out of the available Gen III Fire-types, I would've rather seen Satoshi get Donmel over Cotoise in AG, but at the moment I think it'd be pointless for Satoshi to get a Donmel since I don't think he really needs a Fire-type on his current team, anyway. Maybe it's time to break another pattern.

Ubermuk and esquilo09 like this.
  13. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

I wouldn't complain if they did that. I like Coalossal.

/////////

So no Galar Gym Challenge instead we have the World Championships with unaccountable number of battles ahead.

So I'm thinking we're going to start seeing Ash rotate in his reserves when he's in the Great Ball tier and needs help from his reserves to get to Ultra.

So how do you they going to manage the cast herd that is Ash's Pokemon once they hopefully get around to rotating?

Kanto: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Kingler, Primeape, Muk, Tauros, Snorlax, Mr. Mime, Dragonite = 11
    Released: Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras = 3
    Johto: Heracross, Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Noctowl, Donphan = 6
    Hoenn: Swellow, Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie = 5
    Sinnoh: Staraptor, Torterra, Infernape, Buizel, Gliscor, Gible = 6
    Unova: Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, Krookodile = 9
    Kalos: Talonflame, Hawlucha, Noivern = 3
    Released: Greninja, Goodra = 2
    Alola: Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar, Melemetal = 4
    Released: Naganadel = 1
    Total: 44-50

This is going to increase and only get bigger. Given this is a world tour format and Ash will be battling trainers from all the regions the best way I feel to give everyone their chance to shine is to use his Pokemon in their regions of origin so Johto Team is used in Johto. That way we can mostly avoid Pikachu or Charizard being spotlight stealers. I say mostly because he's always going to use Pikachu. This is a given.

If he's going to be Johto it makes sense to me for Ash to showcase his Johto Pokemon.

There can be exceptions to this if they got a Mega Evolution in Kalos/Hoenn or Gigantamax Form in Galar (or if they're Pikachu).

I know some people might not like this idea and I respect that but please understand I'm only proposing this as a way to make sure all of Ash's Pokemon get a chance to show their stuff. If someone has another idea I'd love to hear it.

Though once we get to the Top 8/Master Ball Rank we see the All Stars from all eight regions assemble.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  14. Decidueye23

Decidueye23 Well-Known Member

I agree i hope the power houses dont retuen atleast until the ultra level. Let the mons who didnt get to shine, get their due in the normal and great leagues. Its going to be fun. Especially if past pokemon come back and evolve. Snivy, oshawott, pignite, gible, pokemon that deserved evolving should come back and evolve.

15. catch am all

catch am all Active Member

how worldchampionship going to be can anyone explain ?

16. MegaSalamence05

MegaSalamence05 Well-Known Member

For the Pokemon that Ash has that can evolve if they return. As well as just some things I want to see happen. As this is a world tournament and if Ash is using his old pokemon with some new Pokemon I could see some things happen for sure. As now with Ash's Poipole evolving off screen to Naganadel things are a lot more open with having some of Ash's pokemon evolve off screen and prove that they've been training at Prof. Oak's labratories after all of this time.

Kanto is excluded only because I don't think they need any Evolutions. That's also why I think he's getting Mr. Mime, Dragonite and the hypothetical Gengar.

Johto either one of the Starters Bayleef or Quilava. I'm more partial to Quilava evolving over Bayleef because Typhlosion only has had the Raikou special episode Arc as its arc in the show.

Hoenn - I don't see being touched because the only Pokemon that can evolve is Corphish out of the group and that can stay in its base stage with Totodile

Sinnoh - Gible please evolve all the way to Garchomp and learn from Cynthia please and thank you

Unova - Scraggy to Scrafty, Palpitoad to Seismitoad, Boldore to Gigalith, Snivy to Servine and Pignite to Emboar. Oshawott meets Scorbunny I think could be comedy gold with Scorbunny playing Soccer (Futbol) with Oshawott's Scalchop. Give Ash's Unova team some much needed love.

Kalos - No one available

Alola - No one available. Give Melmetal something special as its Ash's only Mythical Pokemon (Gigantimax) as well as I want to see Incineroar battle

Leonhart likes this.
  17. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

I don't think Ash will use reserves. We were hopeful before...

18. catch am all

catch am all Active Member

i don't think ash will go with new pokemon either this time .

19. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Whether or not the reserves will return is something that I'm not quite sure about, although I'm leaning on it happening later in the series when Satoshi gets closer to the higher ranks. But even so, I think that at most one of Satoshi's reserves will evolve [two if we're really lucky]. I don't think that the writers would have a problem showing the reserves again, but I'm not quite confident in their interest to evolve a lot of them.

Decidueye23 likes this.
  20. Ash-Greninja4life

Ash-Greninja4life Well-Known Member

I made a point yesterday that Ash’s reserves are always in the background of the anime. And I think to Battle in the high tiers, he needs to use his reserves. It’s all well and good capturing Dragonite but it’s never battled before, we don’t know what it’s capabilities are yet. Gengar on the other hand seems to be an awesome battler. However I can’t see Ash using the same 6 Pokemon for the whole tournament through all the ranks, unless he’s catching legendaries, I don’t think any Pokemon he captures will be at elite 4/champion level in the wild?

I feel it must be only a matter of time before we see the likes of Totodile, Snivy etc for the lower tiers Bayleef, Pignite, Quilava for middle tiers and Charizard, Greninja, Sceptile etc for the higher tiers.

With evolutions hopefully. Ash can not enter the world tournament without his old Pokemon, it would be unfair. Especially as they are promoting every region, it seems necessary.

Ubermuk and World Turtle like this.