1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

I wonder if they would evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle. I know it doesn't fit prior characterization but things change, people change. Maybe they'll go "oh they're okay with evolving now" and just like that Ash has Venusaur and Blastoise.

And I can't help but think if the higher ups tell the writers "Evolve them" they might have to comply. Ash having all three fully evolved Kanto Starters might be more marketable since they are the version mascots of the RGB games.

A part of me thinks they might evolve everyone but Pikachu (obviously) as a marketing strategy to hype up this World Championship plot. Evolving all of Ash's Pokemon making them into powerhouses and facing off with Elite Four and Champions from all over the world would be one way to do that.

Paul1985 and BabaVanga like this.
  2. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Following the dreams!!

Well.. Rowlet is available in Alola!!

3. Cptnmac1

Cptnmac1 Well-Known Member

Rowlet currently has an everstone

4. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Following the dreams!!

That's not an issue I guess, they can take care of it if Rowlet wants to evolve!

5. Decidueye23

Decidueye23 Well-Known Member

If anyone deserves an evolution its his snivy. I still dont understand why it didnt evolve during bw

6. batisan

batisan New Member

Riolu em Lucario Grookey em Thwackey e Rillaboom Gengar Sobble, Drizzile, Inteleon, Corvisquire evolui para Corviknight Drednaw, possivelmente Zorua pode ser possível. Kubfu em estilo simples ou rápido Urshifu. Carkol e Coalossal Snom e Frosmoth. Flygon possivelmente e Chandelure. Isso pode se tornar uma série de estilos de rotação para Ash, como preto e branco, mas espero que seja melhor. Além disso, Ash pode girar em sua equipe Alola e Rowlet pode finalmente evoluir com esperança. Além disso, o Totodile pode retornar e evoluir para o Croconaw. Juntamente com o retorno de suas reservas no laboratório de Oaks, além do Greninja de Ash, seu Charizard Bulbasaur e Squirtle. Oportunidade, mas Primeape, Pidgeot e Goodra, assim como possivelmente Naganadel, também poderiam retornar.

7. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

Translation in English via Google translate:

Riolu in Lucario Grookey in Thwackey and Rillaboom Gengar Sobble, Drizzile, Inteleon, Corvisquire evolves into Corviknight Drednaw, possibly Zorua may be possible. Kubfu in simple or Urshifu fast style. Carkol and Coalossal Snom and Frosmoth. Flygon possibly and Chandelure. This could become a series of rotation styles for Ash, like black and white, but I hope it will be better. In addition, Ash can turn on his team Alola and Rowlet can finally evolve with hope. In addition, Totodile can return and evolve into Croconaw. Along with the return of its reserves in the laboratory of Oaks, besides the Greninja of Ash, its Charizard Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Opportunity, but Primeape, Pidgeot and Goodra, as well as possibly Naganadel, could also return.

8. World Turtle

So episode 2 of Twilight Wings featured the Machop line. Maybe that's why we were seeing a lot of Machamp? It is Bea's ace Pokemon.

Since I'd rather see Ash bring back Primeape to be his Kanto Fighting type than catch a Machamp I hope this is the case.

9. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

I think the only two Pokémon of Ash’s that expressed disdain for evolution were Pikachu and Bulbasaur. As far as I know, Bulbasaur saying it wasn’t ready to evolve yet was a dub only thing and the original stated it just didn’t wanna evolve.

10. esquilo09

esquilo09 Well-Known Member

Seems to be the case, no wonder there was many Machamp merch.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  11. Captain Jigglypuff

I think Snivy also preferred not to evolve. She was already a lot stronger than most Snivy and had a ton of battling experience before she met Ash. Evolution seems to work differently in the anime where some Pokémon evolve after a battle like the games but then you have ones that evolve out of pure willpower to become stronger and win a battle or to prove a point. Ash’s Caterpie is a perfect example of this. It evolved into a Metapod through normal means but then it evolved again into Butterfree in only two days which even the Poké Dex noted as being very unusual. Charmeleon only evolved because Aerodactyl insulted it after being a Charmeleon for about three episodes. And Ekans and Koffing evolved out of pure love of their trainers and to make Jessie and James’ desire of their Pokémon to be stronger so they could win.

esquilo09 likes this.
  12. World Turtle

TBH, I just find the mental image of Pikachu being the boss of a bunch of fully evolved powerhouses to be hilarious.

Like imagine a trainer in the higher ranks of the Great Ball Tier or the Ultra Ball Tier who doesn't really know Ash, but has seen a few of his matches where he used say Charizard or Melmetal, challenge him and is getting ready for something powerful, but gets this little yellow rat instead and he's like all "You've got t be kidding what's that rat going to-(Pikachu makes short work of the guy's Metagross)-...what just happen?"

13. esquilo09

Pikachu is a mouse.

14. Captain Jigglypuff

Technically yes but other have referred to it as a “rat” the most notable being TRio on several occasions.

15. World Turtle

Yes, but if the trainer Ash is fighting is a jerk calling Pikachu a "rat" would fit better as an insult.

esquilo09 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  16. esquilo09

Well considering that in most cartoons, calling an antropomorphic mouse a rat is considered to be a tabu by them.

As seen in the Motorbike Mice from Mars where that mouse with an eyepatch gets into a fit of rage whenever he and his brothers are referred as rats.

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  17. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: ???

This is basically GSC/HGSS Red

18. Jibanyan

Jibanyan Well-Known Member

In japanese, there is no distinction between rat or mouse(okay, there is but only if you want to be very specific), both are called "nezumi" and Pikachu is the "nezumi Pokémon".

Spider-Phoenix and KenzeyEevee like this.
  19. nickdt

nickdt Well-Known Member

Well... technically, Pikachu is a squirrel, since thats where its based on.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  20. Captain Jigglypuff

Let’s all just agree that Pikachu is a rodent, okay?