• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

Ashton and Gou could both get one and have their evos showcase the different forms.

Gou is Lowkey while Ash is Amped.

While Obstagoon isn't really all that high on my list for captures Ash getting him, Toxtricity, and Rillaboom would be hilarious.

Given Ash is voiced by Rica Matsumoto who has sung several of the openings Ash could take Obstagoon's place as the vocals.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I really can't see Ash with any of the new Fire-types anyways.

doesn't mean he shouldn't get a fire type at all.

who knows they could still give him one of the two new ones, we don't know what they'll do.

besides if you want to get technical with previous regional stuff, I seem to recall during unova he caught 2 Grass types and two Water types, but he only got 1 Fire type.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RileyXY1 said:
In terms of Ghost-types I would rather want to see Ash get a Galarian Yamask.

So would I just to see it evolve into Desubaan, which would be more suitable to the current era than its alternative evolution, although Desubaan has a rather ominous design even for a Ghost-type. So I question if it would be a suitable Pokemon for Satoshi's team.

World Turtle

So would I just to see it evolve into Desubaan, which would be more suitable to the current era than its alternative evolution, although Desubaan has a rather ominous design even for a Ghost-type. So I question if it would be a suitable Pokemon for Satoshi's team.

Frankly, it'd be nice to finally see Ash get a Ghost type regardless of design. OS yanked our chain with Haunter (the episode title said a capture happened...) and then dashed our hopes with Rowlet (well except for those who didn't want him to evolve which is fine, but that was Ash's first solid chance at a ghost type in 20 years).

I'd be more concerned about Runerigus's evolutionary requirements than its design.

Last edited:

SatoSereFan224888

How can you say that Ash should not be the main focus of the show when he's still the main character? The writers have kept him in the show so it doesn't make sense for him to step back and let Go lead. A terrible gym battle outfit is the least of Ash's worries :p

But I feel Ash should not focus on the gyms this time around. He should let Gou do that instead.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Go definitely comes across as haughty and arrogant to me, but he really walks the line on being annoying about it. When they play into his insecurities I think it works, and I think he could be a great character IF they do his development right.

I will say the backstory tease in episode 3 is iffy though. The way he just completely disregards Ash as "one of those people" makes me think they're planning some sort of backstory where Go had trouble making friends cause of his attitude, which is fine and could show great character growth, but if they spin it as "Go was an asshole and had to be right about everything, people didn't like that, pity him", I won't be feeling it. That said it seems like with Ash he is trying to move past that behavior, so we'll just have to see where he goes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:
But I feel Ash should not focus on the gyms this time around. He should let Gou do that instead.

But Gou's goal is to meet Mew while also collecting tons of Pokemon, not challenge Gyms. I'm not saying that he can't eventually gain an interest in Gym battles, but so far it seems like he'd rather catch Pokemon than do serious battling. At least Satoshi has his powerful reserves to fall back on if he decides to challenge the Galar Gyms later on. That way he wouldn't have to raise a whole new team of Pokemon and could just use his old ones.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I think Ash will get a fire type Pokemon because that seems like one of his go to types. I remember hoping that he would get Scorbunny before Go was introduced but maybe Ash can get the fire/bug centipede as a last resort.

Zariful

I think Ash will get a fire type Pokemon because that seems like one of his go to types. I remember hoping that he would get Scorbunny before Go was introduced but maybe Ash can get the fire/bug centipede as a last resort.
TBF one could make an argument that Water and Grass were also his go to types. But surprise surprise he skipped them. The only reason flying is still a “go to” type is because Rowlet happened to be dual type.

SatoSereFan224888

Does Gou even want to do the gyms? He just seems interested in catching them all more than battles.
It’s possible he might try to try it out. But honestly, I think Ash shouldn’t give a crap about gyms.

Master Pikachu 11

It’s possible he might try to try it out. But honestly, I think Ash shouldn’t give a crap about gyms.
Well the only way for him to battle Champion Leon is to challenge the gyms because I don’t see any other way for him to challenge Leon without doing so and considering the gym leaders are suppose to be like elite four members in the games, there is no reason for him to not challenge them. And since one of the big complaints with Alola was that there was a lack of battles, then why would you restrict Ash even further by not challenging the new regions gym leaders and thus further have less battles then Sun and Moon.

D

Deleted member 384931

With all the focus on the other regions, they are research fellows, I don't see being enough time to do tbh Galar gym quest

Master Pikachu 11

With all the focus on the other regions, they are research fellows, I don't see being enough time to do tbh Galar gym quest
Yes and last series was about him wanting to graduate and many people were speculating that there would be no league and that turned out to be wrong as there was a league obviously this series is focusing on all regions and they will be region hopping but at the same time if we want to see more battles this series then the Galar gyms have to be included in some form or fashion, maybe in one episode they will just appear in one of the Galar cities that has a gym and Ash decides to take it on. It’s not like Ash is going to pass on the opportunity to battle. Otherwise, I would be expecting even less battles this series compared to S&M if they don’t include the gyms.

nickdt

tbh, with this region hopping they are doing, if Gou wants to start to challenge gyms, let him start in Kanto. Then Ash can do the Galar gyms. Problem however is, he needs to get endorsed. So far, we have seen no sign of who potentially can endorse Ash and if its allowed for a character outside Galar to endorse a trainer to do the Galar gym quest.

Ash-Greninja4life

Scraggy and Krookodile say otherwise. Like his first dark types were a street punk lizard and a gangster crocodile. Plus he's got a heel wrestler too. In terms of design a rock star wouldn't be that much of a stretch. I'm more worried about move pool and what dark moves they'll let it use or we'll they restrict him to Normal-type moves? I could see it using Snarl since its just a sound attack, but I'm not seeing Night Slash.

As for Toxtricity, he's a lizard who fights with the power of rock. Naganadel is a poisonous space dragon crossed with a hornet and Muk is a pile of sludge. He'd fit right in.

True, but Scraggy was made out to be a bit of a comedic character and so lost it’s punk like appearance to me. Scrafty would have been different, and I think that’s one of the reasons it didn’t evolve. As for Krookodile it was more ground type than dark and it did wear sunglasses but I don’t see how that makes it punk. I think having Obstagoon and Toxtricity would be different than Krookodile and Scraggy. Then again they could get away with making them less punk and dark for Ash’s team

Ash-Greninja4life

Does Gou even want to do the gyms? He just seems interested in catching them all more than battles.

this is true, but while he was watching Ash battle in the last episode his eyes glew up like he was interested in seeing how an experienced trainer battled. I think someone mentioned about Go battling in the Kanto gyms while Ash battles the Galar gyms. I think that’s a interesting and Novel idea. But I think there is time for both of them to battle the gyms although Ash has little reason too considering he is a Champion. Has that been referenced much in the series so far? I hope that when they go to Alola someone will challenge him, because isn’t Ash technically the champion champion we’d see in the games?

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

After the recent episode, Gou's perspective towards battle has changed. And it won't be surprising if he actually starts training his pokemons as well. Instead of just catching and studying them. Hibanny is promising battler already. It would be fun to see Gou's another catching spree. This time another region, another type.

World Turtle

this is true, but while he was watching Ash battle in the last episode his eyes glew up like he was interested in seeing how an experienced trainer battled. I think someone mentioned about Go battling in the Kanto gyms while Ash battles the Galar gyms.

That would be an interesting thing to do now that they're doing all the regions.

I think that’s a interesting and Novel idea. But I think there is time for both of them to battle the gyms although Ash has little reason too considering he is a Champion. Has that been referenced much in the series so far? I hope that when they go to Alola someone will challenge him, because isn’t Ash technically the champion champion we’d see in the games?

Does he need a reason? The Galar Gym circuit would be a new challenge for him. That's reason enough.
I don't get why becoming the Alola Champion = no more Gym challenges. Being the champion of one region shouldn't really factor into Ash taking on another region's gym challenge.
Plus being the Alola Champion would help get him an endorsement.

After the recent episode, Gou's perspective towards battle has changed. And it won't be surprising if he actually starts training his pokemons as well. Instead of just catching and studying them. Hibanny is promising battler already. It would be fun to see Gou's another catching spree. This time another region, another type.

Maybe they return to Hoenn for a fishing trip? It has the most water types after Kanto.

I'm trying to think which types would lend themselves to RL analogues of collecting/catching stuff.

Pokemon is based on Bug Catching so them being the first target of Go's catching spree is fitting.

Water Types = Fishing Trip

Ground/Rock/Steel Types = Soil/Stone/Mineral Collection
Grass Type = Plant collection
Flying = Bird Collection
Ghost = Ghost Hunting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.