• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

They can do anything they want at this point, freedom is goid, but too much is bad.

SatoSereFan224888

Another thing that could happen is Ash & Gou get into a heated argument. First it’s a shouting match then it becomes physical with punches thrown. Then Ash tells Gou something that angers him. Gou then throws Ash into a rock, dislocating his shoulder. Gou leaves Ash behind with a sinister smile on his face. However this is way too violent for the anime.

SatoSereFan224888

Well the only way for him to battle Champion Leon is to challenge the gyms because I don’t see any other way for him to challenge Leon without doing so and considering the gym leaders are suppose to be like elite four members in the games, there is no reason for him to not challenge them. And since one of the big complaints with Alola was that there was a lack of battles, then why would you restrict Ash even further by not challenging the new regions gym leaders and thus further have less battles then Sun and Moon.
Well it seems like they’re not focusing on battles. They seem to be doing research more than anything.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Another thing that could happen is Ash & Gou get into a heated argument. First it’s a shouting match then it becomes physical with punches thrown. Then Ash tells Gou something that angers him. Gou then throws Ash into a rock, dislocating his shoulder. Gou leaves Ash behind with a sinister smile on his face. However this is way too violent for the anime.

Why would that even happen what the hell is wrong with you?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Well the only way for him to battle Champion Leon is to challenge the gyms because I don’t see any other way for him to challenge Leon without doing so and considering the gym leaders are suppose to be like elite four members in the games, there is no reason for him to not challenge them. And since one of the big complaints with Alola was that there was a lack of battles, then why would you restrict Ash even further by not challenging the new regions gym leaders and thus further have less battles then Sun and Moon.
We don't know if champions are even allowed to do gyms after being winning a league

D

Deleted member 384931

I wonder if they 'gave Ash the champion status in Alola so that this series would do easier and having an excuse to not challenge the Galar gyms?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Why would that even happen what the hell is wrong with you?
I guess its the fanbase's mentality of mistaking something violent as "dark and mature".

Anyways i still think Ash will catch one of the 2 remaining starters.

MissAngel

Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon
Regarding Galar starters, I don't want Ash to get Sobble. It's my favorite but I think it's too marketable and its evolutions too ugly (by conventional wisdom, though I love them) to evolve. And while I generally don't mind unevolved starters on Ash's team, an unevolved Sobble with the crying gimmick lasting years would be really annoying. If it became Drizzile/Inteleon I would be thrilled but I doubt even the mid stage would happen.

Last edited:

nickdt

Regarding Galar starters, I don't want Ash to get Sobble. It's my favorite but I think it's too marketable and its evolutions too ugly (by conventional wisdom, though I love them) to evolve. And while I generally don't mind unevolved starters on Ash's team, an unevolved Sobble with the crying gimmick lasting years would be really annoying. If it became Drizzile/Inteleon I would be thrilled but I doubt even the mid stage would happen.

Inteleon is the most popular Final evolved form as well.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Sorry, but I'm not a big fan of this idea since I'd rather see Ash get Sobble then another region's water starter. Plus if they ever do get around to Ash using his reserves and he's got the Sinnoh Water starter already on hand that'd very likely lead to Buizel getting the Kingler/Palpitoad treatment and I really don't want that.

Sorry, pal, but I'm not a fan of Sobble for Ash. Sobble suits better for the school girl with the "Electric Hound", Ash would better get Grookey.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
It's not like he would be doing the gyms with the Pokemon that won him the Alolan League
Considering how this series is going we can't say he would not. It is possible he treats it like he did BF and only uses older pokemon and they just do a non stop gym focused arc rather than what we have had in other series. Until we see his first capture we can't confirm he will just go to Galar catch Galar pokemon and use them only. They are too many possible scenarios for how this series could handle things after all.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Sorry, pal, but I'm not a fan of Sobble for Ash. Sobble suits better for the school girl with the "Electric Hound", Ash would better get Grookey.
I don't think Koharu will get a starter unless she starts journeying with Ash and Gou.

Zariful

Tbh with the way they go from region to region to do a thing they want to do. And the fact that they’d be willing to do two episodes just to set up Scorbunny, they could spend some time in Galar for Ash to fight Milo

Ash-Greninja4life

The Alola League literally had no qualifications whatsoever for entry so Ash is on a lower tier when compared to other Champions.

i mean this is true, but trail captains from the games were in it like Acerola and Llima and strong trainers like Hau, Guzma, Faba, Gladion, Kiawe etc. And a lot of them had Z-Rings I.e chosen by the guardians etc so their strength was proven. And a lot of them had defeated and beaten trials especially Ash and Gladion, who ash defeated and Kukui who is arguably the strongest trainer in Alola. So to say that it was an easier League is technically correct, but it was a different league and the trainers were all still strong and capable, especially when it started at 151 down to the best 16. Ash is realistically the strongest trainer in Alola, and the Alolan Champion. Making him one of the strongest trainers in the world (technically) although you can choose not to believe that

Red and Blue

Considering how this series is going we can't say he would not. It is possible he treats it like he did BF and only uses older pokemon and they just do a non stop gym focused arc rather than what we have had in other series. Until we see his first capture we can't confirm he will just go to Galar catch Galar pokemon and use them only. They are too many possible scenarios for how this series could handle things after all.
Ok and even if he uses older Pokemon for gyms that shouldnt ban him from the Galarian League. After all he used older Pokemon in past gyms as well

Status
Not open for further replies.