• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Wasn't Gengar the one who brought the pokeball and ask to be captured?
At the end, but if you look at when Ash’s and Goh first encountered it in episode 11 they were both competing to see who could catch it first.

So Ash was actually interested in catching it and did try to catch it but then he found out it’s backstory and helped save it from Team Rocket and then once Ash recovered from exhaustion then Gengar brought the pokeball revealing that it wants Ash to catch it.

Also Galarian Farfetch’d never begged Ash to catch it and instead after Ash beat it and a battle and took it took a Pokémon Center to heal up Ash then offered it to join his team which Galarian Farfetch’d excepted.

Also when it came to Riolu when the egg hatch and Riolu ran away it was shown that Ash did want to catch Riolu wind was sad that it had ran away from him.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Summarizing the Rumors...
1. James gets Morpeko
2. Ash/Goh both get a Kubfu Form
3. Ash/Goh both get a form of Toxtricity
4. New Opening Soon.
5. Ending will stay the same

My Problem is that he will barely get focus if he is on Ash's Team or he will get focus and then be thrown out of the window. His current Pokeomn haven't gotten enough focus as well. His Pokemon don't appear for most episodes. Then what is the point in giving him two more Pokemon if they are merely going to appear. I don't understand the point. It seems like this Anime wants to rely on fanservice and hype rather than on Good Writing.
Nothing about Koharu... *sigh*
It sucks that the only character I actually care about in this anime is a secondary

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
YESSSS
I don't care about the type overlap Kubfu and Urshifu are amazing mons, loved having one in my team. It's also such an Ash Mon! And if this is true 3/5 of my galar Pokémon wishlist for Ash would come true, holy ****

?????????????????
Kubfu is LITERALLY an Ash Mon. Everything about him SCREAMS Ash. This would be an amazing thing for Journeys to do. Can't wait

Kubfu is so similar to Riolu it just isn't funny. Between Urshifu and Lucario how would you differentiate them? If Ash didn't have Lucario, sure.

It's not even about the Fighting-type as I'd have loved to have Infernape back on the team. It's about the stoic martial artist/battler gimmick. I mean look at OG Lucario sprites and then Urshifu.

After that it's still a bit about them not differentiating the current Fighting-types enough. If Ash gets the RS-form then it will need to compete with Dracovish, which is tuned to being more Water-typish, which is fine since Dragonite has that Dragon-type down.

If they give Urshifu to Ash, then Lucario needs to lean in heavy on the Steel-type moves and Sirfetch'd needs to keep the Gliscor-like moveset. And even then I'd hope for SS-Urshifu because having that Dark-type is a benefit.

Just wanted everyone to be aware. Those " rumors " are not based on any actual leaks, but are just pure speculation probably brought on by stuff like the recent Kubfu merch uptick.

The only thing that has been confirmed as an actual leak is a new OP. All of the other rumors could actually come true, but it wouldn't be because of leaks

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

YESSSS
I don't care about the type overlap Kubfu and Urshifu are amazing mons, loved having one in my team. It's also such an Ash Mon! And if this is true 3/5 of my galar Pokémon wishlist for Ash would come true, holy ****

I understand that but connecting and then catching isn't a journeys exclusive thing, it's been since the start of the anime. Also Goh does do that catching first bonding later thing so .....

Sadly Infernape is back at Oaks Lab

*Cries*
Hope it still comes true

?????????????????
Kubfu is LITERALLY an Ash Mon. Everything about him SCREAMS Ash. This would be an amazing thing for Journeys to do. Can't wait
Yep I agree, I really want this rumor to be true because I really like Urshifu and think one would work really well with Ash and it would have the potential to provide some memorable battles if Ash has one to use. I too don’t care about type overlap either.
Oh, well i have no issues with goh's captures so far, but this is one time i want goh to stay out of way, toxtricity suits ash well and will be second electric type a type which he is long overdue..
They can each catch one since there are two forms.
Wasn't Gengar the one who brought the pokeball and ask to be captured?
Yes however, Ash was competing with Goh to catch it since its first appearance in Chloe’s first focus episode with Yamper and when it came to Gengar’s focus episode, Ash was still competing with Goh to catch it. After Gengar battled alongside Ash against TR, did it decide to allow Ash to catch it. But the fact remains that Ash really wanted to catch it and it remains as one of the few Pokémon in this series that he actually wanted to get.
Nope

Find is not catch, it can be just for battling it.
rewatch the Chloe/Yamper episode and you will see that they both wanted the Pokémon.

BobbbidyBob

Just wanted everyone to be aware. Those " rumors " are not based on any actual leaks, but are just pure speculation probably brought on by stuff like the recent Kubfu merch uptick.

The only thing that has been confirmed as an actual leak is a new OP. All of the other rumors could actually come true, but it wouldn't be because of leaks
I definitely prefer leaks over rumors

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Aside from them being PWC competitors there's no reason to bring them back. Iris was a PWC contestant, the Alola characters came back because they were the most recent and they felt like an actual friend group, Brock and Misty might come back because of nostalgia, and finally I think that Dawn might return due to BDSP promotion. I do not expect May, Max, Cilan, and the XY gang to return because either they can't because their VA retired or there's no reason for them to return.
Good news guys. May, Max, Cilan, and the XY gang are confirmed!

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Speaking about Openings, I remember back in March, Rica responded to a fan requesting her to sing "1 2 3" with Gou and also a slight criticism of the Current State of the Anime.

(Estimating from Google Translate)

Fan's Tweet: "I watched Pokemon Movie Coco. Please just let Satoshi play an active role in the Anime again! I was really bored. I wanted to see more and more of Satoshi and Pikachu! I mean, at least let Satoshi get a proper Pokemon from the Galar region for once."

Fan's Follow Up Tweet 2: "I also want Rica Matsumoto to sing the theme song again! Sing "1 2 3" with Gou!"

Rica's Reply: "The Pokemon Anime Staff is doing their best to make every happy. I will also continue doing my best as Satoshi. Thank you for your support."

Yes however, Ash was competing with Goh to catch it since its first appearance in Chloe’s first focus episode with Yamper and when it came to Gengar’s focus episode, Ash was still competing with Goh to catch it.
rewatch the Chloe/Yamper episode and you will see that they both wanted the Pokémon.
Goh initiate the catching challenge (he literaly challenge Ash on who can catch Gengar first), Ash simply agree to it but did not show catching intent at all, he only look when Goh throw multiple pokeballs and only battle Gengar when it attack Goh/Koharu. Ash is simply being courteous by accepting the challenge because it would be awkward if he refused.

And here is from the episode it got captured:
Goh said he will catch Gengar first. In response, Ash said he will find (not catch) Gengar first.
If Ash really want to catch it, he would have also said "catch" instead of "find" when Goh said "catch". Even if Ash had catching intent on Yamper/Gengar episode, it already eroded into mere battling intent on the actual capture episode.

Never in the episode Ash made a catching attempt before Gengar ask him to.

There are other times in the anime where Ash want to find a pokemon first before Goh, only to battle it instead of catch it, especially strong pokemon (Ash previously admit that the Gengar is strong).

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Goh initiate the catching challenge (he literaly challenge Ash on who can catch Gengar first), Ash simply agree to it but did not show catching intent at all, he only look when Goh throw multiple pokeballs and only battle Gengar when it attack Goh/Koharu. Ash is simply being courteous by accepting the challenge because it would be awkward if he refused.

And here is from the episode it got captured:

If Ash really want to catch it, he would have also said "catch" instead of "find" when Goh said "catch". Even if Ash had catching intent on Yamper/Gengar episode, it already eroded into mere battling intent on the actual capture episode.

Never in the episode Ash made a catching attempt before Gengar ask him to.

There are other times in the anime where Ash want to find a pokemon first before Goh, only to battle it instead of catch it, especially strong pokemon (Ash previously admit that the Gengar is strong).
Trying to argue that Ash didn’t want to catch Gengar just because he said find instead of catch is just arguing semantics.

The fact that Goh challenge Ash to see who could catch Gengar first only reinforces that Ash did have an interest in catching him.

Him bonding with Gengar and it deciding to join Ash’s team doesn’t change the point that Ash did have an intent to capture it.

Also they shouldn’t have to have Ash literally say that wants to catch a Pokémon if he literally accepts a challenge to see who can catch a Pokémon.

Your whole initial argument that Ash has lost the will to capture Pokémon in this series is blatantly false as there have been cases where Ash has shown interest in catching Pokémon.

Also if anything Ash catching Galarian Farfetch’d proves that he is still wanting to catch Pokémon. Just because Ash didn’t instantly throw a pokeball at Galarian Farfetch’d and instead took to a Pokémon Center first doesn’t mean he wasn’t interested in catching it.

Heck the fact of the matter is that Galarian Farfetch’d joining Ash’s team was never it’s idea, as it was all of Ash’s idea to offer it and convince it to join his team.

Not only that Ash did compete with Goh over who would catch Scyther, Golurk, and Gengar, and he showed a very clear interest in wanting Riolu and being sad when it ran away from him.

Not to mention that he literally said in episode 11 that he wanted to capture more Pokémon and did try to go after to catch a Woobat and possibly a Yamask in episode 14 but he wound up getting interrupted by a trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.