• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
@Dephender can you translate this if there's anything interesting?

It lists the Pokemon features the issue is going to have:
*Interview with Kobayashi
*Comments from Kamiya and Shiraishi
*Dialogue with Tomiyasu and Kato
*Interview with Yasuda

Probably going to be very Project Mew-centric

D

Deleted member 384931

It lists the Pokemon features the issue is going to have:
*Interview with Kobayashi
*Comments from Kamiya and Shiraishi
*Dialogue with Tomiyasu and Kato
*Interview with Yasuda

Probably going to be very Project Mew-centric
Yeah

ShadowForce720

Again you are taking it out of context. I never made this argument. What I argue is that Ash do not catch simply because he want to have that pokemon. He only catch those who ask to join or those he can help by admit it into his team. It is not about interest in capturing (such as Scyther) but about actual capture.

Or are you nitpicking me from this post? I clearly mentioned that it is relative to his OS days. There is no denying that he has lost interest compared to that old days. The part in JN when he said he want to catch a lot of pokemons turn out to be empty talk. He let a lot of new generation pokemon passed him without any interest on it.

I already answered this:

Furthermore, it was Goh who suggest to capture Gengar, so it wasn't Ash's initiative.

Every early bird captures in past series (excluding Rowlet) was caught via direct throw or battle initiated by Ash. In SM, Ash actively trying convince Litten to join him before Litten allowed him to battle to prove his worth.

This is unique to JN when every pokemon he caught, he did not take the initiative. Dragonite, Gengar, and Riolu literaly ask him to capture them. G.Fetch challenge him to battle. The fossil researcher suggest Ash to catch Dracovish.
Actually this isn’t true Ash’s Taillow was the one that initiated the battle as it kept attacking him, then when it came to Starly the battle started because Ash’s Aipom collided with it and got into a fight with it when they were looking for Pikachu and then he only tried to catch it because Brock suggested he do that because it could help look for Pikachu.

Ash also didn’t intiate the battle against Fletchling as that battle started because it stole a berry that Bonnie was trying to feed to a Dedenne which caused the Dedenne to get upset and run away causing Bonnie to get upset and in response Froakie retaliated against Fletchling which then led Ash to battling it.

Also if you rewatch episode 21 it was made pretty clear that Ash wanted Riolu which was why he was upset when it ran away from him.

Also Galarian Farfetch’d it doesn’t matter if it was the one to challenge Ash to the battle, the fact of the matter is Ash took the initiative to catch it by offering it to join his team.

Also no this not something to unique to Journeys and your arguments can be used to say that was the case in previous series that Ash didn’t take the initiative to catch “x” Pokémon.

For instance all of the Pokémon that Ash caught in AG was not because of him taking the initiative and catching them because he simply wanted to catch them.

I already mentioned Taillow, now when it comes to Treecko it was Treecko that initiated the battle against Ash, where as Corphish initiated the battle by causing trouble by attacking Ash and Co.

When it came to Torkoal Ash only thought to offer it to join his team after he saw that it was still following him, and when it came to Snorunt it was after Nurse Joy stated the reason why Snorunt didn’t want to give Ash’s badges back was because Ash would then leave and then after it was Max who suggested that Snorunt could come along with them and then that led Ash to battling Snorunt.

So by your own logic Ash didn’t catch a Pokémon during the Hoenn saga because he took the initiative and simply wanted to catch it, so no this is not something unique to Journeys.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
LOLL I want to watch the new movie about her.....
I think that cute Pokemon can be strong too. Not just ones that look scary and big
I completely agree (I mean that’s the whole premise behind ash’s Pikachu). Besides, one of the most iconic battles was when that tiny little Bellsprout about single-handed you swept ash’s team.

that shot at the end of the iris episode seemed to show a clefairy next to someone. So maybe we will get to see that kick some butt.
Toxitricity hasn't even been featured prominently on any merch. Could it be a Gible 2.0?
It’s been in a fair amount. Two different types of figures for it (one was shown alongside sirfetch’d, drizzile, and snom, while one was with ash, goh, chloe, and a bunch of mons—that was a more chibi style figure set). Also, there was some arcade—looking thing that featured it along with cinderace, Pikachu, and I think Lucario.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I don't know..............if i had a cute pokemon i'd cuddle with them all day instead of throwing them in the gladiator's pit :3
It would be interesting to see a cute pokémon like Alcremie viciously attacking and destroying her opponents hehe

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
So by your own logic Ash didn’t catch a Pokémon during the Hoenn saga because he took the initiative and simply wanted to catch it, so no this is not something unique to Journeys.
I just need to talk about Treecko to break this logic. Ash literally told May early in the episode that he want to catch a Treecko. He was chasing a group of Treeckos to catch one before crossing path to the one he eventually captured. Ash was the one who was looking for it and also the one who challenge it.

ShadowForce720

I just need to talk about Treecko to break this logic. Ash literally told May early in the episode that he want to catch a Treecko. He was chasing a group of Treeckos to catch one before crossing path to the one he eventually captured. Ash was the one who was looking for it and also the one who challenge it.
Nope, that doesn’t work because at the end of the episode it was Treecko that initiated the battle with Ash that led to it getting captured.

So by your own logic because Ash failed his initial attempt to catch Treecko and then bond with it and then it initiated the battle with Ash that resulted in it’s capture that means Ash didn’t take the initiative and didn’t catch Treecko simply because he wanted to.

After all you said the part your referring to is when Ash makes a successful capture, however Ash did not successfully capture Treecko when he initially tried to because he wanted it, and instead he caught it at the end of the episode after he bonded with it and it initiated the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.