• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!
So anybody think goh will catch snorlax

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My point is that its fair to speculate. I'm just finding all of this Kubfu information a tad convenient at the moment.

Look what happened in the last opening. The adventures of Ash/Goh/Koharu/Leon and it practically led no where. No information related to the Project Mew arc. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic but still tread with caution as it may not fully happen as intended. Tell me I'm wrong here.
The way you phrased it made it seem like one of those buzzkill “there’s no point of speculating” posts. I don’t see anyone saying that this will happen but are speculating in a hypothetical reality as if Kubfu was happening. You’re just stating what everyone knows since openings have never been exactly a 1:1 indicator of what’s to come

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Things I am looking forward to seeing in the new OP that have been in the past 2:

The past companions. I can see;
Lemon duo because of all the Dedene pushing
Lillie because of Mohn and Ninetales
Cilan because of the missing Pansage and just getting Iris
Dawn because of Volkner and BDSP promotion

The Ash vs. segment, (first Bea then Leon);
Probably Volkner or Bea, but maybe a variety of different known characters
Hopefully we see some other Galar leaders

The Ash vs. Goh;
I want to see if this continues

New team member reveals. (Grookey, Flygon, Heracross, Aerodactyl, etc.)
Probably Kubfu
I hope for Toxel to show up over the course of this OP, rather than needing to wait another 6 months

The Goh legendary segment. Either;
Kubfu
Galar birds
Hoenn/ Galar Regi's
Maybe some project Mew stuff

A segment only in the most recent OP is Koharu's call to adventure and chasing the Eeveelutions, I wonder if they will expand on that?

My other hopes are for Inteleon and Thwakey, though those, especially Thwakey, are unlikely. And a hint towards a story arc, like DD in OP 2.

Any more Galar, people or Pokémon, would be nice.

So anybody think goh will catch snorlax
No, but I do think that he will catch Munchlax.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Since Tracey and Paul we're shown last episode, I guess anime-only characters can return... More hopes for Max cameo... Maybe Ritchie, Trip, Alain, Cassidy, Butch, Keanan (for Goodra) and Tobias can return...

Also, since Ash is accompanying Goh in the Project Mew, what will make the new characters think that Ash is "qualified" to tag along? Goh has Suicune under his belt, and Gary has to get at least a Moltres feather...

Dawn's return is imminent...

BlazingAsh

I hope ultra class battles are 3 on 3 so that Ash can use reserves and evolve some of them as he no longer has any Pokemon that can evolve on his main team.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
A rather fun fact which I thought would fit in here: The Line "Pokemon Getto Daze" which said after catching a Pokemon was coined by Former Anime Producer Shukichi Kanda. The same man who also coined the Romance Plot between Serena & Satoshi. He unfortunately passed away Half-Way into the XY Series. The Volcanion Movie in the credits and had ""Dedicated to 神田修吉"....

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Since Tracey and Paul we're shown last episode, I guess anime-only characters can return... More hopes for Max cameo... Maybe Ritchie, Trip, Alain, Cassidy, Butch, Keanan (for Goodra) and Tobias can return...

Also, since Ash is accompanying Goh in the Project Mew, what will make the new characters think that Ash is "qualified" to tag along? Goh has Suicune under his belt, and Gary has to get at least a Moltres feather...

I don't think that Max will be making a cameo unless Norman is one of Ash's Hyper Class opponents.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Honestly, the fact that they did show Tracy and Paul gives me more hope that one of the silhouettes for Ash's Ultra Rank opponents ends up being Tyson. Pikachu deserves revenge for that crappy league loss. At least in the Sinnoh League, he drew with Latios. Hoenn was just embarrassing.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Haha reserves. I wouldn't count on that my man.

never say never with this series.

there is one thing i've been thinking about regarding the potential obtainment of kubfu.

so far the writers seem to have a color thing going with Ash representing Blue and Goh Red...

and what colors are the two towers...Water is Blue, Darkness is Red...

I would like to be wrong but i've got that feeling that might infer who gets which form.

ShadowForce720

never say never with this series.

there is one thing i've been thinking about regarding the potential obtainment of kubfu.

so far the writers seem to have a color thing going with Ash representing Blue and Goh Red...

and what colors are the two towers...Water is Blue, Darkness is Red...

I would like to be wrong but i've got that feeling that might infer who gets which form.
If Ash and Goh were to both get Kubfu and evolve them into Urshifu I don’t think that just because the tower of Water is Blue and the tower of Darkness is Red that it automatically means that Ash would get Rapid Strike Style and Goh would get Single Strike Style just because of the colors.

I mean heck if you look at it, it could be argued that it will be the other way around in that Ash would get the more aggressive Single Strike Style Urshifu while Goh gets the more calm and collected Rapid Strike Urshifu.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If Ash and Goh were to both get Kubfu and evolve them into Urshifu I don’t think that just because the tower of Water is Blue and the tower of Darkness is Red that it automatically means that Ash would get Rapid Strike Style and Goh would get Single Strike Style just because of the colors.

I mean heck if you look at it, it could be argued that it will be the other way around in that Ash would get the more aggressive Single Strike Style Urshifu while Goh gets the more calm and collected Rapid Strike Urshifu.

I suppose in terms of personality, Ash is a Red Oni, and Goh is the Blue Oni, if one were to apply that trope to this.

Nope, that doesn’t work because at the end of the episode it was Treecko that initiated the battle with Ash that led to it getting captured.
Nope, that doesn't work because that was simply Treecko giving another chance to Ash who is trying to get him.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Nope, that doesn't work because that was simply Treecko giving another chance to Ash who is trying to get him.
Nope, that argument doesn’t work because by your own logic since Ash didn’t express that he wanted to catch Treecko in their second battle it means he didn’t catch just to simply catch it.

It was Treecko that initiated the 2nd battle not Ash. It was Treecko that took the initiative in the second battle by challenging Ash.

Nope, that argument doesn’t work because by your own logic since Ash didn’t express that he wanted to catch Treecko in their second battle it means he didn’t catch just to simply catch it.

It was Treecko that initiated the 2nd battle not Ash. It was Treecko that took the initiative in the second battle by challenging Ash.
Don't label your own logic as my logic. I already write about Litten before.

Treecko situation is similiar to Litten situation. Ash made it clear to them that he wanted them to join his team but they rejected him, so Ash wait untill they are ready. So Ash is the one who initiate it.

ShadowForce720

Don't label your own logic as my logic. I already write about Litteb before.

It is similiar to Litten situation. Ash made it clear to them that he wanted them to join his team but they rejected him, so Ash wait untill they are ready. So Ash is the one who initiate it.
Except he wasn’t the one who initiated the 2nd battle, so no your logic doesn’t work. Heck when Ash was bonding with Treecko he wasn’t focused on catching it and was more focused on trying to help it.

It was then Treecko who took the initiative and challenged Ash to a 2nd battle.

Except he wasn’t the one who initiated the 2nd battle, so no your logic doesn’t work.
The second battle is Treecko giving another chance to Ash. The second battle is a response from Treecko to Ash's capture initiative. Ash already gave the offer and he never pull the offer off the table.

Just as Litten, Ask ask him to join but Litten bite him and then Litten challenge him to battle instead. So Litten was the one who initiate the last battle but it was a response to Ash's initiative.

Last edited:

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly

Even though I never cared for them, I still wouldn't mind if Bill (it's Butch!) and Cassidy returned even for one episode. Mainly just to see the TRio's reaction especially Jessie's.

Status
Not open for further replies.