• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaRulez

I did like Beet and Mary in the games more than certain previous rivals, and if Mary does appear in the anime I would want her character arc to receive some closure, unlike Bel in Best Wishes who just sort of disappeared without a conclusion at one point.

If Beet is Bede then I think he would have the best storyarc out of the Shield and Sword rivals because in the games he changes his type specialty and that'd be cool to see in the show.

SerenaRulez

I think the writers cornered themselves by not using reserves in XY and most of BW and SM
Now his reserves appearing, while great for older audiences, for the newer would mean Ash pulling a lot of pokémon last seen 7-10 years ago out of nowhere

Isn't that why flashbacks exist? They could bring back those Pokemon with each one getting a mini flashback to explain how Ash met them. :)

Zariful

I always felt like Unova was such a misstep. Like post Unova league, Ash hardly used his reserves and Charizard basically benched the already benched Unfezant. Like why not have something like the Battle Frontier? Where Charizard would actually be useful along with some other old friends.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
With nothing new atm and 9 episodes titles revealed, hard to really fathom if Ash is gonna capture anything at all. The other troublesome sign is the fact that Mr.Mime, a Pokemon never known to be a reserve to him, is his "second" Pokemon. If he's not capturing anything, it's already a bad sign that his other Pokemon aren't in the plans either.

World Turtle

With nothing new atm and 9 episodes titles revealed, hard to really fathom if Ash is gonna capture anything at all. The other troublesome sign is the fact that Mr.Mime, a Pokemon never known to be a reserve to him, is his "second" Pokemon. If he's not capturing anything, it's already a bad sign that his other Pokemon aren't in the plans either.

I'm giving it till episode 20 before I stop following and come back in like a couple months maybe the end of the year since I think they're taking time to establish Go as the Co-protagonist, let him get a feel for each region, catch a few things from each, etc. to just get him started and then hopefully it'll be Ash's turn.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
Isn't that why flashbacks exist? They could bring back those Pokemon with each one getting a mini flashback to explain how Ash met them. :)

I'm sure that if things were that easy, we would've seen many of Satoshi's older Pokemon return for major appearances in recent years, but at most we've seen half of them make silent cameos. So I don't think that it's as simple as the writers using flashbacks to reintroduce the reserves, otherwise it would've happened many times by now.

D

Deleted member 384931

Gou can catch a pokemon in every episode if he wants. For Ash, I wouldn't know honestly.

nickdt

We definitely need some new information to talk about, specially since this week is a break!

And are they really going to mention the region name in almost every episode title?

They kinda have too with the region hopping, unless they stay in Kanto.

D

Deleted member 384931

Honestly I can't blame them that it becomes stale, I mean look at the Simpsons after 30 years, 20 years is impressive

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
My one thought process, er I guess fear is that Go doesn't take to battling well and begins to mostly just stick to collecting, which in turn leads to Ash borrowing what he needs when battling arises.
I'm giving it till episode 20 before I stop following and come back in like a couple months maybe the end of the year since I think they're taking time to establish Go as the Co-protagonist, let him get a feel for each region, catch a few things from each, etc. to just get him started and then hopefully it'll be Ash's turn.
I'm definitely not saying to jump ship yet... but the signs are rearing their head rather early.
Honestly I can't blame them that it becomes stale, I mean look at the Simpsons after 30 years, 20 years is impressive
While Ash is the staple amongst the show, the Pokemon he uses besides Pikachu are not. The Simpsons comparison kinda falls flat as their characters are constant and they rely/relied heavily on real-life situations and modern events.

Master Pikachu 11

My one thought process, er I guess fear is that Go doesn't take to battling well and begins to mostly just stick to collecting, which in turn leads to Ash borrowing what he needs when battling arises.

I'm definitely not saying to jump ship yet... but the signs are rearing their head rather early.

While Ash is the staple amongst the show, the Pokemon he uses besides Pikachu are not. The Simpsons comparison kinda falls flat as their characters are constant and they rely/relied heavily on real-life situations and modern events.
This is the last thing that Ash needs to do, at least using Mimey is an exception because it’s family and Delia is allowing Ash to use it, but to then have to use a companion’s Pokémon when he has Pokémon at the lab would go against everything Ash’s character is about. He refused to use his previous companions Pokémon and to use a companions Pokémon for battles should automatically put an * next to his win. Ash is very capable of catching his own or using his own pokemon and if they make Ash use Go’s Pokémon then we will have a problem. I am fine with Go’s goal but if it gets in the way and is the reason that Ash can’t catch Pokémon then I’m not going to like Go’s goal and hope that we never get another character like him in the future. Sorry for the long post but it would be very frustrating if the writers resorted to this because they refuse to have Ash use reserves or catch Pokémon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Joltik-Kid said:

Well considering that Satoshi was willing to borrow Barrierd from his mother, I suppose that him borrowing Gou's Pokemon might eventually happen. I don't care about that either way, though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
If Beet is Bede then I think he would have the best storyarc out of the Shield and Sword rivals because in the games he changes his type specialty and that'd be cool to see in the show.

Sadly, I personally don't think that the anime would handle the type specialty change that Beet went through in the games since the anime doesn't place as much emphasis on things like type specialty based character progression unless it deals with a cast member.

Ash-Greninja4life

Well considering that Satoshi was willing to borrow Barrierd from his mother, I suppose that him borrowing Gou's Pokemon might eventually happen. I don't care about that either way, though.
Personally can’t see Ash borrowing Go’s Pokemon. Ash has plenty of reserve pokemon that can and should be showcased in this series as well as the likelihood he will catch new Pokemon. Can only think of a few times and not since Johto that ash borrowed Pokemon. Only one that springs to mind is when he borrowed some of Misty’s for the water tournament. Of course for Pokemon camps but that doesn’t really count

Status
Not open for further replies.